Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2011

Options

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    May
    assenal wrote: »
    It`s almost the lowest season with lowest rate, but same service.

Not sure when you are talking about-obviously not now
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    March
    thehobbit wrote: »
    Thanks.

Think im going to give it miss. Part of the terms of the deal were having to use a CC on check in for payment and daily deposit.
    Plus when booking on the site, the rate didnt include tax nor did it quote what % it was charged at.

The cosmo doesnt seen the easiest hotel to get the answers you want from.

tax is 12% on hotels...prices in the US aren't inclusive of taxes but usually on the reservations screen it gives the total for your stay, taxes, and grand total - ...most hotels will put a daily deposit hold on your card unless they give the option to pay a cash deposit or decline room charging priviledges - it's a standard thing.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • bubble113
    bubble113 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    August
    luci wrote: »
    Irish Car Bomb - Guiness, Baileys and whiskey

Paralyzer - tequila, vodka, kahlua, cream and Coke

On your recommendation we had a few paralyzers, which were v tasty but were told in a couple of places cosmo being one of them that they call them a Colorado Bulldog.

We also found drinks in Cosmo to be frequent and strong.

Duchy- have a great trip, hope the charity event goes well and enjoy Vegas!

Angelite-Thank you for your TR, good read, wish I was back there, 12 weeks to go.
  • crow99
    crow99 Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2011 at 3:37PM
    Options
    Angelite wrote: »
    ....We also ate at Stripburger with an r.com voucher (YUMMY!) and Cheesecake Factory (MORE YUM!). We stopped off for lunch at the Pizza Place at the Wynn, and whilst I still love the location, I can’t believe how expensive it is now. I tried a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity 3 which was far too overpriced. I don’t get why people rave about it......

We saw Peep Show as I managed to find a discount voucher so we didn’t mind paying $60 per ticket, but it was awful. I think we both wished we’d gone to Absinthe instead. We only really saw Peep Show for Holly Madison, and bless her, she’s lovely but cannot sing (thank goodness it was only one song!) or act. I won’t spoil the show for anyone who does want to see it still, but I will just say that some of the audience members were ridiculously gullible. And the couple beside me appeared to break-up halfway through the show which was a little awkward! It’s a nice theatre, and the songs in the show were modern enough. I would not recommend it though.

Just picked up a StripBurger voucher for our upcoming trip.
    Sadly our experience was the same, the wife wanted to see Holly Madison and well I didnt mind :rotfl:But it was one of the worst shows I've seen.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    Went to Envy last night and it was excellent.

I had bought a Travelzoo deal which was a 4 course dinner with a glass of sparkling wine valued at $162 for $79 for both of us. That was a steal.

We also ordered a cocktail and a draft Stella. Unfortunately the waiter managed to knock over the pint as he was putting it on the table and absolutely soaked hubby. The waiter couldn't apologise enough and asked if we wanted to see the manager, which we didn't as it was just an accident. He said he'd take care of the drinks.

Hubby had another beer and we had coffees. When we got the bill all we had to pay was the tax on the voucher so we left him a very good tip. He asked if I wanted change and was delighted when I said no. I think he thought we would stiff him after the beer incident.

Envy is on r.com and I already have a cert to use on a future visit.
  • bubble113
    bubble113 Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options
    August
    Have I missed Mookybargirl's TR? I read the first bit about check in at Cosmopolitan. Was there a link to it, I know it was mentioned as didn't want to fill up board with TR but not seen it. Was looking forward to it.
  • ferf1223
    edited 7 May 2011 at 4:09PM
    Options
    March
    bubble113 wrote: »
    Have I missed Mookybargirl's TR? I read the first bit about check in at Cosmopolitan. Was there a link to it, I know it was mentioned as didn't want to fill up board with TR but not seen it. Was looking forward to it.

I was thinking about outing both mooky and Triker just this morning...thankful for Angelite's TR but also looking forward to these two. :)

Luci - so glad you liked Envy! We thought it was great too...still haven't been back since the one and only time ($150 r.com voucher as there were 4 of us) - but only because we have so many other places we like/want to try...we are staying at Bally's next trip and with Envy right by the Convention Center monorail stop (hubby just reminded me the ace/gold line/SDX also stops there), maybe it's time for a return visit...been awhile since we've been to a steak restaurant. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    hey, has anyone noticed that some restaurant.com listings now say
    Promo codes do not apply

El Segundo Sol is one of them...and given that the same group owns Stripburger, I wonder if it will pop up there at some point too?
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    November / December
    That's a blow. I haven't noticed that before.
  • katy_30
    katy_30 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

I will be heading to Vegas in a few weeks and I was wondering if there was free Wi-fi if you are staying at the Bellagio. Is it included in the daily resort fee? I am wanting to use the internet on my smart phone whilst I am away but only if I can get free access.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport