Options
    I got a voucher for 32p!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• puddings_2
    puddings_2 Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Options
    whats meant to happen and what actually does happen are two seperate things in the supermarket world!
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Took advantage of Asda's generosity last night.

Went to Tesco to stock up on cat food which is on a '3 for the price of 2' offer. Not surprisingly the shelves were empty.

No problem. Went to Asda and filled trolley with usual shopping plus 9 multi-packs of cat food. Scanned & paid for the special offers and bits that couldn't be compared first. Then put the rest through.

Got a voucher for £13.06 - so a bonus of about £3 on what it would have cost in Tesco - if they'd had stock.

I'm startng to like this price guarantee :D
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Options
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    Scanned & paid for the special offers and bits that couldn't be compared first. Then put the rest through.
    This is an interesting tactic. It does require more forethought and organisation than I'm prepared to put in for a regular shop, but in this case it clearly increased the value of the ADSA price guarantee voucher. I can't see how it can technically be fraud or anything like that, maybe a tad unsporting!
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,772 Forumite
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    maybe a tad unsporting!
    All's fair in love and war - and supermarket shopping.
    When they start to play fair then i'll think about it.

I was on the self service checkout. I'd already scanned the first lot then put the bags on the floor before starting on the next lot. The staff could quite easily have questioned it if they were bothered. Self service was playing up last night so she had to come over and help a few times.
  • Redleela
    Options
    spudlings wrote: »
    Thank you, but i had already thought of that and its not an option.
    I just thought they may of been able to post it to me or given me a code to use.
    Anyone know where i can buy a printer with ink and paper for £1.07 haha :)

You could try Freecycle where you could get a printer for free:

http://www.uk.freecycle.org/
  • KevinG
    Options
    Redleela wrote: »
    You could try Freecycle where you could get a printer for free:

http://www.uk.freecycle.org/
    Indeed, I've got a colour laser I'm about to put on my local group, and it won't be the first time.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,350 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    a friend of mine said she has started collecting reciepts from the local asda carpark and putting them through the price challenge, is she doing anything wrong?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • KevinG
    Options
    In general although Asda may be a few percent cheaper on most items I think that they may still work out more expensive overall as they have fewer promotional prices/offers - for example they might be 5% cheaper of washing powder at standard prices but if you only buy 6 months supply when it is on Bogof at Sains twice a year then your annual spend on washing powder is less at Sains.
    I'm not so sure about that - I went for a rare trip to Tesco today and was shocked how much more expensive it was than ASDA - I thought I must be in Sainsbury's! I did try to use my ASDA voucher there but the cashier hadn't seen one before and as it was so busy I asked her not to bother checking with a supervisor.
  • gill377
    gill377 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    sadly altho tesco has spent a great deal of money advertising they will take the a p g coupons they forgot to train their staff :-(
    Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one.

never complain about growing old,far too many people have been denied that privilege.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure