THE FUTURE IS ONE BIG CHALLENGE AFTER ANOTHER for 3Dogs ....... and friends

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I havent had crisps since last week and i love them. We are going to be good.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MicheH
    MicheH Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    Options
    Here's to a speedy £90 saving for you 3Dogs. The sooner that bit of pressure is away the better and control again. The creditors don't control you any more, the law will be on your side and you're in control.
  • So_Sad_Angel
    So_Sad_Angel Posts: 7,363 Forumite
    Options
    Thats great news 3Dogs. I did the BR route & my 12 months is up in April 2011. Last night I shredded loads of DCA chaser & CCJ stuff....is it wrong to say it felt good?....but it did & I also found myself wondering why I let it get so bad & why I let the debt make me so ill.:o

Get ebaying Hun....stuff seems to be selling & thats what I am doing tonight...you`ll get the £90 in no time.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,706 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    How much approx have you got saved up then 3dogs?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    MicheH wrote: »
    Here's to a speedy £90 saving for you 3Dogs. The sooner that bit of pressure is away the better and control again. The creditors don't control you any more, the law will be on your side and you're in control.

Hi Miche !

Happy New Year Hun. xx
  • MicheH
    MicheH Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    Options
    Righteo lovelies. I'm going offline. I'm really tired as was drinking red bull at 3am (stupid, stupid 31 year old!) and didn't sleep very well.

Night x
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    How long is it before the Whole process is over for both of you?

It is 12 months from when DRO goes through - so, if mine goes through this month like I plan, my debt will be written off in January 2012. I reckon I will be abe to pay my £90 fee on 9th January :j

If Mr 3Dogs applied straight away in April, allowing a month or so for the paperwork, his DRO should be issued in May 2011, meaning that his debt would be written off in May 2012 :j
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wondered which channel Mary P. would be on?. At least it isn't clogging-up any of the main ones.

MR and Mrs 3dogs, having read your threads, I am right behind you. I will be aiming to lose 3 stone this year, but will be fund-raising as I go as it gives me a purpose to do it.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    Better add my resolution...just the one as I need to keep it realistic & achievable. Satisfyingly I met all my resolutions from last year (debt free ;)etc).

I am aiming to walk 325 miles (completed 250 in 2010) for 2011 with weekend & extra daily walking. I have a pedometer but I know that I walk 2.2 miles per hour so I keep track that way as well as a few favourite walks in the Peak District. Its just over 6 miles a week so 3 hours walking every week will do it easily.:D

This will save me £33 a month in gym fees & automatically lose me another stone in weight this year as well as keeping me sane & keep the stress levels down...:D

Might add it to my signature line...
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    MicheH wrote: »
    Righteo lovelies. I'm going offline. I'm really tired as was drinking red bull at 3am (stupid, stupid 31 year old!) and didn't sleep very well.

Night x

Silly Silly Miche - but I bet it seemed a good idea at the time

SSA, I know what you mean about wondering how or why we let debt get out of hand - just gotta accept it as in the past, and deal with NOW hun, no point in dwelling on it, as long as we don't let it happen again that is :eek: :eek:
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport