Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Options

Comments

• msl1984
    Options
    cool, so they wont mind if the majority of work is on weekends? do the weeks run monday - sunday or sunday - saturday?
  • j11hnb
    j11hnb Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I got an e-mail telling me that they were putting me in for the test. I had to sign the non disclosure form etc and agree to all the terms and conditions and send them it. I done this around about 3 days ago, and still havent heard anything off them. How long does it usually take?
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    I got mine about 5 days later :D
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • balebale
    balebale Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Mine was 1 day. (maybe because korean applicants are few)
    and I'm really exhausted. Part 2 tooks almost 7 hours. It will take more time for re-examing. Need to sleep.. 1:00 AM here.
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    Did you do the whole thing in one go Balebale??:eek: I took the full 5 days for mine.
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • j11hnb
    j11hnb Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Sammyantha wrote: »
    I got mine about 5 days later :D

cheers, thought they might have just forgot about me
  • balebale
    Options
    Yeah. I had to. Although this whole week is holiday here, I'm a hardworking freelencer :D
    J11hnb, don't worry. A few days ago they said to me that they will give a mail within 2 days if I pass a pre-test. But they didn't. I was very disappointed and just forgot about it. I thought I just failed it. Then after another 2 days I got the mail. So cheer up.
  • Fleabite
    Fleabite Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone

As you can see from above I have just started on the Assessor job route.

Although I realise that their speed of reply is going to depend on the number of applications they are processing, could some of you please give me an idea of how long it takes before they let you know whether you have been rejected for accepted for the next stage.

Thank you.
    FB

PS Well done to everyone who passed!:T
  • balebale
    Options
    Wow. I passed it too! Thanks, Sammyantha, Fro-ald, and everyone! :D I couldn't find any other applicants at first. But with you guys I was able to get some valuable advices and feel comfortable. Thanks again!

Fleabite. I think it depends on nations, the number of applicants, or circumstances of recruiting teams. During web searching, I read someone got a reply after days and someone took even weeks. I can't tell an average time but in my case it usually took 1-2 days.
  • fluffy123
    Options
    Agreed to the T&C yesterday morning and set-up a gmail account and had an email back last night saying the link to the exam will be in my inbox in 48 hours and I have 5 days from that point to complete it, nervous times!

I'm a bit worried about the tax situation though, I currently work full-time anyway. Will working here affect the tax level at my current job? My assumption (and plan) was to collect my monthly (?) earnings from here and save 25% of each payment to be paid towards tax....is it that simplistic enough?

Assuming I pass and everything obviously, just got to to consider it....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback