Bag 2 for 1 at Odeon on Wednesday's without an Orange phone

Options

Comments

• Skeenfleent
    Options
    SeanM wrote: »
    Well, I got my code this morning and went down to the cinema (Odeon, Salisbury) to see Inglorious B******* (out today), but it seems that they won't accept 241 on film "previews"

I hadn't realised this so checked the T&C's when I got home and it mentions that theyre not valid for "premiers and other private showings" (so I assume a preview is the same?)

I just thought others should know, before they make the same mistake as me...go and see something but just not on the first night its out!

My friends went to see 'The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus' last night, not sure if it was a 'preview' or whatever, but the Orange offer wasn't valid at Vue cinema, Islington...
  • AndrewAfresh
    Options
    Is there any way to see what films/cinemas I can use for Orange Wednesdays without going to the Orange World website on my phone?
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    Options
    i thought it was just odeon cinemas vue do their own 241 card i think
  • AndrewAfresh
    Options
    @ onetomany: Thanks for replying. However, on page moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/orange-wednesday it says ‘any Orange customer can go to almost any cinema nationwide and get 2 for 1 on the cinema ticket entry’
  • johno86_4
    Options
    Got my sim card today and tried to registar on simregister.co.uk only to get an error #7. Rang up their customer services and was told that their system was telling them that my sim number wasn't right, even though it was the one I had read off the card :huh:
  • tvmadman
    Options
    hi
    i wondered whether I could use the orange code to book some tickets for the wednesday in advance.Can I use the orange code and does anyone know how early in the week can you get hold of the code to use it for advance booking for the wednesday show?
    many thanks
  • vaxner
    vaxner Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    tvmadman wrote: »
    hi
    i wondered whether I could use the orange code to book some tickets for the wednesday in advance.Can I use the orange code and does anyone know how early in the week can you get hold of the code to use it for advance booking for the wednesday show?
    many thanks

You cannot use the orange code in advance. It can only be used on the day and in the cinema itself. I know that in the case of Odeon it cannot be used over the phone or the internet but only at the ticket counter.

To my knowledge it is possible to receive the code before Wednesday but it is not usable until the day itself.
  • Niemand
    Niemand Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    I've just read this in Paragraph 3.5 of the Unlimited Card Terms & Conditions:
    Subject to availability and the other provisions of the Conditions, a valid Unlimited Card entitles you to access selected Cineworld cinemas every day of the week (subject to the Cineworld cinema being open), for all film screenings open to the general public (excluding premium screenings such as Delux and 3-D screenings) [...]

So it excludes 3D films, it seems.
    Niemand
  • newsgroup_monkey
    Options
    OK, Cineworld question time.

According to Orange T&Cs, 3D films are excluded

http://web.orange.co.uk/p/film/cinema_tickets

Can anyone confirm that this has always been there and that Cineworld ignore it?

And yes, I'm aware that there is the premium for 3D films that you have to pay anyway - I'm a Cineworld Unlimited holder
    The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity.
  • newsgroup_monkey
    Options
    Niemand wrote: »
    I've just read this in Paragraph 3.5 of the Unlimited Card Terms & Conditions:

So it excludes 3D films, it seems.

It doesn't exclude them, but you have to pay one pound something plus 80p for the glasses if you don't already have some.
    The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure