How much can you save?

Options

Comments

• LucyTheDwarf
    Options
    Lokolo wrote: »
    £8 is CHEAP!? Thats crazy.

My favourite is £28 but my boyfriend is very allergic to it... his mouth and lips swell up like a balloon... I suppose I should be grateful to him, as I can't really justify that amount, but I used to buy it if I saw it on offer :P
    Target Cash Net Worth: £25K by January 2012
    Progress
    May-08
    19.0%; May-09 40.0%; May-10 63.0%; May-11 58.4%; Jun-11 58.5%; Jul-11 58.9%; Aug-11 58.7%; Sep-11 59.0%
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My favourite is £28 but my boyfriend is very allergic to it... his mouth and lips swell up like a balloon... I suppose I should be grateful to him, as I can't really justify that amount, but I used to buy it if I saw it on offer :P

LOL I so want to see that
  • LucyTheDwarf
    Options
    Don't laugh! I got told off for laughing!
    Target Cash Net Worth: £25K by January 2012
    Progress
    May-08
    19.0%; May-09 40.0%; May-10 63.0%; May-11 58.4%; Jun-11 58.5%; Jul-11 58.9%; Aug-11 58.7%; Sep-11 59.0%
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right I have a message from Egg saying my ISA has been closed, and that it's now on its way to Halifax. So the account has been closed, and as yet nothing in my Halifax account. Bricking it. Is it 28 days from now I can expect my money to show up?
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Options
    ^^ mine has disappeared from HSBC, but I've not had a message from them and am worrying too!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    Right I have a message from Egg saying my ISA has been closed, and that it's now on its way to Halifax. So the account has been closed, and as yet nothing in my Halifax account. Bricking it. Is it 28 days from now I can expect my money to show up?

Depends if Egg are sending their ISA transfers by BACS or by cheque ... BACS should be quicker, as it'll (presumably) be all done electronically, with no human input required.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2009 at 5:29PM
    Options
    I'm not too bothered, it's just that I need a thousand pounds in my Halifax ISA within 60 days of opening to get the 3% and I really don't want to have to take a thousand out of my other savings to do that, miss out on £30 in interest!

ETA, actually it's £15, still though...
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • dazcouz
    dazcouz Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    Options
    Payday! This moves up my savings to £22,200. Looks like reaching £30K by the end of 2009 might be out of reach now.
    Competion Wins 2008 - £1700 - 2009 £5300
    2010- £680
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, i love reading this thread, always full of interesting topics. just curious how everyone is with work lunches. in the last two weeks ive been bringing stuff in from home and i can see how big a difference it is. I have been surviving on barely any money and im fine, i can do it except when all the ppl at work want to go out for lunch. ive had two free lunches off my friend already which i will pay/treat her back when i have the money :) but its how to get out of this situation. I dont want to be a work outcast and it is always tempting to go out for a nice lunch but this is where the money disappears. it seriously is my weakness :(
  • cocalls
    cocalls Posts: 881 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello just say you've brought your lunch in and it'll be a shame to waste it or budget to go out say once per week maybe a fri if you've been good all week
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback