Asda launches revamped price guarantee News Discussion

Options

Comments

• puddings_2
    puddings_2 Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Options
    Trinidadone - collecting asda receipts for the potential price match , I suppose is only the same as what the people who go wombleing for tesco receipts with unclaimed clubcard points do.

Voucherman
    - re: out of stock petfood - well done, I hadn't thought of that. sadly now though the 3for2 promotions over :-(
    KevinG wrote: »
    This is an interesting tactic. It does require more forethought and organisation than I'm prepared to put in for a regular shop, but in this case it clearly increased the value of the ADSA price guarantee voucher. I can't see how it can technically be fraud or anything like that, maybe a tad unsporting!
    unsporting?!?! Bo**ocks! theres no such thing as unsporting when it comes from reclaiming some of the millions that supermarkets make in profit each year! If they have a problem with customers shopping in this manner trhen they should include it in the voucher t&c :-)
    There are actually a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That could be a great point to carry up. I supply the ideas above as common inspiration but clearly there are questions just like the one you bring up the place a very powerful factor will likely be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, however I am certain that your job is clearly recognized as a fair game. Both boys and girls really feel the impression of only a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.
    :huh: Can anybody explain !!!!!! this post is on about cos ive read it three times now and dont follow a word of it!
    KevinG wrote: »
    I did try to use my ASDA voucher there but the cashier hadn't seen one before and as it was so busy I asked her not to bother checking with a supervisor.
    Depends on the value of the voucher. If you had a voucher for £5 or £10 or so then I guess you would make more of an effort to get the discount
  • NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Options
    Well Tesco point blank refused to accept my Asda price guarantee voucher....:mad:

They said their policy as a company is never to accept internet coupons, when i said they had in the past they told me that anyone that did should have done it....

I told them it was advertised on their website, i even went so far as to say it was highlighted on here that Tesco accept them but no apprently it would seem i very much mistaken....Oh but they did check with the cash office apparently...
  • BLUEWKD
    BLUEWKD Posts: 6,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NEH wrote: »
    Well Tesco point blank refused to accept my Asda price guarantee voucher....:mad:

They said their policy as a company is never to accept internet coupons, when i said they had in the past they told me that anyone that did should have done it....

I told them it was advertised on their website, i even went so far as to say it was highlighted on here that Tesco accept them but no apprently it would seem i very much mistaken....Oh but they did check with the cash office apparently...

I have seen in 3 diff Tesco's big posters on the columns by the till saying they accept them and also showing pictures of the guarantee coupon, so I've no idea how they got out of taking it. It is not down to the managers discretion, it is a nationwide policy and was advertised in the main papers.
    Check this post out which was taken from the Tesco magazine. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=41215842&postcount=433 .
    http://www.tescomagazine.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-Asda-price-guarantee.html
    I would ring Tesco Head office and they should send you the money in a gift card.
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

• NEH
    edited 24 February 2011 at 4:38PM
    Options
    BLUEWKD wrote: »
    I have seen in 3 diff Tesco's big posters on the columns by the till saying they accept them and also showing pictures of the guarantee coupon, so I've no idea how they got out of taking it. It is not down to the managers discretion, it is a nationwide policy and was advertised in the main papers.
    Check this post out which was taken from the Tesco magazine. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=41215842&postcount=433 Unfortunately it isn't appearing on the site now, but you could take a copy from the post. I would ring Tesco Head office and they should send you the money in a gift card.

I have just checked the post in this thread and the article is still there so i'll be including it in my email....I think the guy thought i was mad and i said i'd be emailing Tesco and i'd mention the store and he said yes you can mention my name as well!

oh and you have to laugh i fired off an email to their customer services and it gets sent to their home shopping department, wallies...:rotfl:
  • BLUEWKD
    BLUEWKD Posts: 6,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NEH wrote: »
    I have just checked the post in this thread and the article is still there so i'll be including it in my email....I think the guy thought i was mad and i said i'd be emailing Tesco and i'd mention the store and he said yes you can mention my name as well!

oh and you have to laugh i fired off an email to their customer services and it gets sent to their home shopping department, wallies...:rotfl:

I amended my post when I found the article. I think you have to be dim or hate customers to work at Tesco:eek:, with the few exceptions of course;)

Have you got a receipt from the store as there is a "how did we do" on it with the email details and store no. https://www.tescocomments.com
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

• NEH
    Options
    BLUEWKD wrote: »
    I amended my post when I found the article. I think you have to be dim or hate customers to work at Tesco:eek:, with the few exceptions of course;)

Have you got a receipt from the store as there is a "how did we do" on it with the email details and store no. www.tescocomments.com

Dug it out and got it, will send it through channel maybe if i don't get a response....I jsut looked on the website, saw for store issues send it to customer.services@tesco.co.uk which i did and got a response back from online@tesco.co.uk, the home grocery section....:rotfl:

I re-sent the email and will see what that produces, goes to show i should have checked my receipt and not assumed to send it through the issues with store email addie....
  • valiant
    valiant Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    I had my receipt handed back to me when I presented it with the voucher at ASDA. Can I now print off another voucher and take it to Tesco for another discount?
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    valiant wrote: »
    I had my receipt handed back to me when I presented it with the voucher at ASDA. Can I now print off another voucher and take it to Tesco for another discount?
    Unless you printed off two coupons when you first entered it, I don't think the ASDA website would accept the same receipt details again (someone correct me if I'm wrong), otherwise lots of people would be doing it. The ASDA cashiers now tend to mark the receipts before giving them back to me, but there's nothing on the voucher telling them to do that.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have just noticed on the Asda page that it says you have to take hte receipt & voucher back to the store where you made the original purchase. Has it always said this? I have used vouchers in several stores before with no problems.
    essex girl in exile
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    valiant wrote: »

I would say yes - but you would knowingly be committing fraud. But since it's against Tesco I wouldn't mind. After all, they're constantly ripping us off.

If they can't train their staff on how to process coupons correctly (sign receipts to avoid re-use) then you might as well take advantage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure