Ground Source Heat Pumps

Options

Comments

• lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JHen wrote: »
    I'll call my local dealer today. I may come back you for some more guidance once I have the part if that is ok?
    No problem for further advice.
    Assume I need to take the front panel off and turn the unit off before I replace this.
    Rh side panel as well and yes isolate the pump from the mains.
    Also, from my previous readings, would these have caused excess energy consumption?
    The setting that you had @3.1 was far too low for a combined system, so it was probably working overtime to try to keep the house to temperature.
    Do you think the new settings will bring the usage down?
    It is quite possible. We would normally install a buffer tank as that creates a more stable and constant feed temperature.
    Will the faulty GT10 add to the high consumption?
    GT10 will not alter the consumption. It is meant as a indication, and can tell you if the filter needs cleaning. With the new sensor, it will alarm if the filter gets blocked.
    I wanted to email you the simulator as well as the manual, but your email will not accept a "exe" file.
    Let me know all the recent alarms from the K2 menu.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    Darrenc wrote: »
    Hi lovegshp, some readings
    GT1 32.6 25.7
    GT2 7.9
    GT3 Tgt 43 now 45.1
    GT5 Tgt 21 now 19.7
    GT6 30.6
    GT8 29.2
    GT9 25.9
    GT10 6.4
    GT11 4.8

Reading in 7.2 Dist HP DHW 20% and Rad 80%

7.4 add hp DHW 11% Rad 89%

7.3 7738 - it was commissioned July 2008

Heat pump total hours is -30929hrs

We have two UFH manifolds one for upstairs and one for down but they are all on the same circuit.

When you say doubtful of the compressor do you mean you are doubtful that it is faulty?

Cheers
    Darren
    Darren.
    Do you know how to get into the I/S menu? If so you you need menu 5 manual operation of all functions. In that you will see compressor start/stop. You should hear the compressor start.
    If not get back to me and we can look into it further.
  • JHen
    JHen Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    lovesgshp wrote: »
    GT10 will not alter the consumption. It is meant as a indication, and can tell you if the filter needs cleaning. With the new sensor, it will alarm if the filter gets blocked.
    I wanted to email you the simulator as well as the manual, but your email will not accept a "exe" file.
    Let me know all the recent alarms from the K2 menu.

Ok - Already I can see my Electric consumption has jumped dramatically since I made the two changes! :T
    I have ordered the part from the company that have taken over from ICE Energy so we let you know when this arrives (they are also doing services so may book what in to get it looked over)
    My last alarms were from May 2015 and that was for Low pressure switch and then Dec 2014 High HTF Delta.

Are you able to rename the file (drop) the exe then resend ?
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    Ok - Already I can see my Electric consumption has jumped dramatically since I made the two changes! :T
    Jumped or dropped?
    I have ordered the part from the company that have taken over from ICE Energy so we let you know when this arrives (they are also doing services so may book what in to get it looked over).
    You should not need a service as it is normally the 2 filters only that need to be checked.
    My last alarms were from May 2015 and that was for Low pressure switch and then Dec 2014 High HTF Delta.
    Ok good.

Are you able to rename the file (drop) the exe then resend ?
    I think it is a problem with GM, as I cannot even zip the file to send, If you know a way then email me and I will try again.
  • JHen
    Options
    Sorry - DROPPED :)
    Service - Ok, and I should be able to check these myself according to the manual - any pointers or is it pretty straight forward.
    I have noticed that the pipes do produce water/condensation on some of the exposed copper pipes - assume this is normal?

Can you rename from .exe to .txt - this should work
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    Sorry - DROPPED :)
    Great, we can do some other changes in the next days.
    Service - Ok, and I should be able to check these myself according to the manual - any pointers or is it pretty straight forward.
    Filters are easy, pump off, close the valves and remove to clean with the circlip pliers.
    I have noticed that the pipes do produce water/condensation on some of the exposed copper pipes - assume this is normal?
    This I would think is on the ground loop pipes and is normal. It will be the outlet so you could put some insulation on it.
    Can you rename from .exe to .txt - this should work
    Will try that, but I think if there is a exe reference within the file it still will not let it through.
  • JHen
    Options
    I received the simulator. I don't have pc so will look at emulating this on my mac.
    Before doing so - what does the simulator do? :o
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    The simulator, is basically where you can put values in, e.g menu 1.1 and then read off changes in the heat curves etc. I used mine to input figures from the readings that you had given to advise changes. Just let me know if you need help on using it, as it is quite helpful at times.
    Another point regarding energy consumption. Have you made any timer settings for DHW or heating?
  • acerboo
    Options
    hi ive had a gshp from ice energy since 2009 its been pretty good but now I'm having problems with the filter on the heating system every 3 days it gets blocked with a greyish slime with small lumps of what looks like putty.. ive had the system flushe twice in 3 weeks the first time they put in a chemical to clean it.. ive just checked the boiler as it had shut down and the filter was totally clogged my plumber has no idea whats causing it
  • lovesgshp
    edited 17 February 2017 at 8:36PM
    Options
    acerboo wrote: »
    hi ive had a gshp from ice energy since 2009 its been pretty good but now I'm having problems with the filter on the heating system every 3 days it gets blocked with a greyish slime with small lumps of what looks like putty.. ive had the system flushe twice in 3 weeks the first time they put in a chemical to clean it.. ive just checked the boiler as it had shut down and the filter was totally clogged my plumber has no idea whats causing it
    Welcome to the forum.
    When you say the heating side, then I presume you mean to the UFH or rads? Which type of system do you have?
    Has the system just been back flushed with the pipes fully disconnected?
    Is there a buffer tank installed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport