Comments

• lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2017 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.
    Are both filters clean?
    Will you list all alarms from the K2 menu and settings in menu3 Gt1-Gt 11 in heating mode only.
    With that information we may be able to see what is happening.
    Have you closed off too many circuits, as you need at least 70% open all the time. Are the 2 underfloor heating circuits on separate thermostats?
    Is there a buffer tank?
    I would be very doubtful about the compressor. You also need to go into the K2 menu for pump running hours and %, plus electrical hours and % for heating/hot water.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • JHen
    JHen Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I recently moved into a home that has a Greenline IVT unit installed. In the two months I have lived there my electricity bill is over £500. I can hear the heat pump is on most of the day. I have been speaking to ICE Energy about this but have today found the company has gone into liquidation. At the current rate it will be cheaper for me to replace this with a standard gas boiler!

lovesgshp if I provide the above menu3 Gt1-Gt 11 readings would you be able to shed some light on where the cost is. I do not believe the unit has been serviced for some time and I have no idea if or how to clean the filters.

Thanks in advance.
  • lovesgshp
    edited 14 February 2017 at 4:25PM
    Options
    Hi JHen and welcome.
    Yes, please supply me with the readings and we will see what we can sort out.
    Are you on a underfloor or radiator system?
    Follow the instructions from the earlier thread. If you do not know how to get there, then let me know. Also what model is the pump?
  • Darrenc
    Options
    HI lovegshp, thanks for the prompt response. Unsure where the K2 menu is, is that the same as the service/access menu?
    I'll come back with the GT1-11 readings.
    Why does 70% of the UFH circuits need to be, I have turned about 50% off thinking that the less cold water coming back would make it easier. We have big lounge and kitchen areas which will have a lot of water in the circuit.
    Don't think we have a buffer tank.
    Apologies I am a bit vague but like most on here its a bit of a mystery to me.
    Could undersizing be an issue?
    Thanks for your help so far.
  • JHen
    Options
    lovegshp, thanks for the prompt repsponse as I know you are assisting Darrenc also!

The front panel states Rego637W - is that pump the model?
    I have UFH in the kitchen and hall and rads in the other 7 rooms and 2 towel rails.
    The M3 GT1-11 readings are

1 23.9 29
    2 9.5
    3 47 47.2
    4 26.7 28.3
    5 21.1 23.4
    6 32
    7 there is no 7
    8 29.4
    9 29.2
    10 76.7
    11 -2.3

Heat
    Temp Inc 3.1
    Temp Fine Tune 1.0
    Mix Valve 4.0
    Mix Valve Fine Tune 0

I also took some readings for ICE on the 12 Jan as was meant to give them some follow up readings. I can't remember how I go these, but the readings were
    Heat Pump Hours 26977
    HP DWH-RAD 34% DWH 66% RAD
    Add heat hours 1048h
  • JHen
    Options
    Ok I found then menu for that other readings which today are

7.1 27572h
    7.2 34% DHW 66% RAD
    7.3 1056h
  • Darrenc
    Options
    Hi lovegshp, some readings
    GT1 32.6 25.7
    GT2 7.9
    GT3 Tgt 43 now 45.1
    GT5 Tgt 21 now 19.7
    GT6 30.6
    GT8 29.2
    GT9 25.9
    GT10 6.4
    GT11 4.8

Reading in 7.2 Dist HP DHW 20% and Rad 80%

7.4 add hp DHW 11% Rad 89%

7.3 7738 - it was commissioned July 2008

Heat pump total hours is -30929hrs

We have two UFH manifolds one for upstairs and one for down but they are all on the same circuit.

When you say doubtful of the compressor do you mean you are doubtful that it is faulty?

Cheers
    Darren
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    JHen wrote: »
    lovegshp, thanks for the prompt repsponse as I know you are assisting Darrenc also!

The front panel states Rego637W - is that pump the model?
    No, that is the control unit. The pump I would think is either in the C or E series range, Model will be on the top of the pump on a sticker. If you have a separate hot water tank it will be E series.
    I have UFH in the kitchen and hall and rads in the other 7 rooms and 2 towel rails.
    No buffer tank, so probably a bypass system.
    The M3 GT1-11 readings are

1 23.9 29
    2 9.5
    3 47 47.2
    4 26.7 28.3
    5 21.1 23.4
    6 32
    7 there is no 7
    8 29.4
    9 29.2
    10 76.7
    11 -2.3
    Were those readings taken on a heating cycle, as GT8/9 Are too close, plus GT6 needs to read higher on heating.
    You have a faulty sensor on GT10, which needs changing

Heat
    Temp Inc 3.1.
    If I am reading this right, then it is set purely for a UFH system. It would normally be from 4 to 6.5 for a combined unit. Is it possible to give me the heat curves in menu K2?
    Temp Fine Tune 1.0
    Mix Valve 4.0
    Mix Valve Fine Tune 0

I also took some readings for ICE on the 12 Jan as was meant to give them some follow up readings. I can't remember how I go these, but the readings were
    Heat Pump Hours 26977
    HP DWH-RAD 34% DWH 66% RAD
    Add heat hours 1048h
    34% is a little high for DHW, as it should be in around 20%, unless you use a very high amount.
  • JHen
    Options
    The sticker on the top state IVT Greenl.HT Plus C7M - is this what you are after?

I'm not sure what you mean by on a heating cycle? The pump runs most of the time so the heating green light is on most of the time.

Who would I contact about replacing the censor not ICE Energy are no longer around. I am in Essex.

Can you advise on how do I adjust the Temp Inc and DWH-RAD/DWH ?

Your help is much appreciated.
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    Most readings look fairly Ok.
    The GT8/9 are too close, so you need to check the filter inside the casing.
    Compressor temp is too low, so you need to check if has not tripped out. Again this is inside the casing There is a rotary switch cut out which could be the cause, so may just need a reset.
    Electric cartridge use is far too high!! If on the control panel all you see is the indicator with the arrow, then you are operating on electric heat only.
    Can you give me all alarms from the K2 menu as it may show the problem
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport