We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• Raine_E_Day
    Options
    Took a short-cut through Boots this am (quickest route to High St - no longer interested, spent up in Bodyshop instead). Loads more stuff being unloaded from sealed boxes. More (rubbish) gift sets, hat boxes, crackers, cards - in fact so much being crammed onto shelves anyone would think it's nearly Christmas! Nobody but me anywhere near the displays. I got the feel they were gearing up for something. Asked one of the three SAs who were busy with this, but got the usual "we know nothing" response.
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    I was in east kilbride today & buchanan gallaries... and there was noi hint of mark downs all still at 50% off... however I did get a few bargains on the small clearence shelf they had ( sorry bought the lot as there wasnt very much maybe 5 or 6 things) and they still stubornly have there stuff at 50% even though braehead has cleared there lot of sale things so why are others still at full price????
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Went into my local Boots today, very quiet. A shelf of sale stuff but nothing I would buy. Did get some snow bites and cadbury wishes for 20p a packet though. Deodrant on 2 for £3 and lots of shower gel for £1 although the major s'markets also have this on offer.

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    I went into town today and totally forgot to look in Claires I'm kicking myself now, I didn't even bother looking in Boots.
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    my bargains were L'oreal gradual tan for 25p x 4 bottles, garniers fructis shampoo x 50p & conditioner for 50p, lip balm for 50p and a benefit concelear for 50p & 2 x ted baker body scrub for £1 each ...

woohoo good day for me :)
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    my bargains were L'oreal gradual tan for 25p x 4 bottles, garniers fructis shampoo x 50p & conditioner for 50p, lip balm for 50p and a benefit concelear for 50p & 2 x ted baker body scrub for £1 each ...

woohoo good day for me :)

What EK one were you in?

:beer:
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • moneypennyless
    Options
    Well, I went into town today, nipped into Claire's and got lovely boxed neclaces and bracelets, bag, hair stuff, full price worth £76, paid the 10 for £10. Lovely stuff, Im tempted to go back this week.

Nipped into Wilko's, got my wrapping paper at 60p a roll, and my daughter a little make-up and bracelet set for 40 odd pence

Went to Body Shop and got £64 worth stuff for £24, including full size body butters and shower gels, with nail varnish and sample body butter thrown in free

Did go into our boots, and yes, shud the 75% sale go ahead, I would like the Gok set, only available in our smaller shop, town had sold out, but other than that, nothing I want. I did buy FCUK stuff, £4 to get the lovely polished gift set worth £8 for free, and bought another set of it using my points. Used the £5 off no 7 on some face wipes I did need.

All in all, a fab shop, pressie box nearly full now of beautiful bargains, and only the FCUK sets were from boots, rest of it from Tesco, Claire's, Body Shop & Wilko's

Thanku very much to those who have said on here, where the rest of the bargains were, esp the Claire's accessories:beer:
    if you cant have what you want, be grateful for what you have :T

Pickle number 3 arrived 24th december 2007 :A
  • Britneys_Firefly
    Options
    I'm really disapointed that Boots havent had their 75% off sale yet, for one reason really, i normally get something for my mums birthday (this week) in the sale, and also there is one gift set that I would love to get my hands on for next year, but really do begrudge even paying the 50% price of it for, because I dont think its worth it (in case anyone is interested its the Nando's gift set with the chopping board/sauce!).

I also usually use the 75% to stock up on 'fillers' for all the family for next christmas, yes I have made a few purchases at 50% but this was back just after christmas (mostly the perfume gift sets because at £5 they were a bargin!)....

I really dont know if i will be as 'enthusiasic' about it now compared to last week, simply because the money I did have last week has now gone on general typical weekly expenditures instead.

Also why on earth do Boots feel that they need to hold onto stuff for so long?, I mean most shops that sell simlar gift sets reduced done, and shipped out weeks ago.....you really are hard pushed to find ANYWHERE in a normal town centre that still has the selection of christmas treats that boots have....
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    I was in the east kilbride one in the shopping centre and they had a small reduced section near the baby clothes but i did take most of the good stuff, sorry ! It will do me from now until nearly easter for gradual tan :) they are mostly likely to keep the wee reduced but in the corner going i think ..... keep a wee eye out :)
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    I agree the body shop sale has been really good this year, my fav body butter (nut) has been discountinued but i got it half price at £6 and then on buy 4 for price of 3 so got one free too.... very exciting :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure