We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• Savvybunny2009
    Options
    They do put credit on Boots gift cards though, without receipts. I've had a couple of gifts which are exclusive to Boots over the past couple of years, and each time I've returned them I've got a gift card with no problem.

Thanks for that I was told at my branch that they are not allowed to put it on a giftcard and they had two SA's a supervisor and manager come over to confirm that too. Think I will have a work with HO to see exactly what the policy is.
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that I was told at my branch that they are not allowed to put it on a giftcard and they had two SA's a supervisor and manager come over to confirm that too. Think I will have a work with HO to see exactly what the policy is.

if it helps, each time I've had the credit on a giftcard I've been directed by other SAs to the photography desk (in 2 different stores), they are the ones who have processed the refund for me.
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options

My understanding is they aren't supposed to put it on a giftcard if you exchange without a receipt. Some employees will because they don't know the rules or don't care, but they aren't supposed to.
  • brazer_2
    brazer_2 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    I went to one of my local boots yesterday and they'd put loads more stock out since Wednesday. They tied all the sale stuff up and there was 5 aisles packed full of stuff including no7 and soap and glory (that definately wasn't there on weds). 2 sa's were bringing more stuff out - why do that if the stuff they've got isn't shifting ? Went to my other boots today and they had even more. Only 1 other person looking at it (not buying). I asked the sa on the till if she thought it would go to 75% and she said it's going to and she thought it would be this wed or the following wed. She said it had been cancelled on the 12th and they were told coz it was still selling well at 50%, but she said they were hardly selling anything. She said it'll have to happen soon as they need to bring all the new baby stuff and pushchairs out that's out the back but they can't do it until all the sale stuff has gone. So, as annoyed as I am with Boots for making people wait this long I think it's clearly just a matter of time.
  • mummy4monsters
    Options
    I've now spent all the money I had put aside for the Boots sale in other sales. I got some lovely things in Claries, I spent £20, got 20 items, the original retail price was almost £200 so I'm very pleased, also got reduced toys from Sainsbury & Argos. Boots, I am soooooo over you lol!
    Midwife in the making....
  • mummy4monsters
    Options
    madsaver wrote: »
    Because only a man could be this stubborn and awkward! :D:rotfl:

LOVE IT! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Midwife in the making....
  • debsjc
    debsjc Posts: 3,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think there would be any profit selling 75% off Boots items on Ebay. By the time the postage and fees are taken into account, people may as well going and buy them in Boots now for 50% off.

Personally I think Boots have lost a lot of business leaving their sale so late, and I hope they learn from this.
  • cookiemonster25
    Options
    ODonnell wrote: »
    Boots have defo not played the game this year. I can almost forgive them for last year because of the snow, but this is madness. Iv'e already spent most of my money in the bodyshop and wilkinsons so I haven't got much left for boots. I expect to come out with at least a small carrier bag full of items that I like, if not I will NEVER forgive them.

My relationship with mr boots is ruined, I never should have left my old boyfreinds Mr Marks and Mr Spencer, my true loves.
    we had a large amount of snow in many parts of the country this year also!
  • patricia50
    Options
    It really annoys me to see people on here saying "Oh only Fearne, Gok, and strickly stuff left and no one wants that". I dont know about the rest but I bought Gok stuff last year for my daughters and they loved it and I got myself some this year and I think its lovvvvvvly. However I'm sick of the whole Boots 75% off thing now. If they were worried about it being chaotic and all the MSE'ers descending on the stores and it being too hectic they should have got on with it and it would have been all over with now. They have just made things worse with all the secrecy nonsense and built it all up and now it will be twice as bad. Wise up Mr B!!!!!!!!!!
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    Options
    Dear Mr Boots
    i am so glad you delayed your 75% sale this year
    i ahve been spared the stupidity of buying total trash at still far too overinfalted prices even at 75% off just for the sake of it

i have just been to claires and bought wait for it 110 pounds worth of stuff in the 10 for 10pounds sale ,the SA was so sweet she even threw in loads of boots and bags and slipper booots that weren't even in the offer at offer price, i must have saved hundreds , i am so happy xxx

you know where you can stick your fearne hat boxes, at 90% i might CONSIDER them as they will probably still be there on the shelves come next january
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure