We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 9th November

24567

Comments

  • Many Happy Returns to you adelight, have a gorgeous day :D
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Morning!!!

    Its cold, galle force winds here today. The leaves are off the trees and the sunsets are glorious.

    Hows everyone?

    Today i'm doing making some stew or soup today, need a hearty meal to keep us warm.
    I'm been busy sorting finances, courses and attenind gschool meetings and assessments so been rushed off my feet.

    Today i'm on a mass cleaning/decluttering session.
    I'm preparing to move house, not sure when and if its going to happen as its still up in the air.
    But i will have this house decluttered and sorted by the time we do.

    OH tooks a car full of carp to the tip yesterday, i can many trips to of the like in the near future.

    So yes very OS style in the house today, also need to measure coddy's curtains. His room is freezing.
    Have a good dya all!
  • Morning all

    Big hugs to those who need them today, especially BB's little lady. I've got a sneaky feeling my DD will be in the same position in the not to distant future, she'll be 10 next birthday too. Somehow they just don't seem even nearly old enough...

    I have quite a nice little day planned today: attack the house this morning, then I have a lunch date with DH this afternoon (he has today off to play the new CoD game that came out at midnight. And yes, he went to get it at midnight...), after which I am meeting my friend for coffee before the school run. Then this evening I am retreating to the bedroom for a night of TV and crafting :j I have a new embossing kit that I tried out quickly last night and the results were fab (for a first time, anyway!). So I'll do a few more cards this afternoon.

    OK I'm off to start flying,

    Sending spoons and happy thoughts to those in need.

    MMM :)
    The 2012 mantra - "A place for everything, and everything in it's place"
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Morning all............................((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

    Thank heavens it has stopped raining for now at least, it woke me so many times in the night hammering on the bedroom window.

    OH has been fed and medicated, he will be getting up soon, I need to light the stove, the heating goes off at 10am. Its very raw and overcast outside.

    OH has requested shepherds pie for his supper, so need to cook the mince and let it stand for a while, will put a tin of tomato's in I bought 3 tins from bargain foods to see what they were like. Which reminds me I need to ring them about the burst bag of lentils that showered all over the box and the floor when I took them out.

    Off for my second mug of coffee, see y'all later.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Happy Birthday, Adelight!

    It's pouring down with rain here, too, in supposedly continental France; blowing a gale, as well, and pretty cold. In fact, it's rained since early yesterday morning with only an hour or so off yesterday afternoon. We must all be sharing the same weather. I hope no-one has problems with flooding.

    OS-wise I can't get much done because the endless plastering goes on - it's the dining end of the kitchen but means that everything has been moved into the kitchen part, so I've given up trying to do proper catering. Dinner tonight will be what inspires me when I open the fridge!

    Sunnyday - good to hear from you. I envy you your working kitchen!

    Meanmarie - thinking of you.

    I need to go out today to post some letters and so on; I put it off yesterday because the weather was so bad, but I'll just have to wrap up against the rain and take the plunge later.

    I hope you all have a good day, despite the rain.

    KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

    Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Good morning everyeon, and happy birthday to Adelight :)

    Well, it's seriously baltic here in Edinburgh, but windy so I'm hoping to get a wash out on the line.

    Husband off today, we're going to take the kids to the beach (wrapped up well), and take some coppers from our copper jar so our 3yr old can have a shot on the coin droppers at the amusements. I'm teaching this afternoon, so leaving something simple DH can make for the kids. I'm thinking chicken curry so he only has to do the rice. Stripped the meat of the half price M&S chicken yesterday so have lots of meat to use, will try bulk it out with chickpeas and spinach to make it go further though.

    Off to sort out my son's bedroom whilst he's at ursery and Little Miss J is sleeping - such quiet moments are bliss :)

    Have a good day everyone. x
    2021 wins: eco-friendly bedding bundle
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Good morning,

    I'm off to costco with a friend today, just for a nose round. The kitten thoughtfully dusted the top of the curtain rail in here for me last night. I can't reach it, and I didn't realise she was up there until I heard her sneezing from the dust. She had one grey side and one her usual black when she came down - a very effective furry duster:rotfl:

    I have listed some [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] no longer required previously treasured possessions on ebay. I was feeling quite pleased with myself until I looked in the spare room for something for a friend. At the going rate it's going to take me years to shift it all.

    Take care all of you
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Morning all
    Happy Birthday Adelight:beer:
    Hugs to all those who are under the weather and those worried about their nearest n dearest
    Freezing here in my bit of Essex no rain at the mo but the sky is black DD1 has her college review today so she is in my bed watching JKyle:o
    WM and Dw are on and mince casserole n mash for tea busy night scouts n army cadets tonite
    Hope you all have a good day and keep warm
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Morning everybody,

    Sunnyday,its very nice to see you post.Sorry you've had it a bit rough recently.Hope things pick up now.I have seen you now and again on other boards so thought you must be ok.I'm glad your dogs are doing alright too.:)

    Adelight- Have a very Happy Birthday,& enjoy wearing your necklace:bdaycake:
    De1amo- 21 degrees eh :p:D (lucky thing)

    Redruby- continued get well wishes for your DDad.x

    BB- hugs for DD x
    Molly41- glad you are able to post but forget the OS while you are poorly,it'll still be waiting for you when you feel up to it.Glad KDad is being helpful and letting you take it easy.xx
    The rain has stopped here,though its still very windy,but the men have gone off to work,so I should get a bit more done today.DH fancied a pie for tea last night,so the curry has got shunted to tonight.

    I was going to go into town to go on the market and get some black material.I have a really useful waterfall style waistcoat,and noticed some little holes in it,so I wanted to see if I could make one,using the old one as a pattern.However,I got an email saying my overlocker had been despatched,and a couple of parcels for DS2,so I don't want to risk going out now.I think I'll try and finish my Christmas cards,so I can clear that stuff away-leaving me space to play with the overlocker without the risk of glitter and glue etc.

    Hugs to anyone in need today.
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Thanks for your hugs re DD1 xx

    Been to sainsbugs and scats and got my bits...Bread is proving in the boiler cupboard again....:D

    Tea prepped and now chilling with coffee.
    I've crumpled and put the heating on for 1/2 hour its off now ;)

    JG - Hope appt goes well x
    Bitsy - Where are you today missus ?

    Fellow dipression sufferers iplayer itv this morning (just finished)

    Will be making these in abit too:D

    PS - It's still blumming freezing and wet

    PPS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADELIGHT
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.