🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bag 2 for 1 at Odeon on Wednesday's without an Orange phone

Options

Comments

• SarahMoon
    SarahMoon Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    The article is kind of mis-leading it doesn't cost 35p on Pay Monthly it is completly free. Your article also assumes it is Pay as you go only. Sorry if it seems I am slagging but the article confused me
  • Fastflys
    Fastflys Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 August 2009 at 10:51AM
    Options
    Fastflys wrote: »
    Saturday 01st August 09
    It's now been 72 hours since registering with www.simregister.co.uk and £5.00 has still not been credited to my account.

I contacted www.affordablemobiles.co.co.uk on 0800 - 082 - 9000 and was advised to call Pre-pay Connections on 0845 - 880 - 1234 [no alternative number on saynoto0870 website]. Both telephone numbers connect to the same affordablemobiles call centre yet the agent I spoke to on their freephone number refused to transfer my call.

I contacted their Pre-pay Connections Dept on 0845 - 880 - 1234 and spoke to Conner. I was advised that a number of other customers had contacted him today, reporting the same problem.
    The fault appears to be with the www.simregister.co.uk website not processing the
    “Top Ups” [£5.00 credit].

My details were taken and I was assured that my £5.00 credit will be processed manually and applied to my PAYG account by Monday 03rd August 09.

Just to say that on Monday 03rd August 09, £5.00 was credited to my account. however, today [05th August] I discovered a further £5.00 has been credited making £10.00 in total. :j:rotfl:

Somewhere I have read that “Free” credit only lasts for 01 month from registration but don’t know if it applies to this promo.
    ;)Do It To Them Before They Do It To You ;)
  • cjpaz
    cjpaz Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Dont forget that you can top up your mobile, 50p at a time for a maximum of 8 times (£4) buy buying fanta, sprite and ... something else. (promo packs though). Can only do it 8 times though for the same number so get a £1 sim card and your four pound credit from your pop, then do it again with a nother number.
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, is there an age limit on this? Could I use my orange mobile code then my teenager use hers so 4 of us could go? (i.e me and three children?). Thankyou :)
  • Perrywong
    Options
    I have tried to gain the £5 credit from the simregister website but, upon filling out all the fields correctly and following the instructions re deleting text messages etc. I recieve the following:

STOP

You can not proceed!
    This voucher cannot be validated online. Please call 0845-880-1234 and speak to an operator who will personally assist you with your voucher registration. Please quote Error Code #1
    Please note : Calls cost 20p per minute from an Orange mobile and 2-3p per minute from a landline (local call)

Why is this happening? If I follow these additional requirements will I get the credit?
    PS. I do not have a landline. I surf using Vodafone Mobile Broadband. :mad:
  • lioness68
    Options
    Also was not able to get through to simregister.co.uk on my ISP, called and registered for top-up. Received a £1 top-up credit and am now trying to call 0845 880 1234 to get the £5 credit. So far not pleased!
    Big MSE fan :Tand proud blogger mummysaver.co.uk
  • Ali_UK
    Ali_UK Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    Don't think the free sim with £5 credit is really going to be worth it just for the Orange Wednesday since they now don't seem to send them out to everyone. I even added £5 credit to it myself but still haven't 'won'....anyone know if you get charged for the "sorry you haven't won this time" text? Wasn't aware it was a competiton I was entering, the word 'won' kind of bugs me!! Looks like I'm paying full price rip off at the cinema tonight!
  • oldmotherreilly
    Options
    I got this message as well. Checked all the data and had missed out a digit on the SIM card number, so it wasn't that I couldn't register it, it was that I had not put the number in correctly-strange message! Might be worth you checking the numbers you have input too lioness.
  • minou1961
    minou1961 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I also had problems with a faulty link on the www.simregister.co.uk website which meant I could not continue with the 'SIM only' option as instructed in the letter I received with my SIM. I phoned the pre-pay connections number as suggested by Fastflys and a very helpful lady said my £5.00 would be credited within 24 hours. Fingers crossed!
  • greencode
    greencode Posts: 401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just thought I'd let you know... I too was having trouble on their website but what I ended up doing is instead of adding my mobile number as "078XXXXXX" I simply added it as "4478XXXXXX".

It then seemed to go through okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family