We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

determined to be debtfree!

Options

Comments

• walby1993
    Options
    Hi DFW,

The braised lamb sounds delicious!

Re: PMT. I used to suffer quite badly with it (not sure why H2b stayed with me during that time but lucky for me he did! :rotfl:) I found taking the vitamin tablet B6 really helped. Only good from Holls and B though rather than supermarket own brand as it is a much higher dose therefore, more effective.

Walby
    :heart: Became Mrs W in 2011 :heart:
    :smileyhea Blessed with Baby boy 1 in 2013, Baby boy 2 in 2016 and Baby boy 3 in 2018 :smileyhea
    Debt @ 19/8/11 [STRIKE]£20,060 [/STRIKE] current £0
    Paid off 100% :dance:
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    :wave: Hi Walby

Funny you should mention Vit B6 as a friend also said this to me last month so i have bought some (am very slack at taking it though :o) and only been taking it for a few weeks, i will get them out and put them next to the kettle so i remember each morning to take them lol...perhaps once it does kick in then i will be a different person at that time of the month ;) which my husband would appreciate greatly :rotfl:!!

The lamb does sound delicious doesn't it, the pic had me sold on it :p but i've no idea how much lamb costs nowadays so will have to check that one out! I may even take a trip into town and go to the butchers as i need/want quite a lot of meat this month.
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!! DONE!!
    EF/moving fund £2677.62/3000~ NSD 9/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £266.31/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • Deeperblue
    Options
    Cake in the slow cooker?! You HAVE to tell me how that works out!

x
    Parents - £4000/£0 paid
    OH parents - £9000/£0 paid

Mortgage - £125,000/£0 overpayments
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    I'm quite curious as to how that one will work too DB! Will keep you informed! And if i can work out how to post a pic i will put one up lol x
    EF/moving fund £2677.62/3000~ NSD 9/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £266.31/ £500 ~
  • walby1993
    Options
    Yes DFW, try to remember to take it every day if you can. I have been known to take 2 when I am particularly bad! :D

Can't wait to see pics of the yummy food!
    :heart: Became Mrs W in 2011 :heart:
    :smileyhea Blessed with Baby boy 1 in 2013, Baby boy 2 in 2016 and Baby boy 3 in 2018 :smileyhea
    Debt @ 19/8/11 [STRIKE]£20,060 [/STRIKE] current £0
    Paid off 100% :dance:
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Well i've been listing on Ebay all morning in dribs and drabs. it takes me so long to put anything on :rotfl: i have managed to do 14 items of clothes, uni books (take up SOOOO much room!) & baby clothes.

I hope some of them sell, i would just like some space in the house now! I might do some more later on but am going to stop for now as pics are taking ages to upload ..perhaps site is busy?! I have tomorrow as well so maybe i will get some more done then.

I've also listed some bits on groups on fb for free (plus pick up so no postage) and i think i have sold a few items there so all the proceeds will go into my jar that i am saving all my change in :) not quite sure what i am using the change jar for yet? Maybe debt, maybe treats for the kids?! (after all we need treats every now and then..and besides there is only about £4 in there :rotfl:)

Anyway off to tidy as i am having guests round for some dinner :)
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Wohoo I've made £5 this morning, selling 2 of little one's dresses on fb :D I could have probably got more for them if i had sold on ebay but tbh i just want my house de-cluttered NOW (am very impatient lol)

I have to go shopping today and really not in the mood i'm feeling very hung over :( and i know what i am like when i'm not feeling 100% walking around the shops...i always go for the comfort food & sweets :o And this week's shop will be a lot higher i think as we've just run out of nappies for both lo's and also loads of stuff in the food cupboard all at once, i.e gravy, ketchup, jam, stock cubes etc etc :( always the way!

I think I am going to sit down and write a list of things that i need to finish/ wanted to do but say i never have enough time to do and dedicate at least one evening a week to doing them. This morning my daughter brought me her baby book she had found gathering dust on a shelf and i had only got as far as putting one baby pic in :o so things like that i would like to finish, before i forget all the things i need to write in them (also have one unfinished from youngest son too!)

And just before christmas i said i would make my daughter a patchwork quilt and i've got the squares etc but haven't got round to doing it....probabaly because i have no idea how to do it :rotfl:but perhaps i could spend one evening researching the best way to do it. Otherwise i know what i am like and i never finish anything!

Right well both kids are in bed :) -one actually asked for a nap :eek:- so i think i might go catch a few sneaky Zzzz's myself!
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Did the weekly shop today and spent £70.70 :eek: much more than last week & the week before!

Out of that though:
    £13 on baby wipes/nappies
    £20 on meat (Lamb/chicken/sausages) :eek:

I also picked up 4 plastic baby plates, and only noticed when i had got home that even though they were all marked up at 35p only 2 came up at that price! 1 was 24p? and the other was £1.53 :mad: we've used the plate now though (didn't notice until after dinner when looking at receipt)

I also forgot to buy lamb stock so wondering if i can get away with either vegetable or beef stock now so i don't have to drive out to the shops again :undecided

Got lots of flour, eggs & things to make bread, cakes, and treats for the kids...will have to see if i can find a cookie recipe somewhere!

No bids on my ebay stuff yet :( seems such a waste of time putting it on when nothing sells! So i hope at least one thing does by next week or i may cry lol :rotfl:

Anyway off to write some lists, make me feel like i have done something of use today!
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    have you tried also listing your stuff on preloved and gumtree?????
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Well it's Valentines Day :happylove
    And all the post man brought me was a t.v license, and bills! charming! :rotfl:

The kids aren't feeling very well today so we've not gone to playgroup. And besides i've been told to wait in and that i should be expecting something in the post from hubby :T

So anyway as i'm not going out i'm making a list of 100 things that need doing around the house, things that i keep putting off! Also things that i keep meaning to do, like a trip to the tip! And things for myself like reading a new book once a month (don't have time for much more than one so want to be realistic :)) and i'm going to print it off after and stick it on my fridge! I hope this might keep me motivated...but we'll see! I love lists but don't always stick to them

I might make some of my dishes of dinner for the week today also ..but i'm feeling a bit under the weather also as my daughter had me up all night coughing! so maybe just a duvet day with tea and biscuits is the right way forward....Oh and making my list...can't forget that lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family