Trixie's on a mission!!!!!

Comments

• trixiepix
    trixiepix Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Hope you had a fun filled frugal weekend xx.
    Well, weekend was busy as expected, Saturday DD2 had been invited to a birthday party, had originally decided to put money in a card as a pressie but decided at the last minute to go buy something as felt it was more appropriate for a 7 year old, so mad dash to the shops 30 mins b4 party start, managed to get something perfect for my £10 budget but then ended up buying a gift bag which was £3 (boooo!!!!) my fault for not having the foresight to have organised it before - MENTAL NOTE - organise presents before the party start time:rotfl:
    Anyway, had intended to utilise time between party drop off and pick up by changed DD1's bargain hush puppy shoes (which i had been told fitted perfectly until she wore them for an hour at home and then told me they were uncomfy) but decided against it as it was soooooo trafficky i would have ended up costing so much in petrol to get to the store, so had a rethink and had coffee with some of the other 'party' mums.
    After party pick up, DD2 went to nannys for the rest of the afternoon whilst i did the food shopping (EEK) - i did a menu plan for the week and made a shopping list but whilst shopping realised there were a few weekly necessities i had forgotton to jot down plus i had to buy 2 batteries for my 'ebay' postage calculating weighting scales (they are super accurate and means i can print postage from home rather than have to find time to wait at the post office) which were £4, a new beaker for DD2 school lunchbox (her's had broken and due to a joint condition she has she can't open screw top bottles, so has to be flip top otherwise she goes thirsty as she won't ask someone to open it for her either - kids!!) which was £3, 4 bottles of Coke £6 (such a luxury when you're on a budget i know but it's my one vice, and even that's caffeine free cuz of panic attacks but that's another story!!) so ended up with a £90 shop, in my mind due to planning i had expected it to be around £50 at most - how wrong can you be!!, at least i now have milk and bread in the freezer which should mean there's no need for the midweek dive to the shops resulting in another £15 - £20 spend, so i guess it's a save over the week.
    Yesterday was baking day as have a couple of cakes to have ready this week, one had to come to work with me this morning, one is being collected tomorrow and another friday, still have tomorrow's to decorate tonight after work and friday's will be baked thursday but it does mean a few extra pounds into the mix this week - yay!!
    I've brought soup with me today for lunch so i won't be tempted to pop out and buy a £3+ sandwich, but it is my turn to buy 'coffee' today.
    Also started working on my freezer sausage mountain yesterday and we all had sausages, mash, peas, (bendy)carrots, yorkshire puds and onion gravy

Enough rambling,oh and i did manage to get a few things on ebay, but nowhere near as many as i'd hoped plus i've yet to be paid for the one thing that sold last week (arrrghh!!)
    Have a good dayxx

CATALOGUE - £500
    WEIGHT LOSS - 10 of 65lbs
    SAVINGS £500 of £2500 by 2018
  • gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Hi I did have a busy weekend Ebaying is more fun when you know its for free :rotfl:put a lot of my higher priced items on Ebay and have a few watchers ;)

Have a good week :o
  • trixiepix
    Hey GRC,

So glad your ebaying went well (wish i could say the same :D) - hope you make lots of money this week xx

I'm going to make it a quickie today as i've been rambling for England over the last few days so..................

....... NSD yesterday as resisted going to shops at lunchtime and went straight from work to my lovely mums who had dusted off her slowcooker and created dinner for us (gonna use it this evening as OH had already cooked last night), last night had chicken, freezer veggies + mash, ate early so ended up having cheese on toast before bed (have a massive lump of cheese to use - was on offer a few weeks ago - i guess i could freeze some of it?)

Have to shop today but only for a couple of things which shouldn't cost more than a few pounds - must remain focused at the shops!!!

Anyway - hope you all have a fab day xx

CATALOGUE - £500
  • gothrockchic1
    Hi how are you getting on? Hope you day at the shops was productive! Had a NSD today :jfelt quite good mind you! Have a lovely day x
  • trixiepix
    Morning all,

Day at home today as waiting for heating engineer to service boiler and 'flush' through the system, allegedly an all day job but it's nearly 11 and no signs of anyone yet!!

Lots of jobs to do around the house but kinda feel like i don't want to be starting anything due to engineer arriving at any moment and he needs access to all radiators, so not really the day for unloading the contents of DD1's wardrobe onto the bedroom floor and sorting, or pulling out stuff in the scary cupboard under the stairs, feels such a waste of my time!!! - i guess i'll just crack on with the ironing (after i've made another coffee - lol!!).

One of my work friends has just phoned me to tell me our company has been taken over by another company, would have been far nicer hearing it was a merger but our jobs are all safe (allegedly) - i couldn't bear thinking i would have to look for another job after 21 years!!!

Bobbed to the shops yesterday as needed to get some school clothes for DD's, Tesco had an offer on yesterday that if you spent over £25 you had 20% off plus if the cost of shopping was still over £25 once the reduction had been taken off they could also use a £5 voucher they had - result!! - i bought leather school shoes, 3 pairs of trousers, 2 packs socks, 3 swimming costumes plus a few other little bits for £35 - i was reallllllllllly pleased - just happened to be in the right shop on the right day i guess.

Thinking of doing food shopping tonight (eek) - it's making me really stressed, as last week had hoped to see drastic reduction on cost but was the same as usual - have to try really hard this week - we had eaten better meals this week thanks to a little planning though.

Truly have to get back on track with SW too, completely off plan the last couple of weeks - which isn't good:eek:

Have a good dayxx

CATALOGUE - £500
  • gothrockchic1
    Good News on the job front, wow 21 years is impressive!I know the thought of Food shopping makes me nervous...I do a lot of online as ppl bump into me!

Sounds like a good day in the shops, I have that all to come tomorrow got to get stuff I havent brought in a year like moisturiser and eye cream ;) had loads of stuff stashed lol :rotfl:. Also Im going to Download Festival in 2 weeks so need to get wipes etc and take advantage of Boots 10points per £1 offer! Quite excited about that!

Got less than a week on Ebay and have loads of watchers last sale before I go away should keep me in good stead for spending the amount I will at Download

Have a good day tomorrow!
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    Hello Everyone

Decided to give the the fridge away on freecycle and it has gone to a guy who runs a not for profit theatre company and is taking it to Glastonbury. Got seventy three pounds for the fridge freezer and ........99p for the cabinet which I put on for restoration! Then I have to split it with my friend who acquires the stuff so it felt like a lot of hard work for thirty odd quid!

Been spendy in the Charity shops today - two fat face skirts, a skirt from Dottie Ps and a beautiful Nichol Fahri Jumper, a few books and couple of pieces of china.
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • trixiepix
    Hello lovelies

Back to work today, but just for 1 day (yay!!) but then the real work begins as the kids are on half term hols:eek:

The weekend began with me trying to juggle this months finances (more or less 5 wks this month between paydays!!) no overtime this month for the first time in literally years which was a shocker, so i have had to budget food shopping at £62.50 per week (usual spend substantially more), so in some respects having been forced into serious budgeting this month has made me get my MSE mojo back again - yippee!!

So food shopping this week was £62.55, OH was shocked at my overspend LOL LOL LOL!!! - i checked Morries website before getting to the store and marked the offer i wanted to get (normally would have overlooked them) and armed with my strict list worked out from meal planning i felt well equipped to stick to budget, on the flip side though i didn't have to get coffee, washing powder (just love ariel), fabric softener or toilet rolls, so next week may be a tad more challenging!!.
    Next few weeks are going to be online shop's at Mr T's as have been sent online coupons with £7 off a £70 spend for a few weeks, so as i shop for my mum too i can easily manage at least £100 for the 2 lots of shopping.

Half term adventures are going to be on a budget, so i reckon on lots of time at the park/picnics and friends/nanny's house's!

Ruby, you did really well with your charity shop finds, i love shopping in pre-loved stores, i afford things there that i could never justify full price in regular stores - i'm getting a bit of a nightmare with collection crockery, whenever i see a beautiful piece of floral crock i just can't resist, especially in light of my cake making should i happen to see a cake stand/plate it turns into a 'must have' - minor detail is my kitchen is bursting at the seams and although the kitchen is bigger in the new house the cupboards are smaller - eek:eek: - 4/5 wks to clear out even more stuff b4 the move.

Ebaying this week hasn't been particularly productive, i sold one item for £10 and then the bidder didn't pay:mad: (doesn't happen often but really ticks me off when it does) but at least had a fee credit. Sold 3 other items for 99p each (shall i book that holiday in the maldives this wk on my ebay proceeds, ok maybe not:rotfl:) and had to relist the rest of the stuff, i'm still sat on the fence about the effort put in for a 99p sale:cool:

Hey Rock Chic - hope yr ebaying has been more productive than mine!!!!

Have a fun filled frugel day xx

CATALOGUE - £500
  • gothrockchic1
    trixiepix wrote: »

Hey Rock Chic - hope yr ebaying has been more productive than mine!!!!

Not going too bad listed a few bits on last night, the bigger items are going well and the ones that dont have bids have watchers so fingers xd :D

Have you tried free museums for the kids? Bigger cities there are lots to do up my way Glasgow/Edinburgh have loads of free stuff to do!
  • trixiepix
    How come the more i declutter the more untidy the house is - AAAArrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!:mad:

Sorting a few kitchen cupboards and now the kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it!!!!, far easier to leave it blinking cluttered!!!!!
    I know, I know it will be better in the long run!!!

God know's when i'm gonna get to bed!!!!

xx

CATALOGUE - £500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business