Nibe Fighter 360p ashp costing me loads to run

Comments

• ra200
    ra200 Posts: 172 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2011 at 3:53AM
    I am not sure the RHI Tariff we apply to me as i am only renting the house i will have to ask melin homes about it,

Here is the info on RHI Tariffs http://www.nu-heat.co.uk/s.nl/it.I/id.645/.f

I have been checking the system over the last few weeks and i find the the downstairs is warm on heating curve 7 with the flow temp of around 36c but for upstairs the heating curve needs to be on 10 with a flow temp of 40c or other wise it is freezing upstairs but there is no way of setting the heating curve of upstairs and downstairs independently of each other and unless the system uses the immersion heater the flow temp is only around 28c on a day like today where it is 7c outside and the whole house is cold,

denial2010 wrote: »
    On another note just been researching into the RHI Tariffs (Renewable Heat Incentive) which goes live in June - http://www.rhincentive.co.uk/eligible/.

Seems the unit and installer both need to be certified by the MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme) to qualify. From what I can see the Nibe 360P has already been certified - http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/mcs-consumer/product-profile.php?ID=33592

However, the COWBOYS who installed my unit aren't. Which I guess means I can't claim?
  • ra200
    edited 8 January 2011 at 5:14PM
    I will wait and see what happens on tuesday when the melin homes / nibe engineer visits and check the system but i do not think this will make any difference to the performance of the nibe 360p then i will give it 24 hours and if it still uses loads of electric i will switch the whole system off and i will have to live with two children in the house with no central heating system as i will not be able to afford to run it,
    Aceboyz wrote: »
    Hi, we were on Economy 7 but EON have changed ours to a standard rate without changing the meter not sure if this is right or not.

The other thing the Nibe engineer did say this morning was that if you did have the water set to 24hr the immersion would only come on when the tap was being used and then switch off again as soon as the tap was turned off, our daily reads were 60 to 65 but we noticed the biggest difference was getting off the Winter mode.

Taking our lowest reading of this week, which was 23 units for day and 6 units at night = £2.95 per 24hrs, which over a month = £91.45 this is using our tariffs found on the bill, if we took the highest which is 43 units for day and 7 at night this is £5.40 per 24hrs and £167.40 for a month.

So far we have had a bill for £178 and we know we are getting a bill in the next couple of days for at least £190 - £200, we can not afford this.
  • denial2010
    denial2010 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ra200 wrote: »
    I am not sure the RHI Tariff we apply to me as i am only renting the house,

I have been checking the system over the last few weeks and i find the the downstairs is warm on heating curve 7 with the flow temp of around 36c but for upstairs the heating curve needs to be on 10 with a flow temp of 40c or other wise it is freezing upstairs but there is no way of setting the heating curve of upstairs and downstairs independently of each other and unless the system uses the immersion heater the flow temp is only around 28c on a day like today where it is 7c outside and the whole house is cold,

Interesting... Is their the only one temperature probe (RG10)? I'm guessing its underfloor heating in the scride downstairs and rads upstairs?

There is hope at the end of the tunnel... My total usage yesterday was 23.95KWh (£2.17/day £15/week) so just less than I predicted. I have set setback times today to see if efficiency can be improved furthur. I am aiming to get that into £1 something a day or £10 a week. Will keep you all updated again.
    Mortgage Started: £131,500 (June 2010)
    Mortgage Paid Off: £33,000 (25.1%)
    Mortgage Remaining: £98,500
  • ra200
    edited 8 January 2011 at 7:36PM
    The only temperature probe is outside and yes it is underfloor heating in a 3 bedroom house with stats on the wall in the living room & kitchen and 3 bedrooms,

You say you used 23.95 kwh yesterday but did that include using the hot water in the sinks and running a bath?.

If i was to use 24 units aday it would cost me 24 x 14p per unit plus 15p standard charge = 3.51
    denial2010 wrote: »
    Interesting... Is their the only one temperature probe (RG10)? I'm guessing its underfloor heating in the scride downstairs and rads upstairs?

There is hope at the end of the tunnel... My total usage yesterday was 23.95KWh (£2.17/day £15/week) so just less than I predicted. I have set setback times today to see if efficiency can be improved furthur. I am aiming to get that into £1 something a day or £10 a week. Will keep you all updated again.
  • ra200
    edited 9 January 2011 at 3:59AM
    After speakeing to a few heating companies today it appers due to the size of our propery the nibe 360p exhaust air pump is to small for our home as our home has a heat demand of around 8.50kw and the nibe 360p can only supply up to 6.00kw and a outdoor air pump from hitachi such as the hitachi yutaki 10 from NU-Heat https://system.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=148657&c=472052&h=44de7df8da7a054a80fe&_xt=.pdf&ck=VoVa4gx6AaKDXfjJ&vid=VoVa4gx6AaaDXS7l&cktime=96780 or http://www.airconwarehouse.com/acatalog/airconwarehouse_Hitachi_Yutaki_brochure.pdf should have been installed as it can cope with the heat demand,

You can also dock the 360p with a gas boiler or solar panels for hot water as seen if this nibe .pdf http://www.htenergy.co.uk/downloads/Exhaust%20Air%20brochure.pdf on page 10 it says the following below
    Additional heating in conjunction with
    solar collectors
    The FIGHTER 200P/ 360P and 410P can also
    operate in conjunction with solar collectors.
    Solar energy can be used to heat up domestic
    hot water (as shown in the drawings). As the
    domestic hot water in the accumulator tank is
    preheated by the solar
    collectors, the FIGHTE R’s energy consumption
    decreases by the corresponding amount.
    During the transition period solar energy can also be used as a backup for the heating.
    Below are the heating cost need for my house taken from this link http://www.nu-heat.co.uk/s.nl/it.I/id.645/.f
    3 bed, house
    Floor area: 100m2 Project type: New build Annual heating load: 17,628kWh/year Domestic hot water load : 3,890kWh/yea rTotal heat load: 21,518kWh/year
  • dundeedoll_2
    dundeedoll_2 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Nicotine Free since 01.08.2010 :j:j:j

Sealed Pot Challenge member 1097 2011 £1024.78 :T

I feel the two are connected :D
  • ra200
    Here is the energy saving trusts report on their field test of exhaust air pumps, external air pumps and ground air pumps, http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/content/download/1801485/4898250/version/9/file/Getting_warmer_a_field_trial_of_heat_pumps_report.pdf/perma/1
  • denial2010
    edited 9 January 2011 at 12:15PM
    ra200 wrote: »
    The only temperature probe is outside and yes it is underfloor heating in a 3 bedroom house with stats on the wall in the living room & kitchen and 3 bedrooms,

You say you used 23.95 kwh yesterday but did that include using the hot water in the sinks and running a bath?.

If i was to use 24 units aday it would cost me 24 x 14p per unit plus 15p standard charge = 3.51

I'm with EDF Energy. Check to see if your on the cheapest tariff for your area. On Online S@ver 7, it is 7.68p/KWh with a 29.86p daily charge in the Eastern area. So 23.95KWh x 7.68p + 29.86p = £2.14. Also, when I signed up they were offering £100 credit on the account (plus £80 cashback through Quidco). So that should fund the rest of my electric bill until the end of the winter spell (hopefully). I was on British Gas Standard tariff before and if I crunch the numbers on that, it works out *a lot* more expensive! That was just having a shower in the morning and the usual washing up. I don't really have baths to be honest with you!

Are your stats actually working? I found mine were not activated. When you spin the dial around it didn't actually adjust the target room temperature. They were just mearly acting as a temperature probe and the heatpump was locked on 21 degrees. Most of the time the house was too hot. They have been activated since. Also the stats on the radiators upstairs. Are they on full?
  • denial2010
    edited 9 January 2011 at 3:25PM
    Just to update again on running costs.

I activated "set back times" to run over night. From 9pm to 5am on every day of the week. This was set to an offset of -2. Yesterday came in a 20.53KWh for the 24 hour period. So looks like even more efficiency! It has used 12KWh so far today (so looking promising for a similar figure).

20.53KWh x 7.68p + 29.86p = £1.88.

Once this all settles will try and increase efficiency furthur by putting a set back time during the day when I'm at work. This is getting closer to the figure I was getting when running the heatpump in spring/autumn mode where the emersion was blocked. Except this time its running in winter mode and the hot water is remaining constant at between 50 - 55 degrees and room temperatures at 19 degrees out of the setback period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills