IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Apoca parking fine Luton Airport info needed please

Options

Comments

• Steve_McQueen
    Options
    I had no correspondance from Apcoa after a fast drop off at Luton Airport, just a threatening letter from Roxburghe. I'm glad that some quick Googling put my mind at rest!

If anybody does wish to phone Roxburghe but not go thru their automated system, the direct no. is: 01932 332049
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Why would anybody be foolish enough to call the scammers?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I had no correspondance from Apcoa after a fast drop off at Luton Airport, just a threatening letter from Roxburghe. I'm glad that some quick Googling put my mind at rest!

If anybody does wish to phone Roxburghe but not go thru their automated system, the direct no. is: 01932 332049

Never!

But useful to know that number, I am sure there are some websites we can put it on...:cool::D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • flangiepange
    Options
    Hi, I have been reading with interest all the threads about apcoa, roxburghe and Graham White since I received a penalty notice a few months ago for stopping in a restricted area at Luton airport at 04.15 (while I was tucked up in bed- I know I can multi task but I think this one takes the biscuit).

My son goggled it and found this website. I have sine had the exepected roxburghe letter and the solicitor letter 14 days after. What I have also had is a barrage of phone calls from these people on my mobile! Has anyone else had these?

I have no idea how they got my number, I am ex directory! I have never answered a call from them but the call comes from either an 'unknown' source and sometimes a mobile number. I was left a voicemail today - again asking me to call urgently - which I didn't.

I am not planning on paying a penny for my imaginary trip to Luton (I think the last time I went there was in about 1993! What I did do when I received the initial notice was email and ask for photographic evidence as I was in bed at the time and they just ignored it. But these phone calls are becoming a pain, they call anytime between 8am and 11pm!

Should I answer and if so, what's the best thing to say to them - besides the very tempting profanities?

Many thanks. :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do not waste money ringing them back.

But if they call when you are there then answer it. Be assertive - standing up always helps me when going into assertive mode on the phone! Just say:

'the alleged debt is DENIED. Your contact is harassment and must cease. I now expect NO further contact from you, whether as Roxburghe or if you are passing yourselves off as Graham White solicitors or any other pseudonym. ANY contact from now on will be reported to the authorities so I insist you pass the file back to the original [STRIKE]scammers[/STRIKE] company.'

Phone down.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • flangiepange
    Options
    thanks for that coupon-mad, I have so far ignored them but didnt know if I should answer a call. As someone above gave out numbers, I thought I would share these with you.

I get calls and texts from Roxburghe and Graham White from mobile numbers. Roxburghe text from this number: +44 7837 667044 and Graham White call from 07837 666755 and also the Roxburghe number. I also have many witheld numbers (I know its them because they leave voicemails), I have also had calls from 07837 668100, I also had a few calls at the beginning from the landline numbers listed above.

They try and call me about 4 or 5 times a day on average and this has been going on for about 6 weeks. They seem very keen to talk to me but I am a patient girl and have not been piddled off enough to answer as I really dont want to give them any of my time.

I have to pay to retrieve the voicemails so maybe I could bill them for voicemail retrieval?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks for that coupon-mad, I have so far ignored them but didnt know if I should answer a call. As someone above gave out numbers, I thought I would share these with you.

I get calls and texts from Roxburghe and Graham White from mobile numbers. Roxburghe text from this number: +44 7837 667044 and Graham White call from 07837 666755 and also the Roxburghe number. I also have many witheld numbers (I know its them because they leave voicemails), I have also had calls from 07837 668100, I also had a few calls at the beginning from the landline numbers listed above.

They try and call me about 4 or 5 times a day on average and this has been going on for about 6 weeks. They seem very keen to talk to me but I am a patient girl and have not been piddled off enough to answer as I really dont want to give them any of my time.

I have to pay to retrieve the voicemails so maybe I could bill them for voicemail retrieval?

4 or 5 a day for six weeks, they really must be desperate! A lot of time being spent on a speculative invoice!!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Just think, 4 or 5 a day for 6 weeks, any other debt company for a real debt would have gone to court by now (if they thought they would win).
  • flangiepange
    Options
    I just wonder how many more people are getting this treatment and giving in to them. I am quite stubborn so they have no chance, especially as I have informed them that I've not even been to Luton Airport for 18 years :rotfl:
  • Bigbubu
    Bigbubu Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2011 at 7:18AM
    Options
    HY all. i'm in the same situation i was twice in this night to luton airport and because i didn't have coins in my pocket only 5, 10, 20. did not have ideea where to change i stop the car just before you go in 10 minutes pick up/ drop of zone. to be honest exactley in the round about. first time nothing happend, but after 4 hours when i came back stoping in the same place, a men came with a car sayin no no no....u got yourself 80 quid fine, and left. he was referring about cctv. what do you advise me if i receive a letter with fine from them. thank you very much and sorry for my english
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure