determined to be debtfree!

Options

Comments

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Well the cheque bounced :( but i'm not going to dwell on it. It's done now so just forget abuot it. I couldn't get into town yesterday as i had to wait in for a repair man all day -he did turn up at 1.30 but had wrong part so asked me if i was staying in and he'd pop bk with it later to fix....did he heck :mad: no phone call nothing to say he wasn't coming bk - so i could have gone to bank in the end. BUT i did't so oh well :wall:

I'll now be charged for that...and also my bank has gone over the o/d limit by £100.... I suppose it's all the interest etc, as i know there were no payments due from there so that's at least 2 charges this month. (this is where all my SURPLUS money used to go....feeding fat cat bankers)

The 'curry' was just that :rotfl:I put so many extra things in to bulk it up (tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, red lentils, potatoes & plain flour) that it ended up tasting just like a spanish chicken :o which actually wasn't a bad thing as it seemed the kids loved it :p I managed to get 2 proper portions from it & one portion of just sauce....so i will add chicken to that when i go to use it! Oh well at least i got some edible meals ;)

The flour was VERY lumpy when it went in but as it was in a slow cooker i just left it and stirred occasionally and eventually it all dispersed and made it thicker & wasn't lumpy at all :T

Today we are having Stew (from one of the freezer portions) and i just noticed that there is LOTS of it :o didn't measure that one too well so i think it may be stew for today and tomorrow at least :rotfl:oh well! xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Oh and i forgot to add today was not a NSD! I had Massive craving for creme eggs yesterday :EasterBun and just had to have one today:rotfl:and they were on offer so i actually got 4 :o which were £1.78....plus i had my weekly 'mother's meeting' at breakfast so 2 breakfasts (2 kids portions, 1 for me & 1 for kids to share) were £3.00, plus a diet coke £1.18....so have spent over half my 'pocket money' for this week on just today! Oops ;) but i very rarely go out...thursday mornings are my treat and catch up with friends so well deserved i say :rotfl:

Tomorrow WILL be a NSD! Im determined to get as many in as possible this month, and saturday i am having a take away at a friends house to celebrate our birthdays - but will only be a pizza or a kebab ..not my indian that i am looking forward to at the end of the month (on my actual b-day) :j

Anyway enough rambling, I'll be surprised if anyone got to the end of this! If so well done ;) and Ciao for now!
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
  • Deeperblue
    Options
    Awww... rubbish news about that cheque :( I think my Santander account are going to charge me this month too for going over our agreed limit as I don't think I put the money in from the main accounts in time before all the monthly DDs came out :( That £25 is not even a drop in the ocean for them, it would barely pay for the coffees at one of their morning meetings, but it means a lot to me!

Can you believe that banker who got his £2,000,000 bonus recently... and he already earns £1,000,000 a year. :mad: We need to have an uprising like they are doing in the east. Kick these bankers out of their mansions and see how they manage on £45 odd a week like some poor pensioners get.

End of rant.

Enjoy your b/day meals! :beer:
    Parents - £4000/£0 paid
    OH parents - £9000/£0 paid

Mortgage - £125,000/£0 overpayments
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Hi DB, I know how you feel we get charged £35 each time something bounces :( really upsets me! So rant away, it's nothing i haven't said a million times lol. I have just listed a few bits on a faceb**k page that you can sell stuff on, if it doesn't sell i will put on ebay, i just prefer to try fb first as it's easier, no fees, and customers usually pick up because i advertise on my local one. would love some extra space in my house too!!! :)

Am receiving texts and emails from creditors as i am late on payments now :/ I will send some token payments later on tonight when kids are in bed (i can make these online so will go straight to them) the ones that i can't do this for are my bank accounts unless i transfer money over but this always takes 3 days! :( feeling really quite fed up with it all and feeling quite angry that hubby is missing out on all the stress as he's not here ...obviously i know he is at work and probably stressed himself but i'm just in one of those moods today (AND yesterday!) lol hopefully it'll pass as everyone must be fed up of hearing about my problems :p x
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    argh, just tried to pay all my catalogues/credit cards online & none will accept my debit card details!!! So i then tried to set up S.O to each payee and none of those will work either :( think I am about to give up after the 6th failed attempt! Might come bk to it tomorrow ad try again! At this rate none of the creditors will get a 'token payment' if i can't set them up a payment....i hope this doesn't affect their decision to go into a DMP with me?! **STRESSED**!!!
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Ok finally got some payments done (from my co-op account though! which is supposed to be savings....good start huh!) and have paid all credit cards & catalogues the minimum amount which is £150 :eek: and this is just minimum :mad:! I haven't been able to pay my loan (chq bounced and am having trouble setting up S.O to pay it?!) nor either of my overdrafts!?! And i can't pay one of hubby's CC as he has no online account?! although there is a number on the back of the card so might ring that and see if it's an automated system so i can send a payment across! Might have to pop into town though this week and see if i can put small payments in each bank account to bring them back under their overdraft limits (although if i were to bring them both under their limits i think it will cost me about £200 which i don't think i have) argh! right off to see if i can do the CC and then am having a nice rest with some wine :rotfl:i think i have deserved it today ;)
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Oh dear the CC took me through all the automated service right down to card details etc and i tried to make a payment less than the monthly min. amount and it went to put me through to customer services so i hung up! Card is in hubby's name and i didn't want to get him (Nor me) into trouble!? how else can i pay it? It's with the barclaycard this one...his min payment was £120 :eek: no wonder he had hardly any wages left on pay day after paying all the min. payment on his cards :mad: daft fool!!!!
  • Deeperblue
    Options
    It's all so stressful isn't it? :( I don't really know what to suggest about that card that puts you through to customer services. If you just speak to them and say your going to pay X amount now and some later in the week or something? I know this is likely a lie but maybe will stop them going on at you? Wont they get the DMP info through about you soon anyway, so the late/less than min payment wont be a surprise to them?

Hope it gets sorted soon babe, and just keep thinking how good it'll be when you don't owe these people a penny any more!

x
    Parents - £4000/£0 paid
    OH parents - £9000/£0 paid

Mortgage - £125,000/£0 overpayments
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    The card is in my husband's name that's why i hung up? I might give them a call though because surely no payment is worse than my token one! And i know it's his card, but he's away and I am paying the bill with my card so maybe there isn't a problem?! i had all sorts of visions that i was going to get done for fraud or something!?

Hubby was on chat last night....talking about having another baby :eek: i said NO WAY....:rotfl:lol i think he should maybe ask when the kids we have have learned to sleep through, when we have no debt and when we have a big enough house :rotfl:men eh! can't live with them, can't live without them ;)

i'm in a much calmer mood today....really think maybe i ought to go chat with my doctor about something for pmt :o i feel sorry for anyone on the receiving end of me yesterday :p

well kids are in bed napping and i'm considering popping to a$da this afternoon as i hear there is offers on all cleanig products, and as i am a little under atm on my grocery spend i thought i may well go and stock up whilst it's cheap. (and don't worry i will be working out some money from somewhere for my take out :rotfl:) I'm also desperatley in need of :EasterBun chocolate!!!! LOL x
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Well I was good, I baked a victoria sponge instead (one of things i am good at...baking cakes ;)) so NSD for me :D

I spent the afternoon making a meal planner as i know i won't have time this weekend and so would have gone shopping monday with no list and bought the entire shop up! Just like i used to :o

Meal planner for next week is:

Toad in the hole, am going to attempt to make yorkshire pudding myself ;)

Shepherd's Pie (one already in freezer so no need to buy or make)

chicken 'curry' & rice :rotfl:I have the sauce (the one that tasted like spanish chicken lol) in the freezer to add to some chicken already in the freezer too

freezer 'surprise' on one day!

Braised Lamb with Broad beans & mash (this is a new one to me and i am going to try and make enough for 2 portions) -to cook in the slow cooker- hope it turns out nice the pic looked yummy lol

meatballs & pasta

Chicken Satay with Peanut sauce (new one again to me so hope it turns out ok too!) with salad & rice or noodles

And one pudding of Lemon Drizzle cake to cook in the slow cooker (another new one to me -cooking cake in the slow cooker?!)

i will do another 'shop' with my supermarket either tonight or sunday evening before i go shopping to see where is the cheapest...I don't care where i shop now so long as it's cheapest ;) I've turned into a bit of a supermarket tart :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport