People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...

Options

Comments

• jordan1974
    jordan1974 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I decided to renew my insurance with rsa echoice yesterday morning through confused .com,they took the deposit out of my bank ,but never gave me a policy number as the site went down at the same time i was renewing (saying my details and policy would be emailed later) i tried ringing them numerous times ,but everything is done online and the call centre is closed till monday morning,i spoke to someone in the claims department as a last resort but without a policy number they could not help me.I planned to take my children out down the coast today so to be on the safe side i checked the mid web site as i did'nt want to drive without insurance as my other policy run out last night ,good job i did cos my car is not insured according to it ,and i'm sure the book would of been thrown at me if i had got stopped by the police,i now have sorted a new policy and am hoping to get my refund ,but not looking good from what i have read on here
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jordan1974 wrote: »
    I decided to renew my insurance with rsa echoice yesterday morning through confused .com,they took the deposit out of my bank ,but never gave me a policy number as the site went down at the same time i was renewing (saying my details and policy would be emailed later) i tried ringing them numerous times ,but everything is done online and the call centre is closed till monday morning,i spoke to someone in the claims department as a last resort but without a policy number they could not help me.I planned to take my children out down the coast today so to be on the safe side i checked the mid web site as i did'nt want to drive without insurance as my other policy run out last night ,good job i did cos my car is not insured according to it ,and i'm sure the book would of been thrown at me if i had got stopped by the police,i now have sorted a new policy and am hoping to get my refund ,but not looking good from what i have read on here

Did you not get an email telling you that you were insured and welcoming you as a customer and supplying policy details?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jordan1974
    jordan1974 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2012 at 7:28PM
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Did you not get an email telling you that you were insured and welcoming you as a customer and supplying policy details?

no nothing ,when i went back into website it said they would show shortly but nothing even after 38hrs of paying.this is the message displayed when i log in.

Sorry, your policy details are unavailable right now – it may take a short while to update your details on our system. Please try again later.
  • bm4pm
    bm4pm Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi guys I've been with these lot since last August and haven't had eny problems with them ,untill today .I want to put my mum on my insurance and tried online, only to be told to ring there 0845 number as I can't do this online .seems to me that there trying to rake little extra money of me for doing this over the phone .allso when I purchased the policy it said I would be able do everything online ,not have to ring a 0845 number.surely that's false advertising .safe to say I won't take there renewal policy :/.
  • simondav
    simondav Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I will not be using Echoice again. Their web site makes it difficult if you forget your log in password, they take ages to send an email for a new password so you can log in to print documents. They may be the cheapest in comparison web sites, but like Ryanair they rack up hidden charges to trap the unwary.
  • simondav
    Options
    Following on from previous post, they take ages to send a password renew email, and then it becomes invalid if not used within 24 hours ! Their web site is up there with the Indian Visa Process for unease of use, and reading this thread confirms it.
  • simondav
    Options
    Further to previous posts, tried for last hour to log into the Echoice web site to get my car insurance details. Password OK now, but the web site says "it is having problems" or "we are having a few problems, we're working hard to fix it, please try again soon." I need to print the certificate of insurance... The worst insurance web site I have ever encountered in several years. Avoid these people, go elsewhere for a more reliable service.
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    simondav wrote: »
    ...the web site says "it is having problems" or "we are having a few problems, we're working hard to fix it, please try again soon."...
    It's been saying that for months!
    digital
  • simondav
    Options
    Hi Digital, does not give confidence. Just tried again at 10.15 pm when you would think their web site would be quiet, failed again with same error message. I suspect they have a software problem at their end which should have been fixed a long time ago. I would like to cancel my policy with them and get a full refund as they have broken the terms of the contract with me because they don't offer a proper Internet service, although they would then charge a large cancellation fee. I will have to tel call them tomorrow so they can send me my car insurance details through the post. In the meantime I think we should make the insurance ombudsman aware of the problems with RSA Echoice.
  • JennyWigley
    Options
    I took out a car insurance policy with RSA E-choice in April, and have just upgraded my car. They are only available to speak to on the phone Monday to Friday 9-5 which was in itself frustrating. When I tried to change my car details online they asked me to pay an extra £77, despite the car being at a lower insurance banding. When I carried out a new online insurance quotation however, this came in at less than I had originally paid (a difference of £110). When I called and spoke to "Customer Services Manager" Laura I as told that this is just how the system works, and if I want to cancel I will have to pay them £70 anyway. Just a typical example of how insurance companies are only out to get new customers rather than looking after the ones they have! I have now been told that I have to wait over 24 hours for a call back from a Technical Customer Manager (who apparently will only tell me the same thing. This company are a disgrace - avod them!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure