Sky Discount For Existing Customers

Comments

• frances2
    frances2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    I just tried this and nearly got cut off Sky as all she said was right what is the account holder's name. After some quick fudging I said I'd ring back in a few minutes.

I obviously don't sound convincing enough
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • ARB78
    ARB78 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi Frances2

Yes they take all your details but there's no way they'll cut you off without passing you on to the very cheerful Customer Retention Department (not that they tell you mind you) and you get your deal, just have fun and keep them sweating for a few minutes... before you say "oh go on then, I suppose I could reconsider..."! :D
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • Tempo_2
    Tempo_2 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Well I couldn't get the top package for half price :(. But I managed to get the £6.00 off for 3 months on the family package, which i subscribe to . Can't complain really, as it's money saved at the end of the day. Thanks for this ARB78 ;)
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    After tanny posted 2 hous after me had got sky deal,phoned friend back. This time stuck to her guns and said wnted to cancel. She got £6 month knocked off for next three months. :):)
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    I phoned to cancel my £19.50 package today and have ended up with Sky sports for 3 months at £16.75. Just in time to see Wolves beat Rochdale 4-2 ;D
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • I rang Sky on Friday to cancel my £41 package and after I was given the heavy treatment "but what will your children do without MTV and the cartoons" etc I was advised to reduce my subscription. When I continued to press for cancellation I was offered ANY package at half price. I stayed with the top but will reconsider in 3 months time.
    Short Arms Deep Pockets
  • Funkymum
    Funkymum Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I normally get the £19.50 family pack, so Ive just phoned them up to cancel my subscription. The lovely man offered me the family pack with all of the movie channels including the disney channels for the next 3 months at £17.50 per month.
    A big thankyou to ARB78.
    The lady I spoke to was called Clare & she put me through to a man called William who offered me the deal. He did I ask what things we like to watch & I said films.

Funkymum
  • No they wouldn't entertain me. They said they didn't do special packages. They said I could reduce my package i.e. delete movies or sport. They said if I cancelled we would lose the premiership plus. Is there any way round this?
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you tried insisting you want to cancel? They asked my friend about 3/4 times if sure. Only when she said yes it was due to her being currently off sick from work(true actually) did they offer £18 off (over next 3 months). It was also her 2nd time of trying 1st time said hadn`t got any deals on.
  • oska
    oska Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just phoned Sky, loads of waffle and repeating name and address etc, but I did get the reduction.Great post!!! :D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure