We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• brazer_2
    brazer_2 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know whether to take this with a pinch of salt or not...

Spoke to a work colleague who has 2 relatives that work in Boots. Now they have said that their warehouse is chocka block with 3 for 2 stuff that they don't have enough shelf space in store for all of it, as well as all the spring/summer stuff that needs to go out. Now they have said the sale will be this week in order to get rid of it all...

Make of this what you will is what I say... Like all info we've received we cannot guarantee its reliability!!

This is pretty much what an sa said to me in store yesterday. All the new baby stuff waiting to come out but they can't until cleared all sale stuff and nothings shifting. She'd been told it will happen but not sure when. I really hope it's this week - I can't think about anything else !
  • wendiewoo
    wendiewoo Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    Mr Boots has sent me my first ever postal vouchers...double points allowed to be used twice and 2.00 off if I spend 20.00...NOW the reason I am posting here is I only ever shop at the 75% sale and when I buy reduced offers sooo....I ask will there be a sale? Have others recieved this leaflet?
    The sale affects me as our local boots is so small it is a corner shop and we have one row of Christmas stock so as soon as we know the sale is online myself and three others set off at 6am to our nearest boots, 2 hours drive awat.. checking online if the sale is official...last Wednesday we set off just in case and after 40 mins came back home as it was verified not to be on...dedication, money saving or madness.its a very thin line!!!!
    I wished upon a star tonight that I would see you once more,
    To hold you in my arms and tell you how much I love you,
    To hear your voice, to kiss your cheek oh for just one more time,
    But all I have are memories and a heart full of love and tears.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 19,051 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wendiewoo wrote: »
    Mr Boots has sent me my first ever postal vouchers...double points allowed to be used twice and 2.00 off if I spend 20.00...NOW the reason I am posting here is I only ever shop at the 75% sale and when I buy reduced offers sooo....I ask will there be a sale? Have others recieved this leaflet?
    The sale affects me as our local boots is so small it is a corner shop and we have one row of Christmas stock so as soon as we know the sale is online myself and three others set off at 6am to our nearest boots, 2 hours drive awat.. checking online if the sale is official...last Wednesday we set off just in case and after 40 mins came back home as it was verified not to be on...dedication, money saving or madness.its a very thin line!!!!

I got that leaflet a couple of weeks ago and I only shop in Boots in the sale aswell.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mummy4monsters
    Options
    Hi all, is anyone planning on staying up tomorrow night just in case?
    I wasn't going to bother all at with Boots this year but my DS would love the JCB workbench for his birthday so if I do stay up it'll only be for that one thing.
    Midwife in the making....
  • sarah*a
    sarah*a Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just been to Boots Bullring store and they are still chock-block with gifts - again especially Hat boxes, Gok etc piled so high they were taller than me :eek:

Only had 3 Nails inc varnishes left and no FCUK freebie sets :( Didn't go to the big one - will tomorrow :D
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    My local big boots still has a whole aisle of fcuk bags, an aisle of Fearne, an aisle of Gok, and at least half an aisle of those big strictly boxes, in addition to loads of other things (nothing I was really after, though). I think they will just about have to have a 75% sale soon as no one is buying it. Problem is, I'm not interested in any of those big giftsets, not even if they were 90% off. Here's hoping they put out more stock!
  • Rubyrose_2
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for the tip about Claire`s got some real bargains today 10 items for £10. Should of been over £85 thats better value than the 75% Boots sale. Got some good things.
    Thanks Again
    May stay up Tuesday evening, will join in chats to keep me awake LOL
    Hope you have all had a good day.
  • QOD
    QOD Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    hi - wohooo it's nearly Boots o clock then!
  • jasmineswhiskers
    Options
    Last week my local Boots had 3 full rows of stuff, on Saturday they had moved it all to the front of the store. From the past years they only ever moved the remnants there after the 75% sale had been picked clean. Also there wasn't much left - probably one row's worth all crammed on the shelves.
  • buffy1981
    buffy1981 Posts: 465 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2011 at 5:33PM
    Options
    Well thats it Mr Boots just visited the bodyshop online and spent your sale money there.

2 coconut holdalls were £35 now £20, got them for £16 each with the 20% discount code. ( products alone cost £45 )
    and 2 coconut gift bags were £10 now £5 down to £4 with the code and free delivery:j

Along with everything else I've bought elsewhere at upto 75% I'm stocked up for the year.
    To all the ladies who will stay up late and who will fight your way to the bargains instore, have fun. I for one will be having a lovely lie in :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure