Warning - Brew It Yourself (aka The Online Shopping Co)

Options

Comments

• Mr.Everready
    Options
    I think a retweet is when you sort of highlight someones elses post for everyone on your followers list to see.
  • Essex_Lad1981
    Options
    Lovely words left lastnight on Twitter "Thank you to everyone who supported us today" sounds like Damon was crying into his pint while writing that.
  • Si8723
    Si8723 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I have just tried to send them an email and reply to theirs using their stupid system, it fails everytime with an error "unknown customer_id column"

Not sure if it's just me??
    Perhaps they have just pulled the plug on the only way to contact them?
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    I just tried it, working fine for me.
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    I'm now on 6 weeks since i was told my refund would be coming, and not even 1 reply to any of my messages.
  • Essex_Lad1981
    Options
    I'm now on 6 weeks since i was told my refund would be coming, and not even 1 reply to any of my messages.

That is truly shocking :mad:
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I just braved the high street and got into my branch of Barclays.They were really helpful.They found the relevant dept ,Disputed transactions, and let me phone them in branch.
    They took details and are sending me the forms.So a little nearer although I'm not too optimistic:(
    But I have to thank everyone on this thread for so much information and help :T
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    Macma, I used my visa debit card for this order, this was with the Bank of Scotland. I received money from the bank after 7 or 8 working days, they are now pursuing the OHBC bank for a refund.

Hopefully this is the way Barclays handle it too.
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    PS, so when I say I havn't got my money, well I havn't and neither has the bank. Mr. Parsons still owes me/my bank £86.09. If I do ever get a refund from them I will then repay the bank.
  • 7liv
    Options
    Like many of you on this forum, I've experienced appalling customer service from this company, part of which dates back to an order placed on the 28th December, and two others placed in early January.

In response to reading similar experiences of others in this thread, I wrote to the OHBC by recorded delivery last Saturday and again on Monday of this week, requesting cancellation of orders and payment of monies back into my account within 5 days. I wrote to their contact address listed on their website but also the two addresses that appear in Company House records (referred to earlier in this thread). On Tuesday I received an email advising that part of one order was being dispatched, and that the remaining orders had been cancelled and that a refund would be credited to my account within 5 days.

So..on Wednesday the part order was received by post (value approx £80), and today my bank was credited with the monies for the remaining unfulfilled orders (value approx £180).

The reason for posting is to give some of you hope that all is not lost, and to ensure that you formally write requesting cancellation and payment of monies (forget about email). From what I've read of other threads and web sites, it does appear that customers do eventually get a refund, but you have to work hard to achieve it.

Personally, I'm now grateful that the whole sorry saga is behind me. TOHBC are without doubt the worst online retail company have I have come across, but the evidence does suggest that they do provide a reasonable service (or at least have been doing so in the past) for some customers. I'm still of an open mind whether they are just incompetent in running the business or purposely go out of their way to swindle customers?

So good luck to you all, and I sincerely hope you get back what is owed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure