🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Options

Comments

• balebale
    Options
    Thanks, Sammyantha. And good for you! the bonus thing :D

J11hnb, my advice is to read the guidelines very carefully and consider what the best rating is in many different situations. Almost everything you need is in the pdf file. I did my exam exactly as Tigger36 did. Easy one first, hard one later. Take your time and good luck!
  • katastrophy
    Options
    I got the e-mail through today accepting me for the exam, 11 days after I applied. I presumed they'd forgotten about me. This work would be a Godsend for me, so I've everything crossed, now just need to study hard and hope I'm good at it! Well done to everyone who has passed the exam already, it's great to hear from people about their experiences.
  • marksyx
    marksyx Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Receieved all the terms etc. today, I applied over a week ago so also thought i'd been forgotten about. Hopefully will get to the next stage and get to sit the exam.

Just a couple of questions - i'm currently working full time 37 hours a week and my employer takes care of taxes & NI etc. If I am lucky enough to get this part-time, I know I need to register as self-employed - but do I need to let my current employer know? I'd prefer not to, but obviously I will if I have to. Will it effect the amount i'm taxed in my full-time job?

Cheers
  • chrisvaldez
    Options
    Got my exam on Wednesday - fingers crossed!

Really hoping to pass as I'm delivering pizzas for a second job right now and it's shattering me!
  • Austinhead
    Options
    Well done to those who passed, and good luck to those who are taking the exam.

Just out of interest, i'd love to know how much work you get through this. I did this around 18 months ago but the work was intermittent and ultimately I had to look for another job. When the work is there the pay is good !!.
    I also realised that because you're expected to do so many in an hour you have to be wary of stopping to make a brew or go to the toilet or anything else like that. Just something to think of for you newbies.

Really really hope it works out for you all.
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    Austinhead wrote: »
    Well done to those who passed, and good luck to those who are taking the exam.

Just out of interest, i'd love to know how much work you get through this. I did this around 18 months ago but the work was intermittent and ultimately I had to look for another job. When the work is there the pay is good !!.
    I also realised that because you're expected to do so many in an hour you have to be wary of stopping to make a brew or go to the toilet or anything else like that. Just something to think of for you newbies.

Really really hope it works out for you all.

Thanks Austin :)

You can work between 10 and 20 hours per week. Lionbridge do make it clear that this is only when they have the work available. And sometimes they also have more than the stated hours available.

You can take as many breaks as you like, you just need to complete 10 - 20 hours on actual work. With some of the nifty little programs now available to help record your stats, you can easily pause the timer, take a break, then start it again when you're ready. That way you only record the time you spend working ;)
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • sortingitout2011
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Without wanting to say too much on here, has anyone had problems registering their vendor account for the first time? I get an error in firefox whenever I click the link in the email. Ive sent them a couple of emails with no response, please can someone PM me if they have had this problem? Im worried as I want to start work ASAP!!

Thanks all.
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Without wanting to say too much on here, has anyone had problems registering their vendor account for the first time? I get an error in firefox whenever I click the link in the email. Ive sent them a couple of emails with no response, please can someone PM me if they have had this problem? Im worried as I want to start work ASAP!!

Thanks all.

I had problems too. Use a different browser and persevere. I couldn't actually tell you exactly what I did that made the difference, but eventually it worked :rotfl:
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • Fleabite
    Options
    Hello all

I have received the standard email from Lionbridge asking me to accept their T & Cs and to partake in an exam.

Could you please tell me how long it takes for the exam information to come through? I have got quite a busy weekend (it's my birthday :D) and would prefer to start it next week. However, if it takes a few days I will respond now. I realise that you have 5 days to complete the exam, but I would prefer to know that I am not going to be distracted by other things.

The other thing I would like some advice about is that I see the payment is in Euros. I was thinking about opening a separate bank account just for Lionbridge anway to make my tax return easier. However, if anyone has advice about which bank to choose I would be grateful.

Finally, well done everyone who has passed their exam - it gives me hope! I am also very impressed that you are willing to share your knowledge - it's what makes these forums so good! :A

FB
  • AzimScot
    AzimScot Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    are they still recruiting in the UK?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts