Warning - Brew It Yourself (aka The Online Shopping Co)

Options

Comments

• Si8723
    Si8723 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Even the reviews he replied to have been taken off !

Mines just gone, I have asked TP why as I did not break there guidelines, are they covering up now???:

The review should be based on the users own experience with the company, not based on third party experience or hearsay. Please be aware that we only accept pictures and illustrations directly related to the review. A picture of a broken cell phone is ok, you and your dog is not so ok.

Reviews can be edited if:
    • The review is based solely on the product or the layout/usability of the website. However, if the review also includes comments on the service, it is allowed to include the product and website layout/usability.
    • There is documentation that parts of the review are contrary to the actual course of events.
    • Names of employees/owners and coarse language can be removed from the reviews.

Reviews can be removed if:
    • The reviewer did not complete a purchase with the company (reviews on the behalf of someone else within the household is allowed).
    • It is possible to document that the reviewer is a current or previous employee of the company, or the owner of the company.
    • The reviewer creates several profiles to review the same company more than once.
      Reviews CANNOT be removed on the basis of the following:
      • If the company and reviewer disagree about the course of events, and where it is impossible to determine who is right. In matters like these, the company must reply to the review and state their side of the matter.
      • If the user should have awarded maybe two or three stars, but have awarded only one.
      • If the review is "unfair". If the reviewer has had an experience with the company and is dissatisfied, we cannot decide whether or not it is fair that the reviewer is dissatisfied. There are too many factors for us to be able to make that decision.
    Trustpilot is interested in a sober and impartial assessment of the companies.
    We are interested in an objective and serious assessment of the company that is being reviewed. To avoid “spam reviews” and to insure the trustworthiness of our TrustScore, we have developed a system that automatically identifies and deletes reviews that violate the terms and conditions. Trustpilot actively monitors IP addresses and patterns in incoming data for possible abuse scenarios.
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    I'd assume BIY has flagged them up. It may well be an automatic proccess and TP has to take it's time to sift through them all again.
  • DR_Paul
    DR_Paul Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Si8723 wrote: »
    Looks so, just had another email from TrustPilot..

I have noted your order numbers, but want I further need, is the actual order confirmation you received from the company, as we are about to take legal action against this company.

Could you please forward the order confirmation, or take a screenshot of it and send to me?

Are Trust Pilot saying they are taking these people to court??? How?
  • Si8723
    Options
    TP Just replied to me:

We did not remove the review.

The company did though. I have returned it to the website immediately. Would you consider sending a screenshot of your order confirmation, as we are considering taking legal action against this company.
  • DR_Paul
    DR_Paul Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    TP Just replied to me:

The company did though. I have returned it to the website immediately. Would you consider sending a screenshot of your order confirmation, as we are considering taking legal action against this company.

Go for it, make their weekend !!!
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    TP Just replied to me:

Still only one recent bad review up, with an apology no less !!!!
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    I've just noticed on TP that if I click my account it shows me the reply that was on there before he then removed it.
    We received 2 orders on the 20th Dec under the name PAUL, both of which have been confirmed as delivered so we suspect this may be a fraudulent review.

How dare I not use the same name on TP that is used with them !!!

I'll soon provide information if that's what he wants along with a screen shot of my account showing 0 replies from them when I ask where my refund is !
  • Mr.Everready
    Options
    Just edited my review again, I'm not sure if they can see them or not.

*edit2*
    There, I've changed my username. Deleting reviews on here is making a bad situation worse.
    My order number was 1001615. No excuses now you know who I am, so where's my £86.09 ?
  • Beamer525
    Options
    Strange they have all been taken down, perhaps Mr Parsons has reported them as dubious.I have sent more stuff to TP although I have not got a clue about screenshots (my youngest had to help) ended up cut and pasting most of it including order comfirmation emails.

Maybe they will all be back up later.

Well done to all ,who have got us this far.
  • Si8723
    Options
    Beamer525 wrote: »
    Strange they have all been taken down, perhaps Mr Parsons has reported them as dubious.I have sent more stuff to TP although I have not got a clue about screenshots (my youngest had to help) ended up cut and pasting most of it including order comfirmation emails.

Maybe they will all be back up later.

Well done to all ,who have got us this far.

Mine has gone again!!! I have emailed TP again , advising they should not allow them to do this and that they are now becoming party to their fraud...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure