We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Morphy Richards BM Club

1…136137138139140142»

Comments

  • Strong Wholemeal flour every-time for me. I just don't like the white loaves it produces. Seeded wholemeal loaves are good too - you can experiment with diff seeds too - seasame, linseed, pumpkin etc.

    You can experiment a little with sugar and salt although it does affect the yeast performance so I wouldn't stray too much. Personally I knock down the salt a bit.

    Dough always seems to work out - tea cakes are fab. Croissants even better - but next time I will try to reduce the butter content slightly - it is scary how much goes in and indeed how much comes out during cooking!

    All in all a great breadmaker - just looking forward to finding more recipies now I've done most of the ones that come with it.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I've just been donated a MR breadmaker 48220 via Freegle, but unfortunately the measuring cup is missing. Can somebody please let me know what the volume of the cup is?

    TIA
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Bake Off Boss!
    Hi

    I bought this model at a car boot and the measure was missing, but after some googling the volume of the cup measure is 240ml.

    HTH
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Bigjenny wrote: »
    Hi

    I bought this model at a car boot and the measure was missing, but after some googling the volume of the cup measure is 240ml.

    HTH

    Yes, it certainly does - thank you. You must be a better 'Googler' than me because I couldn't find it:)
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    If anyone is having problems making a basic white loaf in their bm, try this recipe:

    http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/994/best-bread-machine-loaf.aspx

    I made it for the first time today and it is the best white loaf I have made.

    The only change I will make next time is reduce the sugar by half a tb.



    ;)
  • Does anyone know if it is OK to use a Stainless Steel Fastbake Paddle in a 48280? The paddle certainly fits and may even drop down as it does in the stainless steel - but perhaps the program doesn't run the same (I know it doesn't run identically) and it may even invalidate the warranty (if MR found out)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.