🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MOTs Cost Cutting MoneySavingExpert.com Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• calender2008
    calender2008 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    I have just done my MOT and Service from Nationwide Autocentre.It cost me £999.00. when I booked for the appoinment they said will give the car back the same day.but it took 10 days!!!!!!!!!they had lots of excuses saying the part ordered were delivered to wrong address...when it was delivered ,it was the wrong part....then again wrong part delivered.....they didnt even provide with a replacement car until I got my car back.I ended up paying almost £250 on taxis.Very unhappy with the service......They didnt even give any discount!!!
  • HeadOfSteam
    HeadOfSteam Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows of an council MOT test centre in South Tyneside?
    Money, money, money - why does it exist?? :confused:
  • HeadOfSteam
    HeadOfSteam Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, incase anybody else needs to know there is a council mot centre in south tyneside it's at Middlefields, it is open to members of the public.

Mot Testing is by appointment only (Phone 0191 427 2024)

The Mot Class 4 (Cars) Fee is £50.35
    Money, money, money - why does it exist?? :confused:
  • rachel3107
    Options
    :confused: I' m another one looking for a centre in Stockport or South Manchester.
  • rachel3107
    Options
    Stockport Council MOT centre

Translink
    0161 482 7235
  • josephine1_2
    Options
    I bought my car a year ago with a full MOT and saw this thread about council run MOT places and decided to try it today. Went to the Worcester one, friendly, did the MOT within the hour, £35. As a female driver I was really worried about getting ripped off, knowing this place existed was a godsend. So thank you Martin and other money savers, this is a brilliant site.
  • oshoshitzu
    oshoshitzu Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know of a Council run MOT center near the Wirral? Wirral Borough Council does not have one.

THANKS
  • Funkoid
    Options
    oshoshitzu wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a Council run MOT center near the Wirral? Wirral Borough Council does not have one.

THANKS

There is one very near Ellesmere Port, I've had mine done there the last few years.
  • Funkoid
    Options
    Has anyone had their MOT done at the place in Warrington listed in the directory on the site? Reason I ask is I phoned them a short while ago, I was asked if i was a taxi to which replied no then they asked me to call back in an hour due to a poor phoneline?!? Thinking they're potentially going to fob me off :confused:
  • NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the address for the test centre at kitty brewster Aberdeen and if the council still does tests from there? Tried the council webpages and there is appears to be nothing on it...

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family