We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 9th November

12467

Comments

  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Been up since 5.50am, DH gone off to work exp, Tiddly peeps fed, DD1 is sort of up i can hear her at least ;)....She was 10 in oct and siomething happened y'day that mean't i had to explain things IYKWIM :eek: at 10YO :eek:

    Poor DD she's early isn't she. A friend of mine lasted until she was 18 :eek:
    Bitsy - Where are you today missus ?

    Cooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    Busy morning as me and DD went over to see this puddy cat
    http://southbham.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=gallery&id=3&catid=455885 She's called Feather Bow and hopefully we are going to be adopting her :T
    Not had a kitten before so heaven help me :cool:
    Come back and cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floor. Need to push vac round. Want to bake some twinks too as I don't have anything for a snack for the kids when they get back from school.
    Brrrrr windy and cold here, I read some people have had snow......can I have some please :D You know how much I like the white stuff :D:D

    Not sure about tea tonight, I really need to defrost a chicken to cook, we eat so much chicken when I don't cook one the weekend the meal plan tends to go out of the window :o

    Adelight - Happy birthday :beer: Have a fantastic day

    Meanmarie - Happy Birthday to Mr Mean, hope he has a lovely day

    Redruby - Hugs to you and your mum re your dad. I hope they can get him sorted soon xxx

    Sunnyday - Nice to see you posting :)

    Hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Happy Birthday to Adelight xx

    And Mr Marie too :T, hope you both have great days xx

    The roads were really badly flooded here this morning, the village pond had overflowed, and the roads were running like rivers !! made an interesting trip to the station with dd :eek:, the roads have cleared a bit now, but the sky is full of rain clouds, and we are due heavy rain again tonight.

    Off to see dad at two, then collect dd at 3.30, and off to the vet at 5 , will have to fit dinner in at some point :D
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Bitsy - puddy cat is loverly :D, hope you get her. Yes she is early i was 11 - Whilst on holiday in Greece sharing a room with my older brother :eek:, i never new a thing about it ever at the time. I went to bed crying :o and my brother said " it's ok, you'll be alright" :o.

    Tea is all ready to bung in the oven, was going to make pack ups but the bread is still warm, I like to get ahead of myself so that when darkness falls i have nothing to do :D

    Happy Birthday Mr Mean :beer:

    I'll relented th CH is on brrrrrrr, ut will walk to school so can feel the benefit when i get back in ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Happy Birthday Mr Mean.

    Bitsy although I'm not really a cat person, Feather Bow looks really sweet. I hope it works out, and you end up adopting her.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 14,003 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Just a quick 'wave' around the forum. Got back from the long weekend in a very hot and sunny Dubai and now need to unpack, wash and get ready for the real world tomorrow. Gosh, it was a shock stepping off the plane this morning!

    And now the real OS has to start again :eek: with belts needing to be tightened about 3 notches if Christmas is to be recognised. Have put on the CH though, the north-easterly wind blowing around the area is a sharp one which seems to get through all the brickwork and seeps into bones.

    Happy birthdays to those having one - and happy evenings to everyone.

    I'll catch up with the missing threads tomorrow.
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Afternoon peeps :wave:

    Aw - thanks for all the welcomes, and here`s me thinking that you`d all forgotten all about lil ol me :D

    Well i`ve read the thread and hardly anything has stuck inside my head :o i need to get back in practice again methinx i need to check back cos i`m getting a bit mixed up with who`s done what lol.

    The weather here brightened up for a few hours but has now gone back to being very windy and rainy, much colder too. Here was me thinking that we`ve got a bit of a reprieve.

    Molly41 - Sorry to hear that you`ve not been well, hope that everything goes well for you.

    Happy Birthday to Mr MM & adelight
    :bdaycake:

    Bitsy -Feather Bow looks absolutely adorable, such a cutie.

    MeanMarie - We have only very recently had a Tesc@s open near us, i went in once and hated it, overpriced even for a local shop!

    esmf73 - Hope that you manage to sleep a bit later in the morning :D

    Niclou - Lol just had a look at your post yesterday - creepy eh? Belated Anniversary wishes to you & MrNic!

    Rosyred - Yes still around - just :rotfl: i have remembered to log into fb more often than i used to so i`m still keeping up with a few peeps who post messages and stuff over there, my main problem seems to be fnding the time to do everything. Still think that i`ll struggle but i`ll try to keep up and see how i fare :D

    Mioliere - When its all done you will be so pleased, the good thing is that you are getting everything done so you won`t have it dragging on for years afterwards, wish we could have done that. It will all be worth it in the end :D

    I`m supposed to be cooking chilli atm, DH has arrived home and filled the kitchen with pots and pans from his camping trip so i`d better make a start or we`ll be eating at midnight at this rate :D By the time i`ve finished in the kitchen it will be time to go to bed and start all over again in the morning!

    Have a lovely evening peeps.

    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Cranky any chance I could borrow your kitten? Might make dusting the tall bookcases a bit easier!:rotfl::rotfl:
    :o

    Certainly, as long as you can stand the scraping noise as it climbs up the back of tall bookcases. It likes bookcases!
  • Afternoon All

    Another grotty day today but we did get a lull in the rain for a couple of hours.

    Feel a lot brighter today but knees are still very sore.

    Lovely to see you back Sunnyday :D

    Molly ......((((((Hugs))))) Get well soon x
    Happy Birthday adelight and Mr Meanmarie :bdaycake:

    ((((((((Hugs)))))))) to bb's DD, redruby and family,


    DH took me over to our freezer shopping club and we spent £37 but came away with 2 joints beef, a 4kg turkey (£5) a huge bag of pork chops, 2kg chicken breasts, 8 double minted lamb chops, 6 pks cotswold bacon,A big bag mince, 8 chicken kievs, 12 mince pies, 3 ciabatta bread, and sausage rolls .
    That should keep us going for a while. We save so much money going there :D

    Dinner tonight is chicken and mushroom risotto from Sunday's dinner
    DH wants an apple sponge and custard for a treat so that is in the oven.

    Well I am off to check my sponge
    Keep warm and safe all x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone

    Been to town this morning, weather better than yesterday, but not that much. Had my SC to collect from Tesco together with some half price games for the Gneice & Gnephews for Xmas. They get spoilt as there is only them to buy for apart from stocking fillers for DS & DH and something for DS's GF. I also tend to stock up now ready for their birthdays as often not much choice mid-year.

    Also picked a dress I had ordered from M&S in their recent offer, but think it may be going back, too old styling I think, will try it on to make sure.

    Birthday wishes Adelite & Mr MM :bdaycake:

    Cor 20, younger than my DS, I too will reach a 0 birthday next year, but not as old as Mr MM's. Hope you both have a nice day.

    Belated Anniversay wishes NicLou we celebrate our 37th tomorow. I've asked for a large size medal :rotfl: He has offered to buy me a very nice (expensive) diamond ring, but not sure I will feel comfortable wearing it, or whether just to insure it (which I would anyway) and get on with it.

    Sunnyday - so glad to see you back posting again, maybe sunnygirl will pop back too, along with other old faces.

    Arranged with NicLou & Jayward to have a mini-meet at White Rose Shopping Centre at Leeds. n 25th Nov. Opened another thread to see if anyone else would like to join us, but no response so far.

    Today is a use up day from the freezer with both of us having something difference with some fresh veg, and the other half of the B&A pie I made, on Sunday with a mince cobbler, I made extra pastry and the scone mix when I had the FP out the other day and kept it in the fridge. My cobbler was not as nice as usual as I did not warm the meat and gravy mix up first :o DH liked it anyway.iplayer

    By the way Lidl has knitting wool, sewing kits, and a sewing box in on Monday, the wool is £2.99 for a pack of 4 x 50g, says for needle size 4.5mm so think it should be double knitting. Mottled colours, but looks quite nice.

    Think I had better feed the brute :D

    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Evening Everyone

    Brrr, it's cold here but it has been quite sunny if not a little breezy, makes a change to the horrid rain we have had for the past week or so. Wish I had put washing out today!

    Still having freezer surprise for my lunches, quite exciting to find out what kind of soup/stew/general leftovers I get when it thaws out! Stir fry for tea in a bit.

    Happy Birthday to Adelight and Mr Meanmarie, hope you are having good days.

    Going to try to wrap up some Christmas pressies tonight, my dining room table is covered in gifts and looks a mess. At least the wrapped presents will look better!

    Hugs to all, take care XX
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.