We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Oh I can't believe how quiet it has gone on these Boots threads. Mr B has really knocked the stuffing out of all of us by delaying/cancelling the sale. I went to Bath today and there are about 6 rows stacked with stuff. No S&G OR Sanctuary but loads of Gok and Fearne ( although cant understand why people would buy it anyway) I met Fearne on a catering job once and I for one would not put any money in her pocket as she is so rude.
    However as I am going to be way I gave my gift card with £20.00 on it to my fave SA in my local and gave her my small list. She said she would happily get it all for me if the sale happens. Also when in Bath I was served by two really helpful young SA's who went out of their way to help me. Well done much better then Shepton Mallet ( there I said it ) where they are so rude and follow me round that I now have decided I won't ever shop there again. Perhaps Mary Portas would like to pay them a visit.
    Happy shopping all
  • Wendy5704
    Options
    Think people are getting fed up with the waiting. I must admit I have had a couple of late nights waiting up incase the sale hit but have stopped bothering now. All other shops have pretty much cleared their Christmas stocks out apart from Boots. If there not careful the Easter Eggs will be out before they go to 75%
  • elm.
    elm. Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    There are LOADS of these -

fcuk1.png

left in my local Boots but can't see them online or mentioned anywhere.

I had a basket cull and got rid of loads, just added the S&G set though so it's gone back up a bit!
    :eek::eek::eek:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    No7 Awakening eye gel is OOS! :eek:

I wonder who has been buying it??? All of us who have been staying up for the online sale and getting up early for the instore one is my guess!!! :p
  • NekoMalik
    Options
    My list of things I want seems to be getting shorter and shorter...

As many others have said, not sure I can be bothered any more. If it happens it happens. Might pick up the mugs I want. Might not. We'll see.

I'm not meant to be spending at the moment anyway; 100ml Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers gift set (£26 - RRP £50), new Jane Norman coat (£35 - RRP £80), the S&G value set and the Next sale have wiped me out!! Must not buy the boots I want from Clarks that've been reduced from £120 to £36... >.>;;;
  • jetty73
    jetty73 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    merry hill have 2 aisles full, but mainly hat boxes and campbell cups. went into claires instead and between me and 4 teenage girls we spent £40. on my £15 i saved about £120. so got the pressies sorted and ot so bothered about the boots sale now, although i may pick up a couple of things for the kids if i see them at 75%. Maltalan sale isnt bad either.
  • nickinoo
    nickinoo Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    elm. wrote: »
    There are LOADS of these -

fcuk1.png

left in my local Boots but can't see them online or mentioned anywhere.

I had a basket cull and got rid of loads, just added the S&G set though so it's gone back up a bit!

How much are they going for? I got one when they were on offer for about £20, lovely products inside & I really like the bag.
  • elm.
    elm. Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    nickinoo wrote: »
    How much are they going for? I got one when they were on offer for about £20, lovely products inside & I really like the bag.

Think they were around 20/25 but didn't really take all that much notice - they were in the 50% off sale section. It was the Festival Park one (near Stoke on Trent).

I find it strange that they have empty shelves for so long - thought that shelf space was highly valued. It makes me think of shops closing down.
    :eek::eek::eek:
  • badlass
    badlass Posts: 749 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Another peep whose gone off the notion now...and I just accidentally fell into the Kurt Geiger sale!! So Mr Boots my cash has now been spent on boots of a different kind!!!:p

Lx
    *~Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly,
    laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile!!~*
  • cherry6
    cherry6 Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest this whole Boots thing has become completely ridiculous. I used to work for Boots (years back) and I have always been a huge Boots fan (standing joke in our house). However, lately I am becoming more and more disillusioned with them. I dont get why they have this need for the whole 'secret squirrel' routine of not telling when or if they are having a sale, getting their SA's to lie about it, acting shifty about the whole sale...it's pretty sad and pathetic really. I mean, do you want our money Boots or not? What you are selling there now is overpriced and certainly nothing special. And I think if you arent careful you will lose custom. I had a list of all the stuff i wanted to buy in the 75% off sale. This was on top of what I had already purchased at full price and at 50% off. However as the stuff starts to go OOS on my list, I am becoming more disinterested in what is left. And am now considering not bothering at all. After all, do I really need more cosmetics/bath stuff/etc? I have spent money with Body Shop etc whilst I was waiting for further reductions and now think if I do buy it will ONLY be because its cheap, NOT because I actually need it.

Get over yourself Boots. You're not half as special as you think you are.
    Please God, help me stop spending!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport