🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bag 2 for 1 at Odeon on Wednesday's without an Orange phone

Options

Comments

• SeanM
    SeanM Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I got my code this morning and went down to the cinema (Odeon, Salisbury) to see Inglorious B******* (out today), but it seems that they won't accept 241 on film "previews"

I hadn't realised this so checked the T&C's when I got home and it mentions that theyre not valid for "premiers and other private showings" (so I assume a preview is the same?)

I just thought others should know, before they make the same mistake as me...go and see something but just not on the first night its out!
  • kada33
    kada33 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Could not get onto simregister site no matter how I tried. Gave up and phoned 08458801234 and after usual security message, got straight through and after giving details, was told I would be credited £5 within 48 hours.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Get permanent £1.70 cinema tickets
    There's a sneaky addition to this loophole, allowing you and a mate to get four films each a month for as little as £13.50, or £1.70 each per film.
    Cineworld cinemas offer an Unlimited films pass for £13.50/month (or £16.50 inc London West End cinemas), letting you see as many films per month as you like. Better still, this works with the Orange Wednesday codes, so a pass holder can take a partner/mate for free.
    Overall this means unlimited movies for you, plus your pal gets four free films a month, all for £13.50. There is a £1.50 supplement for 3D films.

How does this work?
    Am I being stupid?
    You do your 2 4 1 & tag along with the card holder?
    Do they not challange this in the cinema?
    My DD & her BF are cineworld unlimited holders.
    Can DH & I go to the pictures with them every Wednesday for free?
  • Roger_Rampant
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    My DD & her BF are cineworld unlimited holders. Can DH & I go to the pictures with them every Wednesday for free?
    Yes
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    I've just got an Orange SIM so I can do 241 Wednesdays. I've got my ticket, but it says at the end 'To avoid any reminder texts send STOP to 241. Term orange.co.uk/film'
    Can anyone please tell me what reminders I get and will I be charged for them? I've not had an orange phone before and I find the orange website hopeless! Lot of content, but hard to find what you want. Not happy about being woken up by a text from Orange at 8am either! Do they always bombard you with messages? I've had about 12 since I got the SIM yesterday lunchtime.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • Roger_Rampant
    Options
    You won't be charged for the reminder texts, but they are a pain in the backside. Maybe I'll try texting STOP to 241 and see whether that stops their annoying texts about what prizes I can win if I top up a certain amount, and all that associated rubbish. Does my head in! :rotfl:
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • tronski
    tronski Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else has done this but it's what I do to take advantage of Orange Wednesday without an Orange phone.

My Mum is on Orange. She texts and gets the code. She then forwards it on to me. I've changed her name in my phonebook to '241'. I then show this to the staff and it looks as though it's from Orange. It's not saving any additional money but I don't need to get an Orange sim card.
  • chocolady
    chocolady Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    I got one of the free sim cards that are loaded with five pounds and registered it. Because it took 48 hours for the free £5 I loaded it with another £5 so I could get the offer. On wednesday a few hours before I was due to go to the cinema I texted FILM to 241 and received nothing. When I called customer services they said I needed to apply for the text ticket on Monday!! I even telephoned 241 and they said they would send me a text ticket but I still received nothing. When I paid full price and went to the cinema that evening and told them what orange had told me they said that was rubbish as they had had people stand in front of them and order text tickets and they had come a few minutes later. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG:confused: It is now wednesday a few weeks later and I have tried again with the same result, now I am pretty skint and cant afford to go full price! can someone give me some advice? P.S. Phone comes up as orange network and I even receive texts from orange!
  • Ali_UK
    Ali_UK Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    I found mine took ages to come through, I would advise texting a few days beforehand just to be on the safe side.
  • Skeenfleent
    Options
    KEZ1971 wrote: »
    Subscribe to SeeFilmFirst (www.seefilmfirst.com) and every few weeks (usually on a Monday) you will receive an email for preview screenings of a new film. You are given a code to enter on the website. You can then choose which cinema, dates and times you want. You can get 2 tickets for the film. (You can subscribe using another email address and get another 2 - I have done that and can usually get 4 tickets for the whole family. Haven't tried more than 2 email addresses but I reckon you can get as many as you like.) I have seen the Devil Wears Prada, Children of Men and A Good Year - the new Russell Crowe film.

Fantastic fun for free - check out the alliteration!:j

Oh, I guess that would be why I can NEVER get a ticket. That, and the fact that my Yahoo! mail seems to get the offer email only hours and hours after it's sent, making it useless... Seriously, I don't know if it's Yahoo mail servers or the seefilmfirst servers or something contrived, but I get 5 emails that are sent AFTER the offer one and then the offer one turns up.:mad: I actually turned up the one or two times I got it, too (apparently some don't...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport