PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How to get nail varnish out of the carpet

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • yummymommy
    Options
    Hi Guys

I hope I'm in the right place here. DD's had friend to play the other day and it wasn't until yesterday that they owned up to the nail vanish spilt on their carpet.:mad:

Does anyone have any advise to remove this please? Thankx
    The past is over & done & cannot be changed. This is the only moment we can experience - Louise Hay
    "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
    -- Buddha
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Options
    Well, if no-one else suggests anything can I throw in with nail varnish remover?

I know it seems glib, and am not sure what it'd do to your carpet (do you have an old bit you could test it on?) but surely its got to be worth agon if nothing else does it, after all, how much worse could it be?
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Nail varnish remover and a clean cloth to dab, not rub it off. Moisten cloth with it, don't soak the stain or it will spread. Ventilate the room and No smoking!!!!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • yummymommy
    Options
    Thanks guys x
    The past is over & done & cannot be changed. This is the only moment we can experience - Louise Hay
    "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
    -- Buddha
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    thankfully not in my house.... my sister has spilt a bottle of nail varnish on mum's carpet. any ideas on how to get it out?

over 4 hours ago so all dried in now which doesnt help.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gosh, that's difficult. It may damage the carpet as most nail varnish removers are solvents.

Try a tiny bit first.
    I usually use nail varnish remover and blot really well.
    Don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Jillie

hopefully this thread should have some great suggestions. Have a read and i will merge it later
    thanks
    Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    thanks Zippy
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    the kids did this once with a synthetic carpet and I KNEW that using acetone wasnt going to work - so I let it dry rock hard then got a stanley knife and cut away the nail varnish, trying not to scalp the carpet. that worked well - so i tried it on a burnt bit and that worked too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure