We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 9th November

12346

Comments

  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Evening everyone,

    Donny - I`ll check my shifts when i`m in work tomorrow re the 25th, i`m not holding my breath as peeps are queuing up to book leave before the year end but fingers crossed. I`m off from Monday for a week so really looking forward to the rest apart from going to the dentist :eek:

    and........... stoppit re the kenwoods :rotfl: After having no mixer or fp after mine packed in a good while ago i ended up with 3 fps and a hand mixer :rotfl:

    One fp was only fit for the bin but i found that most of the attachments fitted one of the others, i gave a neighbour around the corner one who insisted that she wanted it despite the question that she asked when i asked her if she knew anyone who wanted one - said question was "whats a food processor" :rotfl:

    I now have a hand mixer, a small kenwood fp which is great and a magimix which i inherited from Mum that i`ve yet to use. Soooo my question is this, have i got everything to "do" everything or do i need a kenwood?:rotfl:

    How bad am i :D I`ll blame Jackie cos she started it :D

    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,793
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sunnyday - fat chance I'd get anymore sleep with my boys tearing around. Very happy as managed to get in a trip to the skips, got my final few bits of ebay selling posted and "found" my computer when I got into work - I'd left it at work. After work I've managed to scoot round Mr T shopping for the birthday nibbles for my soon to be 5 yr old! Even managed to pop into Peacocks (bit shocking to see the piece on dispatches on channel 4 about them and new look!) and got a blouse for work. Tried to fit in the furniture a bit better this evening and have moved the sitting room round - just need to get the sideboard out of the dining room into the sitting room now - thats another day. x

    Sleep tight xx
    Me, OH, grown DS, (other DS left home) and Mum (coming up 80!). Considering foster parenting. Hints and tips on saving £ always well received. Xx

    March 1st week £80 includes a new dog bed though £63 was food etc for the week.
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Evening all. It looks like it's going to be even colder tomorrow :( I was almost running home today, just to keep warm! Was hoping for a hot bath when I got in but it was more luke warm... I'm planning to work in my room most of tomorrow so am putting my storage heater on :eek: Paying 85p to heat my room to a measely 13 degrees!

    When I got home OH had made dinner, a birthday cake and stuck balloons everywhere :o This is the most I've done for a birthday since my birthday party at th church hall when I was seven and in love with my new lime green tracksuit :rotfl:
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi everyone....thanks for all the good wishes for OH..we enjoyed our lunch, not cheap but we all had a glass of wine seeing as we were celebrating..

    DD4 had to have a tooth out to-day and is suffering....she had rootcanal work done on it 3 years ago but has had constant infections ever since so dentist reckoned that it would have to come out....€80 makes it painful for the pocket as well.

    Congratulations on your new mixer Csarina....you deserve something to cheer you up at present.

    Head is gone....who posted the kitten pictures? I love cats and they know it, stroppy Sile has not appeared since I came back yesterday....she will stroll in to-morrow or the next day and 'butt' my leg with her head to teach me a lesson....I left them food, drink and a bed all easy to get at from outside, but then I was forgetting that they own me, not the other way round!

    Cold, wet and miserable here, allegedly there will be no rain to-morrow, might manage to get the gazebo packed, it blew down over weekend, and get some sticks cut from fallen tree.

    Hugs to all

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • It wisnae me, it wis Csarina!!! :eek:
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It wisnae me, it wis Csarina!!! :eek:

    :rotfl: Ah but there was no mention of half price on Amazon :D

    I`ve just spent around half an hour comparing the half price ones over and over again :D

    I wish i`d used the magimix already now as i`ve no idea what it can do lol, i`ll dig out the instructions tomorrow i think and have a look see :p

    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • I know, but I would have forgotten about it if she hadn't mentioned it :o I only looked again to check I had the right price the first time, and now I want one. I resevrved a jug too :o He's home, I need to go bat my eyelashes now! :rotfl: Want, or need? Want, or need?
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Don't forget your get £5 for a £50 spend and £10 for £100 spend at Argos from tomorrow too. Think we should put it on Grabbit?? DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I know, but I would have forgotten about it if she hadn't mentioned it :o I only looked again to check I had the right price the first time, and now I want one. I resevrved a jug too :o He's home, I need to go bat my eyelashes now! :rotfl: Want, or need? Want, or need?

    :rotfl: Good luck, bet i`m soon reading that you`ve collected one :D

    If i buy anything else for the kitchen i`ll need an extension building for storage :D

    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    donny-gal wrote: »
    Don't forget your get £5 for a £50 spend and £10 for £100 spend at Argos from tomorrow too. Think we should put it on Grabbit?? DG

    * swoons * :eek::rotfl:

    EDIT that effectively makes the mincer about £15 with the half price attachment offer!
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.