Bag 2 for 1 at Odeon on Wednesday's without an Orange phone

Options

Comments

• animalambulanceman
    Options
    I've just followed a link on this site while reading about the free 2 4 1 orange cinema tickets that mentioned films for a whole month at Cineworld for £13.50 or £16.50 in the West End.Having had a quick read through I noticed that the Unlimited card is actually a whole year of cinema films costing 12x the monthly charge of £16.50 and could involve a lot more outlay.It's not that clear in the T&C's if you can cancel your Unlimited card after just a month and pay only £16.50 for a single month of West End viewing or if you will actually end up paying £198.00 if you fail to or can't opt out of the scheme.Can anyone please clarify this for me and tell me exactly what it need to do as I was considering giving my son a months Unlimited viewing ticket as part of his birthday present next week but don't want problems which end up costing me much more than the £16.50 that I had intended spending on this extra birthday gift.
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    I thought you were tied in for a year. Recently got an unlimited card, great value compared to normal cinema prices.
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • animalambulanceman
    Options
    Hi Chocolatepennyfarthing,

So it is a whole year then?It may be great value but as my son wants a new phone -which is going to be on Orange so as to qualify for the 2 4 1 cinema tickets- that has to have internet and various other things built in which will cost me £300 upwards on PAYG. I'll skip the other £198 expense for a year of unlimited cinema viewing for him as this is not within my budget at this time.For the same outlay he could actually get a cheap holiday in the sun somewhere that he would appreciate much more.
  • NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Options
    I posted on here a while ago about getting an Orange sim card but nobody could help me with my query i.e call plans...

We've received the free sim card from the link on here but it clearly states that i can't top up until i choose a rewards plan i.e a call plan and it does say something about minimum top ups each month...

Is there any way we can get around this and have just the sim card with the occasional top up for cinema tickets...?
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Im sure we put £5 on an old phone with orange sim on the Racoon plan. Was told that there was no time limit we had to use it by. We only use it for Orange Weds. Try phoning Orange they were very helpful when I called. Did take a while to set it up as they had to add package then you had to phone and topus.
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My cineworld sometimes wants to see the text, other times asks you to read the code, depends on who is on the desk.
    Be careful if someone sends you the text, as some staff wont accept it if it doesnt show it is from 241.
    If someone has sent it to you, you could just change their contact name to 241 , so that it shows the text has come from that number.
    I have unlocked phones anyway , so just put the orange siim in to send for the code. Then save the message to the phone, so it is still there when I put my usual sim back in .

Could you just change your friend's name in your phonebook to 241, then ask them to send the text? Then change it back after...
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Chocolatepennyfarthing,

So it is a whole year then?It may be great value but as my son wants a new phone -which is going to be on Orange so as to qualify for the 2 4 1 cinema tickets- that has to have internet and various other things built in which will cost me £300 upwards on PAYG. I'll skip the other £198 expense for a year of unlimited cinema viewing for him as this is not within my budget at this time.For the same outlay he could actually get a cheap holiday in the sun somewhere that he would appreciate much more.

Have a look at the san francisco phone, it's an android smartphone from orange for around £99
  • NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Options
    Im sure we put £5 on an old phone with orange sim on the Racoon plan. Was told that there was no time limit we had to use it by. We only use it for Orange Weds. Try phoning Orange they were very helpful when I called. Did take a while to set it up as they had to add package then you had to phone and topus.

Thanks for that, will try that ;)
  • ask66
    ask66 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 April 2012 at 6:45PM
    Options
    paul_nicko wrote: »
    Maybe another loophole?

My brother is currently on the T-Mobile network, last week I text 241 for my Orange Wednesdays text forwarded to him to use. He changed my name in his phonebook to read 241, handed it to the till operator, job done!

Paul :)

I tried this last week and it worked fine, thanks for the tip. There is absolutely no difference between the forwarded text and the original text. I did worry that the cashier might demand to see the "Orange" network message on the phone's welcome screen, but she didn't!
    I also just read through earlier posts on this thread and there's a suggestion that you can *call* 241 (for free) instead of texting, to save the 35p text charge. Will try that next time! *** Update 10/4/12 - called instead of texting, call to 241 was free but cost 35p to receive the text ***
  • riza
    riza Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i just wanted to clarify - does the free orange sim come with £1 already preloaded into it? thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure