Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Options

Comments

• Sammyantha
    Options
    Well done Balebale!!!!!! Congrats on getting in :j:beer:

Just had a look at my "Lionbridge" Email folder and at the dates of everything - it took 20 days exactly from the day I replied stating my interest, to the day I got the welcome email. I had the first online screener the day after my first email, got the exam info a week after, and thereafter everything else seemed to happen weekly:D
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • Fruitloops
    Options
    Another one here who has just passed yesterday :j hello and congrats to everyone! :D

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
  • downhillfast
    Options
    I've just had the email saying I may be suitable and to complete the Consulting Agreement. From what I've just read here it seems that the email link to the exam will be along pretty quickly... the thing is as from tomorrow I'm gonna be away from home for 5 days! Is the time frame to complete the exam from the moment they send it or is it from the moment you click a link or something in it? Really don't want to mess this up as it will be perfect for me!
  • AzimScot
    AzimScot Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Good to see some of you get jobs in this day and age there is litterally nothing out there except cleaners job on NMW.

I got rejected from Lionbridge anyone know if you can reapply is it 3 or 6 months you can reapply every company is different?

They couldn't give me any feedback despite me being an IT support worker. Also, anyone know how many jobs they have available for the public in the UK?
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    AzimScot wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Good to see some of you get jobs in this day and age there is litterally nothing out there except cleaners job on NMW.

I got rejected from Lionbridge anyone know if you can reapply is it 3 or 6 months you can reapply every company is different?

They couldn't give me any feedback despite me being an IT support worker. Also, anyone know how many jobs they have available for the public in the UK?

Hi Azim,

There are plenty of jobs out there, not just online. And most cleaning jobs are above NMW so not exactly a "dirty job" ;) lol.

You can't re-apply for Lionbridge as far as I'm aware. Sorry you didn't make it.

But WELL DONE Fruitloops, and goodluck downhil!!:D:beer:
  • Fro-ald
    Fro-ald Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Well done everyone that passed this week :j
    Congratulations.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:
  • sparkle03
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Should have introduced myself a little sooner I guess, I was lurking whislt I took the exam and I got accepted into the program last week.

Just wondering how you are all finding it?
    I know they make exceptions for newbies but Im finding the timescales a little tough, especially after watching the tutorials and seeing how much research is expected for some of the querys.
    Some of mine are taking upto double the time they expect!

If anyone wants to add me on msn or anything so we cant chat about it then holla at me! :D

''I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    Marilyn Monroe
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    You're not alone Sparkle ;) I have trouble with some which take me over 15 mins, yet the supposed average time is 1.88 mins!!!!!!!! Others I am far faster than the stated time. Go figure lol. They do allow for the fact that we are new for the first 3 weeks and will treat us accordingly. Well done on making it. Think we started at the same time :)
  • sparkle03
    Options
    Thanks hun, Iv been shaving minutes off my time :o Ah well soon it'll be second nature!

''I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    Marilyn Monroe
  • marksyx
    Options
    Do Lionbridge get back to you even if youre unsuccesful at the first stage? Submitted an application last week and was wondering if I would hear anything either way.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback