We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Tuesday 9th November
Comments
-
Good Morning All. Early walk with the hounds today - wet and freezing cold! Shades of lots more to come I suspect. have been to the gym so am feeling virtuous. H and I are about to tackle the dining room - we had a group of friends round Friday night and everything got stashed in there. One day I will have a house where every room is presentablw at the same time....but not yet!
Need to make bread today and ought to tackle the ironing again. Managed to catch up with longstanding paperwork yesterday - been on my to-do list for months - and took less than half an hour! Why do I do this all the time?
Anyway, happy birthday to Adelight - glad you had the necklace you wanted!
Have a great day everyone - and take care of yourselves.Resolution:
Think twice before spending anything!0 -
Morning all.
Happy Birthday Adelight. My last one had a "0" on the end too, but was somewhat on the plus side of 20!:rotfl:
Cold again today - I've resurrected a black flecked cardi that I knitted about 15 years ago to keep me a bit warmer.:D
OS today will include making a veggie stew for dins - we have some roots that want using; I'll do some herby dumplings to go in it, too
I also have a skirt and top to hand-wash (why do so many of my clothes need washing by hand??).
Oh, and I've snaffled that cheesecake recipe, ta muchly RR.;)
Very best wishes to BB's DD. I remember "that" time only too well - I was 12, and have never been so scared in my life; I knew absolutely nothing and concluded that I must be injured in some way. Got in a lot of trouble with my mother too, for making a mess. I'm sure it'll be a lot easier for Miss BB.:o
Cranky any chance I could borrow your kitten? Might make dusting the tall bookcases a bit easier!:rotfl::rotfl:
Well. I must get off my butt and do something useful; have good days, all.:oIf your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)0 -
Haven't read the thread yet....off out in a minute with OH who is 70 to-day, to meet my BF, who was 65 on Sunday....bad week money wise for me as my brother will be 57 on Thursday and DS1 39 on the same day..
Been for a look around new local T*sco...."the biggest in Ireland"...not greatly impressed, got some currants for Christmas cake, small sponge tins, electric toothbrush for OH, tin of drinking chocolate....used my €10 off voucher and spent €24...will visit over next 2 weeks as well as they have stuff I can get for Christmas there, and I still have 2 vouchers so might as well use them to save myself a little money....no bread flour that I could see, so can't stock up on that.
Happy birthday Adelight
MarieWeight 08 February 86kg0 -
Thank you for the birthday wishes all
Posty came with all the cards and big box of pressies from the fam, and a surprise present from a friend at uni 
Sister's card naturally was addressed to "Aimee (aka massive b!tch)"
Happy birthday MrMean!Living cheap in central London :rotfl:0 -
-
Happy birthday Adelight--oh to be sweet 20 again!!--im looking down the barrel of approaching 50!!--i hope your having a lovely day and wish you well in all your future endeavours.
Day is a bit cloudy here but quite warm. i worked this morning and could suffer no more so i went to the dentist--i needed a root canal filling--i have no idea what that actually is as opposed to a normal filling but he did it and so far my pain has passed--he doesnt speak english my dentist but i get the idea and glimpse words i understand--they re an honest bunch in turkey so i fear not!--i have a temporary filling until friday when he will complete the job--he would have done it Thursday such is his efficiency but i didnt know my schedule.--fingers crossed my sinuses and ear ache will pass now--i think he said that all the pain i had eminated from this tooth and my sinuses were 'swollen' because of it.--i dont mind the dentist because i am a typical man and hate being ill--a whimp but brave in the chair!!mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0 -
-
yes he did loads of scrapping and there was plenty of rooty blood-thanks i now know i have a hollow tooth!! one gone about 28 left!!--its all on the right of my mouth--i must learn to sleep and chew on the other side!!--i cant wait to get the bill---i wonder how much root canals cost from the nhs??--as long as i am not in pain i can suffer untold pain for long term relief--i asked him not to inject me so it was done with 'feeling'!!--2 summers ago i had all my fillings replaced with white ones without anaestetic so i am well practice--this was a different sensation though!mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0
-
I think we should delete this, I've just remembered Dazi is even more scared then me and sh needs a filling too
It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0 -
rather some short burst of pain than a mouthful of pain is how i see it--my cheek has been swollen my gums sore -ear ache -sinus pain --and in 45mins i am like new-
-i had my astigmitism corrected in the summer--nows that is horrible op so i am told--someone told me after it was all over--it takes some getting over which disappointed me-3 months of eye drops and glared vision- in the op they turn the cornea around and laser it --you see it all going on in your eye as you try and look at the red light and after 5 minutes its all over
not a nice recovery---i had 4 big tatoos on my legs the next day and i found that quite soothing and tickly!!
i had 8 fillings done in 2 days when i whitened--no injections--i wished i hadnt done it but seemed a good mid life crisis thing to do lol--teeth have been sensitive ever since!--i also have a motorbike and a sportscar--oh to be 47 and scabbling for my youth lol(my next trick is a hair job!!)mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards