LloydsTSB (merged)

Options
I have had a claim ongoing with Lloyds TSB for over £1100 since January. Left it for quite a while as I was ill. They offered me £128 in March. I only wrote back 2 weeks ago, threatening court etc. if not settled in full.

Today received the following ' I have noted your comments but unfortunately I cannot add any further information to our previous letter or agree to your request. Since the bank's final response has been issued (march 2006) i must advise you that we will not be entering into any further correspomndence regarding the points you have raised' (jamie O'Neill assistant manager)

Is this a standard reply? Or have i ruined my chance of any payout at all now? So frustrating ... how much is it to go down the court route, does anyone know? they are relying on the fact that I probably cant afford that option.....:mad:

When I made the original request for a refund I also complained about how I had been treated at the branch, have I ruined it?

Please help... not sure what to do next - but need to strike while the iron is hot (or i get ill again)

Thanks
Outstanding Debt in September = £18082.33 Outstanding Debt in October = £17902.33

Debt Free Date = October 2014

Do the banks close you account when reclaiming charges??? 163 votes

Yes and they can get overdrafts back staright away
14% 24 votes
No the account is left to run
75% 123 votes
Everything is closed and all funds to be repaid
9% 16 votes

Comments

• fizzyhelen
    fizzyhelen Posts: 8,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    No you have not ruined it, just carry on.
    If you have sent them 2 letters previously, now is the time to start the Court claim. Have you been on the CAG website? There is loads of help and support on there, along with template letters, and step by step guides etc.
    Good luck.
    Helen :)
    :)ITV Winners Club Member #46:)
    :DFish Slice Winner 2013:D

#justiceforpoppi

• wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a claim ongoing with Lloyds TSB for over £1100 since January. Left it for quite a while as I was ill. They offered me £128 in March. I only wrote back 2 weeks ago, threatening court etc. if not settled in full.

Today received the following ' I have noted your comments but unfortunately I cannot add any further information to our previous letter or agree to your request. Since the bank's final response has been issued (march 2006) i must advise you that we will not be entering into any further correspomndence regarding the points you have raised' (jamie O'Neill assistant manager)

Is this a standard reply? Or have i ruined my chance of any payout at all now? So frustrating ... how much is it to go down the court route, does anyone know? they are relying on the fact that I probably cant afford that option.....:mad:

When I made the original request for a refund I also complained about how I had been treated at the branch, have I ruined it?

Please help... not sure what to do next - but need to strike while the iron is hot (or i get ill again)

Thanks

i agree with helen good luck go for it
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone had sucess with LloydsTSB. I have just sent off for a statement of my charges under the data protection act. I would like to know who has managed to get their charges back from Lloyds?
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • David_Brent
    Options
    I would also be very interested anyone reclaiming charges from Lloyds as im currently trying to reclaim over £800 in charges from them. Would it be an idea to create seperate threads for the top banks noting peoples progress, rather than searching through various threads?
    !"£$%^&*()
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look at the Lloyds Bank forum over at CAG. A few people have posted they have settled in full with this bank.
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • fizzyhelen
    fizzyhelen Posts: 8,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    I got over £1500 back on behalf of my boyfriend from LTSB. It took about 7 months, so you need plenty of patience!
    I agree with Rex, join the CAG website, it's brill!
    Helen
    :)ITV Winners Club Member #46:)
    :DFish Slice Winner 2013:D

#justiceforpoppi

• Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    My son has just got his court date through - mid February.

Helen: It's well known that Lloyds usually take it to the court steps before they finally settle in full. Was that your experience? Did they settle in full or did you accept an 'offer?' The reason I ask is because I thought my son may have heard something from the solicitors by way of an offer (not that he is going to accept - holding out for the full settlement!)
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    But please also give this brand, spanking new board a chance to deliver the goods as well :j

Once Martin's article is up on the Main Site tomorrow and we get a blue bar for specific links we'll be all set to keep questions on specific banks to the one thread although we would like the Success Stories thread to be for all the banks as this gives hope to people when they read through them.

Helen, thats a good point to add how long it took you so people don't give up hope half way through.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, Ive recieved mine back. I was the 1st Lloyds TSB case ( I bleieve) to be moved to the mercantile court.

It can take time - I think in total it took abut 6 and a half months.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • jasun
    jasun Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Usually all of the banks file a defence in the hope you'll stop the claim. I claimed back over 1000 from Barclays last year, the process took about 3 months and ended after the court date was announced and I got a full settlement. I've got a 2nd one against Barclays open at the moment, which is just awaiting another date to be set, for another 1000 since the claim last year.

If you have just a few charges, you could first try getting them back by requesting them, Barclays usually do this for you a few times, not sure about others.

Once I've dealt with this 2nd claim, I'll be moving on to do a load more. CAG is good, over 80,000 users registered since it launched in Feb, so you can see the scale of the idea of people getting their charges back.

I just saw a news report about how some CC companies are already starting to introduce annual fees again, to try and get back some of the profit made from charges, since the recent OFT ruling.

Lets hope the big ones don't follow, else they all will.

Another place for more people to find out and gain help about getting charges back can only be a good thing - spread the word :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure