Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2011

Options

Comments

• JennyJenJen
    JennyJenJen Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    September
    Can I ask a (probably stupid) restaurant.com question please? If I have the 80% code, can I buy an e gift card at 80% off anf then use that ecard to buy vouchers online for indvidual restaurants, again using the 80% code or have I got the wrong end of the stick?!

I have tried to look back through the thread but confusing myself now going round in circles!!
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    March
    Can I ask a (probably stupid) restaurant.com question please? If I have the 80% code, can I buy an e gift card at 80% off anf then use that ecard to buy vouchers online for indvidual restaurants, again using the 80% code or have I got the wrong end of the stick?!

I have tried to look back through the thread but confusing myself now going round in circles!!

yes you can - though occasionally some restaurants won't show when using the gift card.

Just make sure you are actually buying an egift card and not an actual gift card - I made that mistake, which was OK but I have a mailing address in the US on my account - so my sister scanned the card so I had the detail.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    luci wrote: »
    Unlike CET/Harrah's, who give you better rates on rooms if you have a card, they only benefit I can think of is that MLIFE sometimes email you offers, but you don't need to have a card to get them.

We never had any free room offers under the old players club, but we have each had a free night each at Mandalay Bay under the new club...so while I totally agree that it's nothing compared to the user-friendliness and good offers/comps of CET, it's better than it was at least. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • JennyJenJen
    JennyJenJen Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    September
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    yes you can - though occasionally some restaurants won't show when using the gift card.

Just make sure you are actually buying an egift card and not an actual gift card - I made that mistake, which was OK but I have a mailing address in the US on my account - so my sister scanned the card so I had the detail.

Great thanks, I have a US address I can use too but will be sure to choose the Ecard!

HOw much is it worth getting on a gift card? I was thinking $100 (which would cost me $20 right?) then I get $100 worth of vouchers at 80% off? Am just trying to work out how much that is saving me, should I just stick to what I said to OH when he asked me? 'oh totally loads!' :lol:
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    Great thanks, I have a US address I can use too but will be sure to choose the Ecard!

HOw much is it worth getting on a gift card? I was thinking $100 (which would cost me $20 right?) then I get $100 worth of vouchers at 80% off? Am just trying to work out how much that is saving me, should I just stick to what I said to OH when he asked me? 'oh totally loads!' :lol:

I bought a $100 card though we do go twice a year...I've only actually used it to buy Stripburger vouchers so far I think as all the other restaurants we've been interested in still have availability when the 80% off code comes out.

But a $100 gift card is $40 - so at 80% off it is $8. With that you could buy 4 $25 certificates, for example - $100 worth of certificates...for most people 4 would probably be plenty for an average lenght trip - as you don't want to lock yourselves in for every meal. Though they don't expire, so if you'll be back in the future you could use them then.
  • spalding
    spalding Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Great trip report angelite why where the art o Mart machines sounds interesting
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    Angelite wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind my v. long trip report! My OH and I were there for five days from Thursday to Tuesday.

Thanks for the report - the more I read about Cosmo the more I think we'll see about a night there to try it out.
    Angelite wrote: »
    I loved the art throughout the hotel, and we also had a go at the Art-o-Mat to get some cool pieces of art for $5 - http://www.artomat.org/

Could you tell me where this is please, within Cosmo? I'm more intrigued than you can imagine about it. :)
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    spalding wrote: »
    Great trip report angelite why where the art o Mart machines sounds interesting

ha! I was still reading when you posted...it does sound very interesting...though dangerous, possible. 'just another $5...just one more, I swear'.
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    it's like a gumball machine for adults!

I'm far, far too excited about this.
  • spalding
    spalding Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    I'm totally there amazing idea I'll be coming back with a suitcase full love my art, really excited as with be there for first Friday art festival downtown!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure