Bag 2 for 1 at Odeon on Wednesday's without an Orange phone

Options

Comments

• Victoria_Meldrew
    Options
    My daughter is an unlimited Cineworld pass holder and we have Orange broadband. If I want to go with her to a Cineworld cinema for free do I need to do the text 241 thingy to get a code or do I just go along with her and say I'm on the 241 Orange Wednesday? Sorry if this is a daft question but having read through some of this thread I'm still no wiser.
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
  • Victoria_Meldrew
    Options
    My daughter is an unlimited Cineworld pass holder and we have Orange broadband. If I want to go with her to a Cineworld cinema for free do I need to do the text 241 thingy to get a code or do I just go along with her and say I'm on the 241 Orange Wednesday? Sorry if this is a daft question but having read through some of this thread I'm still no wiser.
    Well I'll answer my own question for the benefit of those who may want to know - yes you do need to do the text thingy and get your number code then you can both get in for free.
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
  • MrCarrot
    MrCarrot Posts: 252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I just registered for the Orange free sim. It says you get £5 credit when you topup with £10. Does this come with £1 credit if you don't top it up? I'm sure that's how it used to be, but then again I think you used to have to pay £1 for the sim itself (it wasn't free before).

I want to go to the cinema this coming Wednesday, but if I have to pay £5 to top the sim up it kind of negates the whole idea!

Thanks

MrCarrot
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrCarrot wrote: »
    Hi

I just registered for the Orange free sim. It says you get £5 credit when you topup with £10. Does this come with £1 credit if you don't top it up? I'm sure that's how it used to be, but then again I think you used to have to pay £1 for the sim itself (it wasn't free before).

I want to go to the cinema this coming Wednesday, but if I have to pay £5 to top the sim up it kind of negates the whole idea!

Thanks

MrCarrot

Yeah but the credit wont expire, and you can go on any wednesday 2 for 1, 14 times. 0.35x14=£4.90
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • MrCarrot
    MrCarrot Posts: 252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jinkssick wrote: »
    Yeah but the credit wont expire, and you can go on any wednesday 2 for 1, 14 times. 0.35x14=£4.90

Thanks, that's what I did in the end. It came without any credit, I enabled their "reserve tank" but it appears this can't be used for the Orange Wednesdays text. In the end I topped up with a fiver.
  • ladyp
    ladyp Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2010 at 5:54PM
    Options
    Does the text code arrive immediately I'm just wondering whether to text on Wednesday when I know I will definitely be going or text on Tuesday night.

I was reading the terms on the vue site I wanted to go at 1.20 in afternoon to see Remember Me is that classed as a regular performance so with the orange Wednesday ticket I will pay 5.20 for 2 of us to get in?

Orange Wednesday promotion is valid on all regular performances

Thanks if anyone can help me out don't want to look a fool at cinema.
  • dank4000
    dank4000 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    great tip thanks!
  • aurorabore
    Options

Victoria

Trying to sort out 2 for 1 cinema tickets for my parents. They are on orange broadband (were freeserve customers originally). Dad has today sent a text to 80241 saying JOIN - He is still awaiting a confirmation e mail to say that he's registered. How long did it take for your confirmation to come through?

Aurorabore
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Any idea if I can get orange Weds sorted out in time for cinema visit tomorrow. Thought i had a sim but cant find it anywhere.
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • candjsmum
    candjsmum Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just a quick question. Is it a better deal to do orange wednesday for 2 adults and 2 children with 2 codes or to buy a family ticket??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure