How much can you save?

Replies

• Suzey wrote:
    snip
    Saving to leave the country, eh? Will the last one out turn the lights off, please. ;)
  • SuzeySuzey Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hopefully I'll be gone long before then! Are you wanting to leave as well?

I'd stay if I could afford the big city life here, but even if I could afford London it's so congested and the quality of life isn't good IMO.

I've been to other British cities that I've liked - Manchester and Edinburgh spring to mind - but I'm also in need of a bit of adventure and if I'm going to relocate I might as well go the whole hog.

Suze

Saving to leave the country, eh? Will the last one out turn the lights off, please. ;)
    Mortgage-free Wannabe!
    Borrowed £260000 in 8/2009
    Amount outstanding at 1/10/2012 is £10000/3.8%
    :j
  • Hi

I have not worked everything into the equation here, I have paid an extra £400 into my ISA and upped the regular payment to £100/month from £50. But also, direct from my wages I pay £75 into a SAYE scheme. Then also S/O for £40 into my daughters Save4it account and £30 into her CTF.

So every month I am regularly saving 100+75+40+30 = £245

best change my signature
  • I have just got my 'Savings Pig' and put it next to me on my desk at work so when I feel like buying some toast or going to the vending machine I am going to feed my pig instead.....

It seems like alot of people are saving to buy there new property. Similar to the Mortgage Pig forum is anyone going to follow me and get a 'Savings Pig' and then convert him/her to a 'Mortgage Pig' once you get your new home ??

:rolleyes:
  • WannoWanno Forumite
    130 Posts
    I have just got my 'Savings Pig' and put it next to me on my desk at work so when I feel like buying some toast or going to the vending machine I am going to feed my pig instead.....

It seems like alot of people are saving to buy there new property. Similar to the Mortgage Pig forum is anyone going to follow me and get a 'Savings Pig' and then convert him/her to a 'Mortgage Pig' once you get your new home ??

:rolleyes:

I would love to have a pig- but I cant find a good piggy bank anywhere! You would have thought there would be more about.
  • Mine is just a tall jar which I got from my mum.. Couldn't you create your own ??
  • SuzeySuzey Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yeah, make a papier mâché one!

Suze

Mine is just a tall jar which I got from my mum.. Couldn't you create your own ??
    Mortgage-free Wannabe!
    Borrowed £260000 in 8/2009
    Amount outstanding at 1/10/2012 is £10000/3.8%
    :j
  • babes21babes21 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    is anyone going to follow me and get a 'Savings Pig' and then convert him/her to a 'Mortgage Pig' once you get your new home ??

I certainly hope so :D
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Quick update.

Had Amazon payment of £52.09 into my current account today. Will transfer to ISA once it has cleared.

Also £6 from www.greenmetropolis.com
    £9 from www.quickwise.co.uk
    £5 extra credit from the 02 loophole.

Very happy! :)
  • babes21babes21 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    I've just sold something on ebay which as gone for £156 so that will go into the ISA once cleared :j