Options

Comments

• ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    March
    katy_30 wrote: »
    Hello

I will be heading to Vegas in a few weeks and I was wondering if there was free Wi-fi if you are staying at the Bellagio. Is it included in the daily resort fee? I am wanting to use the internet on my smart phone whilst I am away but only if I can get free access.

Thanks

According to their website:

For your convenience a $22.40 daily resort fee (includes applicable tax) will be added to your room account and includes the following hotel services: In-room high speed and wireless Internet, In-room local and toll-free calls, Fitness Center access, and airline boarding pass printing.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    Just a heads up for anyone going to the Ross Dress for Less store. If you are using a credit card, make sure you ASK for the transaction in USD and not sterling.

We bought stuff yesterday and it was only when we got back to the room that I noticed the statement saying I had been offered the Mastercard conversion and had declined it which is a total lie. I was never given the option and would never choose to pay in sterling due to the poor rate of the Dynamic Currency Conversion.

I went back today, but the manager was very rude and unhelpful. He said we would have to take everything back to have it scanned before it could be refunded. Not possible seeing as we were wearing some of it.

I know this is common in Europe, but I have made hundreds of credit card transactions in the US and this is the only time this has happened.

I'm not going to start asking that transactions are carried out in USD as I can imagine most sales assistants would think I had lost the plot.
  • Angelite
    Angelite Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    crow99 wrote: »
    Just picked up a StripBurger voucher for our upcoming trip.
    Sadly our experience was the same, the wife wanted to see Holly Madison and well I didnt mind :rotfl:But it was one of the worst shows I've seen.

I'm glad that we're not the only ones - everyone around us loved it!
  • pattyb_2
    pattyb_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    May
    So excited going to vegas this wednesday flying with Virgin from Manchester and staying at the Paris. Many many thanks for all the information you have provided on here there are too many of you to mention by name but i am so grateful to you all. If it had not been for this site i would not have known about rest.com vouchers, the 20dollar trick when checking in and soooooo much more. This is my first post but i have been reading thru for quite some time, i hope when i get back i will have something to contribute. Once again many thanks.
  • crow99
    crow99 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    luci wrote: »
    Went to Envy last night and it was excellent.

I had bought a Travelzoo deal which was a 4 course dinner with a glass of sparkling wine valued at $162 for $79 for both of us. That was a steal.

Damn - Wish I would have seen that when it was posted!
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    luci wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone going to the Ross Dress for Less store. If you are using a credit card, make sure you ASK for the transaction in USD and not sterling.

We bought stuff yesterday and it was only when we got back to the room that I noticed the statement saying I had been offered the Mastercard conversion and had declined it which is a total lie. I was never given the option and would never choose to pay in sterling due to the poor rate of the Dynamic Currency Conversion.

I went back today, but the manager was very rude and unhelpful. He said we would have to take everything back to have it scanned before it could be refunded. Not possible seeing as we were wearing some of it.

I know this is common in Europe, but I have made hundreds of credit card transactions in the US and this is the only time this has happened.

I'm not going to start asking that transactions are carried out in USD as I can imagine most sales assistants would think I had lost the plot.

yeah never had that happen in USA . and every time in Europe i was asked in advance .

i actually would shop somewhere else rather than have to specify local currency when i purchased . nasty little trick to make money off you IMO . and they ask ,like they were doing you a favour , letting you pay in sterling . :mad:

reminder to all . always pay in the local currency with a card .
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    November / December
    Currently 32C in Vegas at 13:15. Just saying.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 May 2011 at 12:34AM
    Options
    May
    trets77 wrote: »
    yeah never had that happen in USA . and every time in Europe i was asked in advance .

i actually would shop somewhere else rather than have to specify local currency when i purchased . nasty little trick to make money off you IMO . and they ask ,like they were doing you a favour , letting you pay in sterling . :mad:

reminder to all . always pay in the local currency with a card .

If I thought it was necessary I certainly would have asked to pay in the local currency, but this has never happened before and we've been going to the US since the 1980's.

The point I was making is that they DIDN'T ask. They just put it through in sterling as it was a UK card.

In Europe I always specifically say that I want it charged in euros after one place put it through in sterling without asking. One place had automatically pressed the sterling button on the terminal, but he voided it and out it through again.

BTW it was 96F yesterday.

We're at the MGM and it's buzzing as the Pacquiao v Moseley fight is tonight. The room we're paying $109 for at the weekend was $450 last time I checked.
  • lil.smartie
    lil.smartie Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was 102f in Henderson at 7pm last night :)

Kate
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    October
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    hey, has anyone noticed that some restaurant.com listings now say
    Promo codes do not apply

El Segundo Sol is one of them...and given that the same group owns Stripburger, I wonder if it will pop up there at some point too?
    So what does that mean?
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure