We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• lawrie28
    lawrie28 Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    If you think about it, 3 £10 gifts in the 3for 2 cost £20. Now at 50% off they cost £15, so they have only really reduced the item by 25% at the moment. Nice, but nothing special.
    The 75% off will give those items for £7.50, so this is really a 65% (ish, to early for maths) which is better but nothing amazing really.....................
  • anteater99
    anteater99 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If and when it does happen the stock will be snapped up by ebayers! People who buy for themselves and for presents have desserted Boots and gone to Body Shop etc. In my case it was Body Shop goodies and slippers from Sports Direct.
  • kakdulac
    Options
    anteater99 wrote: »
    If and when it does happen the stock will be snapped up by ebayers! People who buy for themselves and for presents have desserted Boots and gone to Body Shop etc. In my case it was Body Shop goodies and slippers from Sports Direct.

My friend does a lot of e-baying and most of the Boots stuff wouldn't sell anyway unless it was S&G OR Sanctuary.
  • ODonnell_2
    Options
    Boots have defo not played the game this year. I can almost forgive them for last year because of the snow, but this is madness. Iv'e already spent most of my money in the bodyshop and wilkinsons so I haven't got much left for boots. I expect to come out with at least a small carrier bag full of items that I like, if not I will NEVER forgive them.

My relationship with mr boots is ruined, I never should have left my old boyfreinds Mr Marks and Mr Spencer, my true loves.
  • madsaver
    madsaver Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    anteater99 wrote: »

I just wanted to let you know that not everyone who buys in bulk in the 75% sale are ebayers. I'm on the PTA for my son's junior school and we buy lots to sell cheaply to the children for the mothers day and fathers day stalls. We only add 50p or so to the price and that way the mums get a nice gift (better than the cheap wholesalers tat) and the school makes some profit :T
    There's a skinny woman inside me screaming to be let out. A cookie soon shuts her up!!! :rotfl:
  • pinkpeaches
    Options
    Im going with my mum, Were taking £100 each and what ever we have on a boots cards. I think I've got £40, I just want to buy it all for myself lol :):):)
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    not everyone who buys in bulk in the sale buys it to ebay it......

although as skint as i am I would if I thought it would get me any money although with the junk that is left I very much doubt it!!!
  • buffy1981
    Options
    No sale for me this year, I will be going to the Bodyshop and buying some lovely gifts for people today. I've given up waiting, would rather take my custom else where. I'll go to boots and spend what points I have, then shop elsewhere for the rest of the year:j

If they cant reward loyalty, then I will not be a loyal customer!
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,643 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Why are posters calling it Mr Boots? Why not Mrs lol.
  • madsaver
    madsaver Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    Why are posters calling it Mr Boots? Why not Mrs lol.

Because only a man could be this stubborn and awkward! :D:rotfl:
    There's a skinny woman inside me screaming to be let out. A cookie soon shuts her up!!! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure