We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• brazer_2
    brazer_2 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    I keep seeing things wrote on here about "orange people" when the sale starts online, can someone explain what this is as I'm new to this ! Thanks
  • Suzywong
    Options
    When you go to boots website it says "boots dot com is temporarily unavailable" and the screen is filled with a photo of a couple who have gone overboard with the fake tan!! Definately orange & enough to put sane people off St Tropez for life :-) Hence the references to orange people, hope this helps
  • ODonnell_2
    Options
    victory wrote: »
    When will we def know it is wednesday?

probs tues midnight or 2am, have their website open
  • MYLITTLESISTERLOLA
    Options
    When the system crashes as it always does during a sale we get a holding creen with two perfect orange people !!!
    Busy mum of 3, so if my posts don't make sense or ask a silly question be patient:rotfl:
  • ODonnell_2
    Options
    when you see the orange couple it's defo gone to 75% off
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well was going to look in Ipswich Tavern Street today anyway as need a gift for someone and they seemed to have alot of stuff last week. Won't bother waiting to see if the 75% sale goes ahead because if it does all the stock will go and I won't get something for 50% off elsewhere!
  • Vixie_Pixie
    Options
    I don't know whether to take this with a pinch of salt or not...

Spoke to a work colleague who has 2 relatives that work in Boots. Now they have said that their warehouse is chocka block with 3 for 2 stuff that they don't have enough shelf space in store for all of it, as well as all the spring/summer stuff that needs to go out. Now they have said the sale will be this week in order to get rid of it all...

Make of this what you will is what I say... Like all info we've received we cannot guarantee its reliability!!
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
  • team-cullen
    Options
    I don't know whether to take this with a pinch of salt or not...

Spoke to a work colleague who has 2 relatives that work in Boots. Now they have said that their warehouse is chocka block with 3 for 2 stuff that they don't have enough shelf space in store for all of it, as well as all the spring/summer stuff that needs to go out. Now they have said the sale will be this week in order to get rid of it all...

Make of this what you will is what I say... Like all info we've received we cannot guarantee its reliability!!
    so hope this is true, and that the online sale will start early hours of the morning of the sale so we all know before we rush off to boots :j
  • brazer_2
    brazer_2 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    Does the online sale allways start 1st ? Don't want to go all the way into town on the off chance - did that last wednesday !
  • daisy1111
    daisy1111 Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    topsey65 wrote: »
    I have never got any vouchers either, but again my mum and sister both do every few months. I have rung Boots various times to by told, luck of the drawn. I have had a card for years, at the beginning i got mail, but e last 3 years none. I buy a lot from Boots, more than my mum ans sister, so know idea why some people do and some people dont!

I never used to get them either so i called them and they told me in order to have them you have to agree to them sending mail and you also have to have points on your card. I have and i now get them every 3 months or so. If i do spend my points though i tend to only get them twice a year. I hope this helps.:j
    Money makes the world go mad, the world go mad, the world go mad! :wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport