Asda launches revamped price guarantee News Discussion

1202122232426»

Comments

• susiecm3
    susiecm3 Posts: 496 Forumite
    KevinG wrote: »
    Not directly comparable - what are they supposed to do, make a price up?

BTW good promotion on at the moment where you get another £5 voucher on top of the price guarantee if you spend over £40.

Got mine last night but everytime I go to print voucher its saying 'technical errors try again later' scared to close my browser in case i loose it lol
    Thrifty Gifty Money Making =£280 Sealed pot challenge 1192 Toluna = 77339 Bingoport = £10 redeemed + 3347
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    KevinG wrote: »
    Not directly comparable - what are they supposed to do, make a price up?

BTW good promotion on at the moment where you get another £5 voucher on top of the price guarantee if you spend over £40.

thanks-i might go back i get wot youre saying but half isnt good enough if the other half comes to more than say tesco then im missing out somewhere
    What goes around-comes around
  • CRM_2
    CRM_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, your absolutely correct, I can use more than one voucher per transaction. As more than one staff have declined the vouchers, sounds like the store manager or a member of the management team has briefed the staff in the branch. I think I will telephone customer service Asda HQ tomorrow, and nip this in the bud

thankyou :)

You should be able to use several vouchers in one go. ASDA staff are meant to sign your receipts so that you can only use one voucher for each receipt. The problem in this store, I suspect, is that unscrupulous people have turned up with a dozen reciepts and a queue behind them. The cashier probably doesn't sign them all because they dont have time and then the same person comes in next week and uses copies of the same vouchers handed in the first week with the same unsigned receipts. Someone in management then decides to change the policy instead of making sure the staff sign all their receipts.
  • CRM_2
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    thanks-i might go back i get wot youre saying but half isnt good enough if the other half comes to more than say tesco then im missing out somewhere

The question you should be asking is if the comparable products are a statistically significant sample of the overall set. Since ASDA are not in control of the comparison website, it should be more or less random which of the items are comparable or not. You assume that the bias of this independent comparison website will be that it will leave out the items which ASDA has more expensive than for eg. Tesco without allowing for the possibility that there will also be items that are left out of the comparison process for which ASDA turns out to be better value.
  • Ive regularly used multiple apgs in one transaction. Thats not unscrupulous that's savvy shopping and questions and answers page says the following...

"I've made two successful claims so have two vouchers; can I use them both in one shop?

Yes just present them to the checkout operator to be discounted from your shopping"
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • Skulls
    Skulls Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well I've managed a £6-7 voucher everyday this week plus a £5 off voucher. Only spending just above the £40 threshhold for the second voucher. Got a great list for the morning all Pataks curry paste. Spending £40 I will get roughly £22 back as a price Guarantee voucher and a £5 off voucher. So £40 worth of curry pastes for £13. Biggest voucher to date has been £67!(£108 spend)
  • lekyuk
    lekyuk Posts: 9 Forumite
    Just vowed to never shop at Tesco ever again after they built a Tesco express at the bottom of our once quite road without a car park and living on our road is now a painful experience. Tesco have been contacted and now ignore us )thats 400 people signing at petition).

So at the same time Asda launched its 10% deal which just made it simple to change. I reckon we would spend around £400 a month in Tesco so its the only way I can get any satisfaction. Tesco saying Asda's policy means two things - 1) They wish they'd have thought of it 2) They may not be able to take over the world.

Well done Asda...I can shop knowing that if I use reasonable judgement in Asda I cant lose out. On myt next £40 shop at Asda I'll save at about £8 in vouchers. And I'll still pay on my Tesco credit card and get the points for free stuff from Tesco.

Last point, Tesco are going to the ASA to claim Asdas promotion is misleading. ARE THEY SERIOUS?!?! Tesco buy land in another companies name, they back hand councils to get permission, then take full advantage of closing any small businesses....is that fair? Oh and they dont care about residents like me whoise had his car hit 4 times by their customers.

Stuff em.
  • CRM_2
    Ive regularly used multiple apgs in one transaction. Thats not unscrupulous that's savvy shopping and questions and answers page says the following...

"I've made two successful claims so have two vouchers; can I use them both in one shop?

Yes just present them to the checkout operator to be discounted from your shopping"

You certainly should be able to use them in one shop, but the problem that I was trying to highlight is that of an existing scam with people arriving with a dozen or so vouchers at once. The cashier has to check the transaction number and store number on each one, then sign the accompanying receipt and mark the value of the voucher on it with 'APG' next to it. They also have to mark the vouchers themselves before placing them in the till drawer. If the number of vouchers is overwhelming, the cashier will most likely not sign the receipts and give them back. If this step is skipped, then another copy of the voucher can be used next time. Management at this store obviously thought that the best way to combat this type of fraud was to limit the number of vouchers accepted, but this totally goes against the terms and conditions of the scheme. It wouldn't be a problem if the staff signed and checked all receipts no matter how long it took. This is what they should have focussed on.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    CRM wrote: »
    You certainly should be able to use them in one shop, but the problem that I was trying to highlight is that of an existing scam with people arriving with a dozen or so vouchers at once. The cashier has to check the transaction number and store number on each one, then sign the accompanying receipt and mark the value of the voucher on it with 'APG' next to it.
    The problem is that there is nothing on the voucher to tell them to do this and, at my store, they have largely stopped doing it, so it is a good job I am honest!
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure