We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• buffy1981
    buffy1981 Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to get a young sales assistant today who put through my double points voucher. than added my 200 points for £30 spent AND my 250 points for a No 7 item at the end as it wouldnt go through with the £5 off no 7 voucher..... woohoo

bless her i was very happy as that was an Extra 450 points plus my 200 double points :)

Lets hope Mr Boots lets you keep it :)
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    once its on the card it's for spending... manual adding is fine. problems only start when you start ordering online with loads of glitches and codes.....

My points will be ok. i've been doing this for years.... and no issue so far. The idea is not to be greedy with the glitches that means your card goes right up in number of points. I dont shop online just in store. so i'm sure they will be ....

I actually didnt do anything anyway i bought 10 number 7 items today so i think the points were well justified lol :)
  • sunnysea83
    sunnysea83 Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    buffy1981 wrote: »
    Just a warning to everyone, check the points on your receipts. I've read about people having points taken off, but today the OH went into boots. He bought some aftershave for £27, then he took a voucher in if you spent £25 you got 250 points.
    When I checked my receipt the normal points given for the £27 was 8. Now I know i'm not the best at maths but at 4 points per pound 27x4 is not 8. I got the bonus points but got stung on the normal purchase.
    I will be taking the receipt in this week:mad:.
    I wonder how many other people are been ripped off points wise??

I think you get 250 points for the £25 and then double points for anything on top so if you spent £27 you got

250 points for £25
    8 points for the xtra £2

I had the same before christmas, queried it and thats what they told me. You dont get the normal points on the 250 tokens just points for any above the minimum spend
  • Suzywong
    Suzywong Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm new to all this, I have loved the boots sale in the past & like everyone I was looking forward to this years (still am if the truths told!!) I stayed up practically all night last year & have a feeling I may be doing the same Wednesday, took the plunge & joined rather than just loitering in the background!! Everyone seems really helpful & friendly so I'm looking forward to being part of the community. I'm in Bristol & went to Broadmead store today & there is not a huge amount of stuff left (after reading on here about claire's I got the 10 items for £10 offer, so thankyou all for that) not much left in W.H. Smith either, just wondered if anyone knows what the stock is like at Cribbs Causeway? Would appreciate it if anyone can help with stock levels so thanks in advance.
    Hopefully when the sale does start we will all get some lovely bargains
    Sue
  • nicolax
    nicolax Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    by the way, does anyone know how to get the vouchers through the post? i have never had them! yet my mum and nan get them all the time (although they dont shop at boots as often as i do!). thanks
  • clairewop
    clairewop Posts: 8,007 Forumite
    Options
    I had vouchers through the post in the week, I don't shop at boots much either
    Boiler pot £30.92/£1000
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    nicolax wrote: »
    by the way, does anyone know how to get the vouchers through the post? i have never had them! yet my mum and nan get them all the time (although they dont shop at boots as often as i do!). thanks

I never get any mail from them, my daughter does, I contacted them and they said I had click not to receive mail (didn't) but they had changed it, still never received mail though.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • buffy1981
    Options
    nicolax wrote: »

Not sure but if you go to the points kiosks instore, normally theres an update your details option. You may need to change your mailing preferences??? It's worth a try. :)
  • topsey65
    Options
    I have never got any vouchers either, but again my mum and sister both do every few months. I have rung Boots various times to by told, luck of the drawn. I have had a card for years, at the beginning i got mail, but e last 3 years none. I buy a lot from Boots, more than my mum ans sister, so know idea why some people do and some people dont!
  • ems2
    ems2 Posts: 665 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This, Fireman Sam Station, scanned for £3.45 yesterday in my local.

http://www.boots.com/en/Fireman-Sam-Mini-Playset-Elvis-in-the-Fire-Station_1125771/

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport