Options
1234568»

Comments

• lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    a-b I';m glad you enjoyed your spa.
    Can I ask since you had a hot stone massge what it was like. I have got a "kit" for my OH for christmas as he loves me giving him massages and i thought this would make a change.

PS there is nothing different in the Welsh gift shops than the Scottish, Irish, football shop, rugby shops etc. Same old jokes just substitute "wales" for "scotland, MUFC" etc etc.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wongo wrote: »
    The anti-English thing does get a bit tiresome at times but it is innocuous compared to the daily racist idiocy I had to endure growing up in as Chinese in England. I've experienced virtually no racism for being Chinese in Cardiff.

IMHO anyone who claims Cardiff has a racism problem is clearly deluded. Cardiff has some of the oldest ethnic communities in the country. To hear a West Indian/Sikh/Somali etc.... speak in a broad Kairdiff accent always tells me when I am home.

Sorry for the hikack,
    A Bristol Channel Yank;)
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • Lynsey76
    Lynsey76 Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Little language? Have you seen the length of some Welsh words :eek: :rotfl::rotfl:
    I am London born and bred, now living in Carmarthenshire for the past 3 years and I love shopping in Cardiff. And it's Torchwood being filmed there :D
    2008 wins £4405 2009 wins £7194 2010 wins £9615

Best wins ever: Laptop, £1000 John Lewis vouchers, PS3, Xbox 360 iPad Mini :beer:
  • CarolynH
    CarolynH Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    Lynsey76 wrote: »
    And it's Torchwood being filmed there :D

And Dr Who. Torchwood just doesn't pretend to be in London.

Dr Who does crack me up sometimes. You'll see the Cardiff skyline one second, then they'll pan round and you'll have the houses of parliament.
    :D Make a list of important things to do today. At the top, put 'eat chocolate'. Now, you'll get at least one thing done today. :D
  • curlycurtin
    Options
    The racist material I'm on about is things that say if you take an English flag and wash the !!!!!! out of it you get the welsh flag. And pictures for sale of Bart Simpson weeing on the English flag. And mugs in the gift shop opposite the castle with a verse on it about keeping the English out of wales (fair enough, I won't be going back). It's like they want the tourists but they don't want to have to talk to them and be civil to them once they are there. And I've been out at night many a time in my local town but not once been offered drugs on the street like I was 3 times on a 3 night stay in Cardiff.

I have never seen anything like that in Cardiff, in my life. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it doesn't exist, because if it did im sure somebody would have complained by now.
  • curlycurtin
    Options
    In England there isnt merchandise available to buy against welsh people. I'm not having a pop at the welsh at all. Just some of your beliefs.

Not my beliefs BS, perhaps you should alter yours? But if we're playing the tarring everybody with the same brush game, then I don't like all English people's attitudes toward Wales. The snearing, the staring down their noses at us, the way people from England go to Wales whereas people from Wales go to London/Birmingham/Manchester/Newcastle/Liverpool/Bradford-On-Avon. I remember an episode of Jonathan Ross when a guest musician listing places they'd been on tour said they'd been to Wales, this made Wossy and the audience giggle, why is that BS? What apt initials by the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure