Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Angelite
    Angelite Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We found four - all on the 2nd floor of the Cosmo. Two were opposite the China Poblano restaurant, kinda round the side of the Marquee club entrance, and two were opposite the West Tower lifts by the entrance to the Wicked Spoon Buffet. They moved one on the second day we were there (to the above locations) so I think they might move them about a bit.

They were on our route from the 2nd floor cosmo entrance to the West Tower so we were tempted by them every day!! If we were there longer, I think we would have ended putting a lot more money into them.

My OH got a lenticular made by Heather Lowe - http://hlartomat.blogspot.com/

And I got a gorgeous origami piece by Andrew Wang - http://awartgallery.com/
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    Irish Car Bomb - Guiness, Baileys and whiskey

Paralyzer - tequila, vodka, kahlua, cream and Coke
  • BlueWorldOrder
    BlueWorldOrder Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2011 at 1:17AM
    Options
    luci wrote: »
    Irish Car Bomb - Guiness, Baileys and whiskey

I hate to sound like a troll but I get really offended when I read/hear Brits order these drinks in bars, especially when you consider how many men, women and children died as a result of actual Irish car bombs...
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    I hate the name too, but that is what Lucky is shouting outside O'Shea's every day.
  • BlueWorldOrder
    Options
    luci wrote: »
    I hate the name too, but that is what Lucky is shouting outside O'Shea's every day.

They don't mean any harm by it, they just don't know any better... I was in O'Sheas on St. Paddy's day once, not much recollection of events :beer:
  • thehobbit
    thehobbit Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    I would also ask whether you can decline having the ability to charge to the room - some hotels will let you do that and waive the deposit...you the couldn't order any room service, make any phone calls (other than where they are included in a resort fee), charge food or show tickets to the room...etc. If they do let you leave a cash deposit as penny suggested it's usually much less than the credit card deposit amount.
    Thanks.

Think im going to give it miss. Part of the terms of the deal were having to use a CC on check in for payment and daily deposit.
    Plus when booking on the site, the rate didnt include tax nor did it quote what % it was charged at.

The cosmo doesnt seen the easiest hotel to get the answers you want from.

BTW for anyone interested, one thing i did find out from the many emails i sent, was that the cosmo has terrace rooms with 2 queen beds. However they can only be booked via phone not online

Still got my backup reservation at the Mirage if i dont find anything better
  • thehobbit
    thehobbit Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    koloko wrote: »
    Take it the choice of european beers is limited then. Budweiser is the only american beer i know (i think), it's passable.

I've heard that if I want "bottle service" at a table in a club it'll cost me $1000 a night, and this isn't unusual. I don't know what bottle service is, but it doesn't sound like my idea of a good night out
    Bottle service.

Basically you are paying a premium to sit down at a night club.
    First you need to contact a host at a club to book a table and arrange a bottle min. The better the table the more bottles you need to buy.
    The more people in your group the higher then bottle min.
    The less bottles you buy the worse the table
    The better the club the higher the bottle price.

A top level club on a weekend will have a 2 bottle min, with bottles of their cheapest vodka starting at $450 each.

Your host will expect a tip of at least $100 when you get shown to your table.
    Security guard usually expects $20min, runner $20 min.
    Waitress tip (20%) gets added to your total bill

So 2 bottle min= 2x $450= $900
    Tax= 8% = $72
    Tip= 20%= $195++

Total =£1167
    plus $140 for tip metioned above

Your basiclly paying $1300 for somewhere to sit and for 2 bottles of $15 vodka
    It has to be the greatest rip off going yet it seems to be normal in the US.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    July
    Angelite wrote: »
    We found four - all on the 2nd floor of the Cosmo. Two were opposite the China Poblano restaurant, kinda round the side of the Marquee club entrance, and two were opposite the West Tower lifts by the entrance to the Wicked Spoon Buffet. They moved one on the second day we were there (to the above locations) so I think they might move them about a bit.

They were on our route from the 2nd floor cosmo entrance to the West Tower so we were tempted by them every day!! If we were there longer, I think we would have ended putting a lot more money into them.

My OH got a lenticular made by Heather Lowe - http://hlartomat.blogspot.com/

And I got a gorgeous origami piece by Andrew Wang - http://awartgallery.com/

these sound great!
    just found this to try and help me get me head round how they work!
    apparently the Cosmo has 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sIWJGq3n7c
  • assenal
    assenal Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    It`s almost the lowest season with lowest rate, but same service.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    August
    assenal wrote: »
    It`s almost the lowest season with lowest rate, but same service.

? First post and a strange one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport