We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Tuesday 9th November
Sunnyday
Posts: 3,855 Forumite
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Tuesday 9th November 2010.
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.
When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.
Morning peeps :wave:
Long time no “see” so i`m hoping that everyone`s well
I thought that I should pop in to say hello as i`ve been MIA for quite a while. Its not all been an easy ride the last few months but i`m sure that some of you will remember the never ending kitchen saga, well its all finished apart from a few finishing touches which have had to wait a while but its lovely and has been in full service for a while.
The firm that DH worked for went into receivership recently so that was a huge blow but he has found another job and starts work in just over a weeks time so we should get ourselves straightened out before Christmas.
Prior to that i`ve been on a few of the other boards picking up tips and learning a few new things – this site never ceases to amaze me even after all this time :j
I`m still keeping up with all the usual bits and bobs and I seem to be baking an awful lot – my ever expanding waistline is testament to that
Both of the woofaloes are well, little oldie is a bit older and the younger houndie is just as crazy as before, I can`t see her ever calming down, she is a constant source of amusement, the little black cat is expanding now that winter is here as she never seems to stop eating lol she has her winter coat so is extra furry, DH joked that she should walk across Bodmin Moor so that we can take piccies of the wild black panther
HM chilli and jacket potatoes for tea tonight so i`ll make a start on that as soon as I get home later, the wind is a howling and the rain is lashing against the windows so i`m not looking forward to venturing outside but work calls so needs must, the washing is hung up on the airer and the dishwasher is now empty so i`ll get wrapped up ready to set off shortly.
I`ll catch up with you all later peeps, have a great day whatever you have planned, keep safe and warm.
SD
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.
When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.
Morning peeps :wave:
Long time no “see” so i`m hoping that everyone`s well
I thought that I should pop in to say hello as i`ve been MIA for quite a while. Its not all been an easy ride the last few months but i`m sure that some of you will remember the never ending kitchen saga, well its all finished apart from a few finishing touches which have had to wait a while but its lovely and has been in full service for a while.
The firm that DH worked for went into receivership recently so that was a huge blow but he has found another job and starts work in just over a weeks time so we should get ourselves straightened out before Christmas.
Prior to that i`ve been on a few of the other boards picking up tips and learning a few new things – this site never ceases to amaze me even after all this time :j
I`m still keeping up with all the usual bits and bobs and I seem to be baking an awful lot – my ever expanding waistline is testament to that
Both of the woofaloes are well, little oldie is a bit older and the younger houndie is just as crazy as before, I can`t see her ever calming down, she is a constant source of amusement, the little black cat is expanding now that winter is here as she never seems to stop eating lol she has her winter coat so is extra furry, DH joked that she should walk across Bodmin Moor so that we can take piccies of the wild black panther
HM chilli and jacket potatoes for tea tonight so i`ll make a start on that as soon as I get home later, the wind is a howling and the rain is lashing against the windows so i`m not looking forward to venturing outside but work calls so needs must, the washing is hung up on the airer and the dishwasher is now empty so i`ll get wrapped up ready to set off shortly.
I`ll catch up with you all later peeps, have a great day whatever you have planned, keep safe and warm.
SD
Planning on starting the GC again soon 
0
Comments
-
Sunnyday - how lovely to see you posting x
Meanmarie - hugs to you. Hope you slept well last night and feel better this morning.
Good morning,
Thank you for all your good wishes yesterday. Made me feel very special and very much appreciated x
I still feel pretty rough so my OS is minimal but Kids Dad is working very hard and they had a "one I made earlier" lasagne" for tea last night.The freezer is stocked so they will be ok whilst I am in hospital.
My two youngest boys are in the throes of GCSE english and science at the moment. Much doom and gloom! Youngest and eldest kids are both sporting absolute shiners of black eyes. DS1 through rugby and DS3 got his at school sticking up for his friend :eek::eek: I thought about slapping steak on their eyes and decided that it wasnt OS so used a pack of peas instead:)
Hugs xI must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.0 -
Sunny day - hi there - what are we all doing up so early??? Molly41 - hugs to you as you sound a bit under the weather - so hope you're out and about soon.
I was joined again this morning - about 5am I think. Tap tap tap - then it gets harder until I wake up and there is a freezing (depending on the time it has taken me to wake up!) and usually wet little boy waiting to climb into bed with me - along with the HUGE number of toys that he absolutely HAS to sleep with. So this morning after tossing and turning for a while I thought I'd put it to good use and come and see all my friends on here. I've got the BM on, the washing hung on the drier and am sitting at OH's computer wondering when I moved to the Arctic. What has happened to the weather?
I know (according to a lady I overheard) that they had snow in Hawes (Yorkshire dales) yesterday - and thats not too far from me - and it feels like it could well be icy here this morning - but the wind sounds VERY strong. BRRRRRR Tea tonight will be spag bol or chilli and rice out of the freezer which should hopefully give me just enough time to finally sort out the dining room so we can have a meal round the table on Wednesday. Planning on sorting through a room a day at the moment as am fed up with the mess transferring itself from one room to another - seriously - it must have legs of its own. Today is a little easier than yesterday - quick skip run with MILs rubbish from the weekend, the school run to contend with, quick pitstop at the post office, then enough time for a quick coffee before I'm off to work. Where I hope I'll find my computer (can't find it at home - oops). When I get home I'm straight into clearing up the dining room - I really must do it as the childrens table manners are suffering having been eating on their knees for quite a while.
Love and hugs to those who need them - the ice is now down my back, so I'm off to the warm kitchen. xxxMe, OH, grown DS, (other DS left home) and Mum (coming up 80!). Considering foster parenting. Hints and tips on saving £ always well received. Xx
March 1st week £80 includes a new dog bed though £63 was food etc for the week.0 -
sorry to say its a sunny day here with a high set for 21degrees!! i hope it makes you all feel warmer!
i still have my cold coupled with a sore ear and tooth ache! get well Jackie --ear infections are really miserable!
İ have a quiet day on the whole--i have 2 groups of beginners first thing and then most of the day is mine--its a pity i dont feel up to the gym--i might go to the dentist and see why my tooth is ailing me!!--here you just walk into your dentist and they find time for a 'look' and if its an infection they scribble a note for the pharmasist---free of charge! treatment is charged for but usually costs less than nhs dentists and is done on the spot!!-i had a 3 teeth bridge last year and it cost 100 pounds--i dont know how that compares with the nhs scales but my last check up and minor work in the uk cost me 45 quid and i was in and out in 5 minutes!--my teeth are my real weakness it seems these days --i guess i am getting old!!---soon be in the knackers yard !!mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0 -
Morning all
All the usual chores done, hubby dropped at the station & I'm off to work soon.
I'm back to knitting scarves by special request, this time it's ruffle scarves using Can can, Ondas & fluffy ones in Wisp.
WB Sunnyday & hugs to Molly, brrr esmf, I remember those days well.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs Hester
Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.0 -
Morning
SD - Hello lovey x
Molly - Hope your feeling better, Hope DS's eyes are ok ouch & :eek:
ESM - Snow in Hawes :eek:
Been up since 5.50am, DH gone off to work exp, Tiddly peeps fed, DD1 is sort of up i can hear her at least
....She was 10 in oct and siomething happened y'day that mean't i had to explain things IYKWIM :eek: at 10YO :eek:
Tea tonight HM meat and tattie pie from freezer with HM cauli cheese.
Need to nip and get waterproofs for DH today and general HW.
Leg not as sore today but still tender, rain is battering the windows and its windy again, so airer and TD today.
Have good days hugs and spoons xx
You know your getting old when yougo to the pub sit outsideand admire the hanging basket :cool:
Is officially 48% tight
0 -
bargainbird wrote: »
Been up since 5.50am, DH gone off to work exp, Tiddly peeps fed, DD1 is sort of up i can hear her at least
....She was 10 in oct and siomething happened y'day that mean't i had to explain things IYKWIM :eek: at 10YO :eek:
aww bless her, she is very early for that, give her a big hug from me xx
Lashing with rain here, and the road outside our house is completly flodded, it looks like a river, I have lived in this area most of my life and I have never see it flodded like that, I have to drive through it to get dd to school :eek:, tbh I would keep her at home, the weather is really severe, but she has a maths GCSE today, so has to go in.
Today will be spent mainly indoors, although I will try to get up and see dad later on, saw him yesterday, and although he is physically well, he is still very confused, they are trying to get a sample from him, to test his urine but he keeps flushing it away
, he desperatly wants to come home, and when my mum left the hosp yesterday he had a few tears 
so I will try and go later on, depending on the weather / flooding.
There was also snow somewhere near Liverpool yesterday, one of the old posters on here posted a photo :eek:.
Nic the cheesecake recipe is here , took my dad a bit yesterday, he loved it
Dazi, hope your dear mum is ok. xx
esmf hugs to your mil xxx
Molly, hope you feel better soon xx
Dinner tonight is chicken fried rice, nice and quick, as we have to take little dog to the vet at 5.30.
Have good days all xxx0 -
Morning all
Goodness it is freezing out there!!!
Sunnyday how lovely to see you posting again, I was only thinking about you last night (see yesterdays post)
Molly ((((Hugs)))) hope you feel better soon
Work today, hope it is a little less manic than yesterday.
Will catch up with the thread later, have a good day all
x
ETA My post crossed with your Redruby, thanks for the recipe
"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!0 -
Morning all
Very dull here, but not sure about how hot/cold it is as I haven't ventured outside yet!
DH up and gone to work at stupid early o'clock.
Bit of a mad day yesterday as had to work a bit later so didn't get in til later and everything was behind, but had lovely smoked sausage pasta which doesn't take too long - then just organised all the pack-ups etc and s&s the kitchen so it's clean to start today. Should be having a pie etc for dinner tonight, but DS1 has cadets so they normally just have scrambled egg on toast or something quick, so I'll do DH egg, bacon etc as need to use that up and I'll have a jacket pot with something. Pie can be moved to later in the week. Am just being so much more OS now would have just left LO in fridge and then thrown them away - not now will use them up!
Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
nmlcWEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB0 -
Morning All,
Its BRRR degrees up here too. Welcome back Sunnyday, its lovely to see you on here
Molly you take care x Hugs for RR and Dazi and Beemuzzed and anyone else with worries about loved ones. Thanks for the good wishes de1amo, my ear is much much better, hope you get on OK at the dentist.
Plan for the day, I have a hospital appointment at ten, then the day is my own, I will be trying to get to level 3 on Flylady today, though. I am watching my nephew after school today, and we will be having the soup I made yesterday for dinner, and I'll make sausage rolls this afternoon to accompany it.
Take care all of you, hugs spoons and hi fives all round, oh and an extra wee squeeze for BB's dd, the wee pet.
Jackie XXXIt's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0 -
Morning all, cold and gloomy here in London!
OH gave me my revised birthday necklace this morning
It's lovely. I haven't been fussed about birthdays since I was in primary school, but I was quite excited about presents from him and glad i'm 20, it sounds a lot better than 19! Going to have a yummy thick chocolately coffee then get on with ~two hours of work before uni.
It's a bit manic in the house at the minute, one flatmate has his brother and friend over (all crammed into his room when we have two sofas, two giant bean bags and a spare double duvet and sleeping bag downstairs?!) and the other had his suitcase stolen last night! He kept getting pushed further from the luggage area on a really busy train home from the aiport and his bag was taken, he went back to the stations reporting it but no luck yet and I do feel bad for him as he's missing 3/4 of his clothes!Living cheap in central London :rotfl:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards