We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Tuesday 9th November

12357

Comments

  • Ooh the gritters are out! I passed 3 on the way home! Been out getting the boys their winter boots, I got the ones I had seen online and they are lovely and warm and snuggly, I fancy a pair myself, they also had some nice ladies winter boots, which were quite pretty as well as practical, but as I just bought some, I behaved. :D I am exhausted now, and was quite snappy with the children, I find being out and about like that quite stressful atm, poor boys :o

    Hope you all have a nice evening. x
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i am suffering psychological coldness!! its a bit breezy out and its dark and with all your reports of inclement coldness i am 'imagening' being cold--my shoulders feel all hunched and i dont want to venture out.--i came home an hour ago by motorbike and i had 2 coats on because this morning i listened to you lot lol--the wind is warm and not a cloud in the night sky!--thisis not helped by also taking part in the thread about--is your heating on or off!!! --i begrudge my gas bill at about 180gbp a year--including heating showers and hot water so i am being mean!!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • Well, if it's that effective, please feel free to post some pics and talk about the sun :D
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    I was talking to my daughter today via the internet, I was telling her about the problem I had with the hand whisk when I was trying to beat up sone chocolate cake mix, she asked if I no longer had my Kenwood chef......no it went years ago...well get yourself another one and we'll pay for it. We found one on Amazon, she has paid for it and it is being delivered to me here gift wrapped!! Aren't I the lucky one, mind you where I am going to put it I do not know, but I will find a place. I cannot wait, I have always steered clear of making meringues my hand mixer does not do such a good job beating the egg whites.....I can see a storm of baking coming up.......it has several other things with it including a slicer for taking the skin off seville oranges to make marmalade, a food processor attachment and a liquiizer.......woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    csarina - :T:TI'm very jealous:cool:
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    evening all! Had a bad day today, have to attend a capability hearing at work tomorrow and may lose my job! the only thing that has changed recently is that i'm not working all the extra hours i used to because i don't get paid for them!

    I have a job interview on Thursday luckily.

    An old collegue of mine has started his own business, and i want to sort hint to him that if he does need someone to give me a call. but i don't know how to word the email!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2010 at 8:48PM
    That's rubbish Bramble :(

    Argos have £100 of Kenwood Chefs just now, the fancy dancey one and one of the slightly less powerful ones, making them 189 and 229, I think!

    Lucky you csarina, I love mine, but its an oldie and about to die, I fear, I am trying to decide whether to bother OH for a new one or not :D


    OMG I just checked and they're half price!!! http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=KENWOOD+CHEF

    You'd need to buy attachments, but WOW!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I am trying to decide if I still need my Kenwood Chef, oldie, now I have a Kenwood FP? Seem to get that out more.:cool:
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • You can never have too many kitchen gadgets Donny :D I have a FP too, but with baking on an almost daily basis, I really appreciate a food mixer. I have RA, and don't like BM's - I gave mine away - so handbake, and the Kenwood is fabulous for this, I also abandon it and do other things which obviously I couldn't if I did it by hand. I have a wee hand mixer too, or I did, it died a week or two ago, which was good for wee mixes, but I love a big mixer. I have reserved one :o. Will sweet talk my lovely husband when he comes home. Although it is my birthday AND Christmas in December :D
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Hello again everyone, hope we're all as well as can be. JackieG - you go get that Kenwood!

    Well I'm tucked up in bed with a cuppa watching that new programme about ZSL, quite interesting. As I've been to London Zoo not tooo long ago I'm doing the traditional pointing and shouting "We've been there!" whenever there's an appropriate bit on screen!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.