We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• ODonnell_2
    Options
    has anyone been to the manchester store today and if so what was the stock like? thanks in advance.
  • buffy1981
    buffy1981 Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    Just a warning to everyone, check the points on your receipts. I've read about people having points taken off, but today the OH went into boots. He bought some aftershave for £27, then he took a voucher in if you spent £25 you got 250 points.
    When I checked my receipt the normal points given for the £27 was 8. Now I know i'm not the best at maths but at 4 points per pound 27x4 is not 8. I got the bonus points but got stung on the normal purchase.
    I will be taking the receipt in this week:mad:.
    I wonder how many other people are been ripped off points wise??
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    I am now fishing my reciepts out bin to check ........
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I thought I had points taken off. I recieved a mailing from Boots and had def, lost some. I went instore today put my card in the coupon machine and all is well. I also bought a few things and all the points were on the receipt.

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • Kandboys
    Kandboys Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went into the Cheltenham High Street store today and there were masses of shelves with loads and loads of stuff on them all. It looked like it had all just been put out for Christmas! There wasn't an empty shelf in sight! If it goes to 75% off there is going to be lots to choose from.
    Thank you to everyone for sharing competitions!
  • ollysmum
    ollysmum Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    buffy1981 wrote: »
    Just a warning to everyone, check the points on your receipts. I've read about people having points taken off, but today the OH went into boots. He bought some aftershave for £27, then he took a voucher in if you spent £25 you got 250 points.
    When I checked my receipt the normal points given for the £27 was 8. Now I know i'm not the best at maths but at 4 points per pound 27x4 is not 8. I got the bonus points but got stung on the normal purchase.
    I will be taking the receipt in this week:mad:.
    I wonder how many other people are been ripped off points wise??

That sounds to me as though they give 250 points for the £25 spend and then normal points for anything extra over the £25 amount - you spent £27 so £2 over the £25 which gave you the 8 points.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    ollysmum wrote: »
    That sounds to me as though they give 250 points for the £25 spend and then normal points for anything extra over the £25 amount - you spent £27 so £2 over the £25 which gave you the 8 points.

I was just going to say the same. It's sneaky though isn't it, cos they make it sound as though you are getting 250 Extra points on top of your normal ones, when in fact that isn't the case at all! I'm sure it used to be though... ?
  • Flossie123
    Options
    :( I seem to remember that it changed a while ago and you don't get normal points as well as offer points so I think that the amount of points is right.
  • buffy1981
    buffy1981 Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to nip in and ask, this is the 1st time its happened always had original points then extra on top. But Thank You for trying to help:)
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    I managed to get a young sales assistant today who put through my double points voucher. than added my 200 points for £30 spent AND my 250 points for a No 7 item at the end as it wouldnt go through with the £5 off no 7 voucher..... woohoo

bless her i was very happy as that was an Extra 450 points plus my 200 double points :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure