Vodafone complaints

Options

Comments

• glowplug
    glowplug Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Smamfer wrote: »
    The main reason for this is to obviously give you a good insight as to how Customer Services CAN be at times.... how they can lie and how you can spend... in a total off...5.2 hours :rolleyes: being passed about and being put on hold.... Do not let them fob you off,. they CAN offer you compensation on the phone

In my experience Vodafone customer service has always been lousy, its just a bit more bloody lousy than it used to be.:rolleyes:
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    I would have told them to cancel their phone after a couple of calls. If they can not manage to get a phone to your door after a couple of calls what chance have you got with the rest of your contract?

I had a similar issue with BT phone book ad and they managed to fluff my ad 3 times (I gave them a hard copy and they ignored it and dreamed their own up).
    I gave them 1 extra chance and they published what they were asked to from the beginning. Turned out the ad was worse than useless (nobody used the book)

You shouldn't have to fight to join a company (or renew a contract). It does not bode well for the future should problems arise.
    baldly going on...
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    glowplug wrote: »
    I shall be leaving them asap as their customer care is a joke. Their staff dont care and dont deviate from procedure EVER....no matter how urgent your case is.

Utter utter rubbish:mad:

ASDA mobile use the Vodafone network and that's where the similarities end. My better half is on an ADSA payg and it is cheaper than most.
    We have had an issue with a faulty sim card and they offered to send out a repacement or we could pick one up instore and they would credit the account with the cost of the sim

ADSA and VF share the same call centre (the call centre is in my home town, and one of my customers used to work there) but the attitude of the CSR's is completely diffrent due to training

VF make simple problems an issue, ASDA make the customer first with a 'whatever it takes' to solve the customer problem and make the customer satisfied.
    baldly going on...
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Don't be fooled by the service you get when you have a contract with Vodafone. I have four current ones and it's just as terrible, as many others on these threads will and do testify!!
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HH62 wrote: »
    I haven't read through all the posts, so I don't know if it's already been mentioned, and I do NOT work for Voda - but if it's any help, if you go to the Vodafone eforum they have a customer service team working on there who I have found to be very helpful. They can't solve your issues within 10 minutes but they will try to help, and usually sort things out. You have to register before you can post

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

Have joined the forum, posted a complaint and have had a response from a forum team :eek: apparently they are "confident" my issue will be resolved.

Why can't they train their 191 team the way they train the forum team????
  • glitter123
    glitter123 Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    After speaking to Otelo who gave me some helpful advice I wrote a letter of complaint to Vodafone. The response begins

I've had a look at your previous letters and e-mails and I feel its about time we sorted this complaint out once and for all.

I dont know about anyone else but I dont think this a good way to start a letter to a customer - sounds rather aggressive to me.
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    glitter123 wrote: »
    After speaking to Otelo who gave me some helpful advice I wrote a letter of complaint to Vodafone. The response begins

I've had a look at your previous letters and e-mails and I feel its about time we sorted this complaint out once and for all.

I dont know about anyone else but I dont think this a good way to start a letter to a customer - sounds rather aggressive to me.
    hi i joined vodafone 26th feb, had problems with the order, long story but 191 was tottaly useless, then a wrote a letter of complaint where part of problem was sorted, the main problem was ignored, i then used vodafone online forum, the help on there was great, they sorted out the problem. I would reccomend the online forum.
    Shafeeeq
  • Lu_T
    Lu_T Posts: 906 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my phone back to Vodafone a couple of weeks ago as it had been randomly turning itself off and freezing. Apart from that there was nothing else wrong with it. I'm on an 18 month contract which lasts until October and had previously been very happy with VF's customer service.

I received my phone back saying moisture damage was to blame and with a blurry picture of what was apparently the inside of my phone. OK, nothing much I can do to disprove that, so I thought I'd just see out the last 6 months of my contract as the turning off was at best a minor inconvenience. I only thought I'd get it looked into when I saw the phone had a 2-year warranty.

My problem now is that camera hasn't worked since the phone has been returned. It was perfectly fine when I sent it in. This might seem like a minor problem, but I'm due our second baby in July and the first thing we did with our first was send a picture msg to friends and family so they could see the new baby. My OH has a work phone without a camera, so mine is the only option for this instant announcement.

In addition, I now have an extremely limited number of standard ringtones and alert, much less than I had previously. I never downloaded ringtones, only used the standard ones.

I e-mailed VF on Friday to explain my problem and have received a generic e-mail today which states my problems with the phone turning off are down to moisture damage and ends - this is an exact quote - "In this case you will need to purchase a new phone. I hope this information is useful."

Erm, no. It's not useful. So I've e-mailed back to tell them to pay more attention to the detail of my complaint. I don't accept that my camera 'magically' stopped working while their engineers were looking at the phone as it had been fine until this point. So I want it sorted.

If anyone from VF wants to respond or point me in a different direction I'd be pleased. How this matter is dealt with will basically make my decision about whether or not to stay with them in a few months' time.
    MSE Parent Club Member #1
    Yummy slummy mummy club member
    50% slummy, 50% mummy, 100% proud
    Imogen born Boxing Day 2006
    Alex born 13 July 2009
  • glitter123
    glitter123 Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    shafeeq wrote: »
    hi i joined vodafone 26th feb, had problems with the order, long story but 191 was tottaly useless, then a wrote a letter of complaint where part of problem was sorted, the main problem was ignored, i then used vodafone online forum, the help on there was great, they sorted out the problem. I would reccomend the online forum.
    Shafeeeq

Thanks but i'm well past the forum. They did try to help but couldnt and I have now escalated my complaint. I've noticed that VF only respond to about 50% of the letter, ignoring the rest and I do wish they'd stop using my christian name in virtually every sentence as though we're great mates.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    [QUOTE=Lu_T;_make_my_decision_about_whether_or_not_to_stay_with_them_in_a_few_months'_time.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do - do NOT hold your breath - and keep looking for pigs which fly...!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure