Vodafone complaints

Options

Comments

• cobra
    cobra Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Smamfer wrote: »
    Right ill apologise now if this goes on and on and on but this is just a prime example of why you need to note down when dealing with these big companies of times dates and who you speak to.

Friday 10th April. I call V to ask what deals i can have with my upgrade.
    Tuesday 14th April. V call me back to see if i had decided what phone and deal i want, little bit of bartering gets me the deal i want, we check phone deal and address and a gentleman called " Kev" says all is great Miss *** Your phone will be dispatched friday 17th and be with you Monday 20th.

Great Stuff!

Friday 17th April
    i get a text message from V saying " your phone will be dispatched today and delivered Tuesday :rolleyes: and delivered to.....(wrong address) So i get on phone to V and explain to customer services i have had this text etc etc, They pass me through to Upgrades, Upgrades tell me they cant find me on the system and pass me through to Technical Support, Technical support tell me they will get in touch with delivery people to find out whats happening, I am on hold 49 minutes at this point, i have spoke to 7 different people over 2.5 hours explaining my situation over and over and over again all telling me they cant change the address and dont know why its on their wrong,,,(please bear in mind i have never even LIVED in this place.) Also the address they had come up with was for Sleaford and on their systems i have since found out they have it as Fleaford and Fleasflord :confused::rolleyes:

So on and on it goes im passed from pillar to post... I end up with Technical support yet again, some woman who was very rude and when picking up that i was a little peeved at this moment said.." we are a big company and mistakes happen" ...... 2.5 hours later just to change an address?????:confused:

So she assures me she has done everything right changed it all in the system and will pass me onto the delivery company itself and gives me a 9 digi order number i just need to give to them as my phone had been dispatched so its in their hands... I speak to the lady at the delivery company who tells me its a 10 digit number i need and im nowhere on the system but is my name Kelly Rock???? Urm no its not.. " ah right as she lives in Sleaford and shes now showing up ordering the same phone as you????????????????? ( breath 2 3 and release 2 3 )

So i get back to V to customer service, who pass me to Upgrades who pass me to Technical Support..( bearing in mind EVERY time i call im having to explain whats happening to each and every one before they pass me to where i want to be):mad:

So another woman comes on phone assures me YET again that its sorted my correct address correct phone is in there but can i " just call us back on monday to make sure" :rolleyes: kiiiiiiiiiiinell!

Monday 20th April Did a days shopping with my daughter come home and think
    " ah yes time to ring V" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So i ring V and a lad calls Lee comes on the phone, all very nice can see all the notes on my system saying there had been a " couple of issues" so i run through things with Lee who "assures" me all is ok the CORRECT delivery address is on the system and it will be dispatched monday and arriving Tuesday (today). "Thanks lee" i come off phone all happy all is good.

Ten minutes later..............I get a text message from V saying.." Please call 191 to discuss your exchange" :rolleyes:

So i ring V back, im once again passed from Pillar to Post explaining the WHOLE situation over and over again i speak to umpteen people and end up being put through to............." 14 day returns" ( bearing in mind i dont even have the ruddy phone yet) lol So i speak to Margaret this time who is a lovely woman and can obviously understand my frustration on how i have been treated, apologises constantly and says " i will NOT put you on hold" lol ( she must know that at this point i know EVERY piece of music V hold on their system) Anyway she goes thorugh everything possible rings other people i can hear her on the phone then comes back to me........... saying she is going to put me through to.........Graham!

:rolleyes:.... Now she ASSURES ME Graham will sort it all out is absolutely horrified about how i have been treated, assures me that EVERY person i have spoken to COULD HAVE changed the address because the phone HAD NOT been dispatched :rolleyes::rolleyes: (breath 2 3 and out 2 3 ) She also said that Graham is going to sort me some payment out due to all this messing about....

So on i move to Graham, ( by now i think i know ALL the staff at V) He basically gets the job done offers me £20 credit put onto my bill says he feels embarrassed by how i have been treated and all will be fine, we run through my CORRECT address phone etc etc and apparently... yes i say apparently... it wil be delivered..."Today":rolleyes:

Ten Minutes Later:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Yes... You Guessed It.... I get A TEXT!!! Saying " Just to confirm your phone will be delivered tomorrow too................... Sleaford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I don't live in bloody Sleaford.

So ladies and gentleman i thought..." ya know what... sod it. " I will sit here and see if the phone comes today and IF it doesn't i will personally call... Kev Rob Lee Margaret Tina Sarah Helen and Our Graham................... and sack them:rotfl::rotfl:

The main reason for this is to obviously give you a good insight as to how Customer Services CAN be at times.... how they can lie and how you can spend... in a total off...5.2 hours :rolleyes: being passed about and being put on hold.... Do not let them fob you off,. they CAN offer you compensation on the phone

I know exactly how you feel.
    I've had the same problems but multiplied three times.
    I've found Vodafone are a complete waste of time.
    Everyone are liars except they can prove otherwise.
    Even if they give you things in writing they will deny all.
    If you want to read other posts as well as mine read them all here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=560336&page=77

Whatever you do don't trust Voda as they are a bunch of liars.
    I was verbally offered a 18 month deal on Samsung Steel 250 mins + 100 texts.
    I was offered:
    15 months half price (of £25) £12.50 x15 = £187.50
    3 months full price = £25 x 3 = £75.00
    £50 credit to my account = -£50.00
    Totaling £212.50 divided by 18 = £11.81 per month

I accepted the deal and ported my number to them.
    Then the fun began as when the paperwork came I found that it was not what I was offered.

The paperwork was:
    15 months at full price £25 x 15 = £375.00
    3 months half (of £25) £12.50 x 3 = £37.50
    NO CREDIT ON MY ACCOUNT
    Totaling £412.50 divide by 18 = £22.92 pm

Needless to say I was horrified so I rang them.
    I was told that they will revert the discount that was offered but not the £50 credit.
    According to Voda, the obnoxious woman who gave me that deal should not have given the £50 credit to my account as that deal was for last year only.
    As it was within fourteen days I asked for my PAC code.

Then I got a phone call from their retentions and said that yes, now they will honour the deal which was first agreed.
    I told him that I'm not NOW verbally agreeing to anything until I have in writting.

He then sent me this e-mail:

Mr *****
    Please see below our offer of a new upgarde
    Samsung steel (L810) free of charge
    250 minutes anytime any network + 100 texts - £25.00 with 15 months half price
    £50.00 credit on your bill
    18 month contract
    If you would like this deal please e-mail back and we will send you a letter to confirm you may also print off this e-mail as proof of the deal
    Thanks **** @ Vodafone
    Outbound Retention
    Vodafone UK
    E-Mail lee.hackney@vodafone.com

Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.
    Registered in England

I replied with a copy of this mail that I accept the offer.

When I hadn't received their reply (as I was concerned about the lapse of the Pac code) I was told no such credit can be given and now the deal was straight without any discount.

SO IF ANYONE STILL THINKS THEY CAN GET A DEAL GET IT IN WRITTING.

EVEN THEN I WOULDN'T TRUST THEM.

SO MY ADVICE:

KEEP AWAY FROM VODAFONE AT ALL COST.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    So you'r saying that everyone who works for Vodafones a liar?
  • shelley_davis_2
    Options
    What rights do I have? They are charging me £25 a month for something I only tested in January and sent back. There were no instructions with the returns envelope so just put it in the post. It is obviously lost, I have no proof of posting as it went into a mail bag at work.

Vodaphone firstly said they would claim for the parcel and refund me. Now they are saying company policy states that if I have no proof of posting, they have to still charge me.

They can see by my customer information that it was tested for an hour on the day it arrived 4 1/2 months back and on no other occasion.

Can someone please help as they are basically saying they can charge me £25 a month for life as they are claiming that it did not arrive back to them

Just to let you know I have sent letters of complaint to OTELO and Vodaphone. Nothing back from OTELO but Vodaphone sent a reply asking for proof of postage which they no I do not have. The last time I contacted customer services the girl on the other end laughed at me, then talked over me and put the phone down. I was so upset. I just want to leave Vodaphone now, it has been the worst ordeal and I haven't got the money to be paying out £25 a month for life. That's a weeks food shopping for me. They are such moneygrabbers.

Michelle
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Dont see what Vodafone have done wrong here? It should have been sent recorded delivery. Your complaining to OTELO because you used a post bag at work instead of paying for recorded delivery? Riigghhttt......
  • shelley_davis_2
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Dont see what Vodafone have done wrong here? It should have been sent recorded delivery. Your complaining to OTELO because you used a post bag at work instead of paying for recorded delivery? Riigghhttt......

It had Special Delivery all over the bag, but I didn't receive any instructions to say that I had to do anything different than post it. I hadn't used a bag before. The fact that they are still charging me for something I am obviously not using is my arguement.
  • glitter123
    glitter123 Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    If it went into a Special Delivery bag, then there should be a tracking number. Are you saying that you just sent it in the normal post inside a special delivery bag?
  • shelley_davis_2
    Options
    glitter123 wrote: »
    If it went into a Special Delivery bag, then there should be a tracking number. Are you saying that you just sent it in the normal post inside a special delivery bag?

Hi

They sent me a plastic 'Special Delivery Bag.' There was room to write my return address and their address was already filled out. The CS person told me to pop it in the post, so that is what I did. When asking whether they had received it, they enquired about an instruction letter that was sent with the envelope, but there had been nothing in there so it was a hopeless case of waiting until it turned up. I had never seen a plastic bag envelope before and as there was no information with it I just did as they said ove rthe phone. I spoke to early March about the delayed parcel and they say that they would claim and then give me a refund at the end of March. I called again early April when they said they couldn't do anything and wouldn't check the local sorting office where it could have been waiting for collection. It has not yet been returned to me, but should do if they read my return address on the parcel.
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :confused::confused::mad::mad::confused::confused::mad::mad::confused::confused::mad::mad::confused::confused::mad::mad::confused::confused:

Guess what............. Not only did my phone not get delivered today........................................They tried to deliver it to........................Sleaford!

It got to about 3pm and i thought Hmm i'll just give them a call check the delivery... I was then as usual passed by 4 people i ended up in tears through frustration i got asked to be passed to the people i spoke to yesterday to save me doing it all over again but noone could as i was passed from Newcastle to Belfast and on and on. I finally ended up asking for a manager to which i broke down and she could only apologise..

I won't go on and on and on as i think how i feel is quite apparent. Luckily there was noone available in Sleaford to take the phone and the company DPD have taken it back so my phone will be delivered tomorrow. The manager has forwarded me the email passed between her and the delivery people to confirm they have the right address....... I stated i had been offered £20.00 good will gesture before and personally i didnt think this was enough so she has scrubbed my whole bill approx £50

To be honest i have had to make hours and hours of calls, with my phone left for dead from these, i have made other plans for 2 days now waiting for this phone re work reasons i have been treated very very badly with V staff agreeing with that. Promises were made which were not kept to and i feel £50 was not good but i really couldnt be bothered to argue so i will be putting all this in writing off to their complaints dept to see what happens,.

It's not a case of i won't trust V because i have been with them years but as i stated at the beginning its a shame they don't list to problems which are arising and saving people like me a lot of hours on the end of the phone

xx
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2009 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Not just you or a "few". I have also spent countless hours on the phone, passed from pillar to post, cut off, getting the usual rubbish about "well, you haven't told ME before" - as if that will make a difference after repeating it all to 50 other imbeciles. Having established they often don't answer on "customer services" (think I've hung on for nearly an hour several itmes) I repeatedly tried a sales number. These chimps are just as bad - trained only to answer the phone in five seconds (surprise surprise) and then to "put you through to customer """services""").

They were supposed to credit back a charge they should never have taken in the first place; instead, the next month they added it on (and onto the wrong account) and compounded the problem. Three months on I am still starting from "go" and what started out as an annoyance has made me into an extremely hostile customer - even though I have had dozens of contracts with them AND ordered the same for several other people (even that counts for absolutely nothing with this organisation). For the last 2-3 years they have (apparently) had two or three different "systems" (dislike labelling them that) which work differently and foul things up. Apparently, two years ago the new system would sort all the problems out - yeah, right! The problems have got worse, customer service is non-existent and I would never ever take out a contract direct with them or upgrade an existing one.

I would add that this latest problem has happened before (every time a contract ends, in fact) AND that is is the last in a long line of other problems ever since I joined them. Their dealer is fantastic but the network is abysmal. Maybe they should join up with cpw again instead of competing to see who can stuff the most loyal customers up the fastest.
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for input..

I also forgot to add this strange going on.

A few years ago when my credit was bad my dad took a contract out for me and ive had it about 10 years. i pay him and its clearly on his account i can deal with it. Now as my dd got older i put it on a basic tarriff and she now has it and i have a different number,. She went away at wknd came back and said she had voicemail so i listened to it for her..( she is only 11) It was the original man from V calling on a WRONG number that shouldnt even be on my account or anything to do with it telling him the phone had been dispatched 3 days ago!!!!!!!!:eek:

I mentioned this to the manager today as well and she just said " how strange" ... i find calling the wrong number and discussing a brand new £300 phone will be delivered and mentioning the address a tad more than strange!!
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport